• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#21 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 10:52 AM

So, I was looking at the site the other day... still no new news or ETA on this?

#22 Kyp Durron

Kyp Durron

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 343 posts
  • Interests:ST props, models, and Lightsabers OH MY!

Posted 27 June 2007 - 06:10 PM

Nope, which is pretty crappy of them if you ask me.

-Kyp

#23 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 27 June 2007 - 08:31 PM

I signed up for the email newsletter and nothing has yet to come. I would think they are busy but just a small update would be greatly appreciated. This project has received such huge press in the ST community I would think they would let us in a little more.

#24 Wildcard

Wildcard

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 01:51 PM

^I agree. It's not that I'm unwilling to be patient...in fact I AM...it's just with all the press surrounding this project, keeping the interest up and the fans up to date is definately a good idea...nae an ESSENTIAL idea.

#25 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 10 November 2007 - 06:10 PM

I dunno if you all have seen the latest, but part one of OGAM is going to be up in December and the other two parts are going to follow soon after.

#26 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 08:01 AM

Well good, it was well over a year ago that I watched the 5 minute trailer when they released it at the 40th Ann Seattle Con. They said it was almost done then!

#27 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 11 November 2007 - 09:31 AM

If they wait too long for this it may collide with the promotion for the new movie. If hat happens it will either pick up steam or be completely overshadowed. They really need to get this released in December and not make any more delays.

#28 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 06:21 PM

I asked some of the Actors involved waaaay back at the LV Convention if they had any idea what was the schedule.

Basically all the work is done for free, and most likely underestimated the amount of work it would take and had other issues.

So... like the toys I love to get from DST... I simply am resigned that one day I will get to see it! But since it is free, I find it hard to be really upset with anyone involved.

#29 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 06:55 PM

Its such a cool project I dont want it to get overshadowed by anything else. Id totally be willing to buy a dvd (if thats allowed) to help support the project. I really want this to be successful because i think it could spawn a whole bunch of new trek projects!

#30 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 22 December 2007 - 06:10 PM

Part 1 is up!

Just got done watching it and I really did enjoy it.

I think it started out slow, but really picked up.

I liked the TOS plot tie ins (but won't mention them as to spoil anything.)

This seems like it has real promise!

#31 reverie

reverie

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 22 December 2007 - 06:54 PM

I can't wait to see this.. it seems like it's been forever since I first found out about it! Sadly I'll have to wait unitl Thursday at the earliest since I'll have to do it at work (stupid dial-up at home sad.gif ).

#32 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 22 December 2007 - 07:04 PM

Well it's up and I have to say, not to bad!

#33 Chalksquared

Chalksquared

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 812 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, performing (on stage), drawing, and collecting anything (24th century) Trek.

Posted 29 December 2007 - 10:04 PM

I just saw Of Gods and Men and I have a few questions. unsure.gif

So as not to spoil this for anyone who hasn't seen it, would anyone be willing to help me out? I figured a PM would be more courteous.

As for an example: NCC-1701-M?!?

#34 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 10:46 PM

I watched it, pretty good for a fan film. Iwill definitley watch the next chapter to see how it turns out.

#35 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 01:09 PM

QUOTE(Chalksquared @ Dec 29 2007, 08:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just saw Of Gods and Men and I have a few questions. unsure.gif

So as not to spoil this for anyone who hasn't seen it, would anyone be willing to help me out? I figured a PM would be more courteous.

As for an example: NCC-1701-M?!?

I think the answer your looking for is that "M" stands for "Museum".

#36 kamendreda

kamendreda

Toys before the light bill.

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 03:24 PM

I just watched it... Um... WOW! That was soooo about the worst Trek I have ever seen. It's like they went down the list of the worst actors in trek history and invited them to the shoot. Garrett Wang, Nichelle Nichols, Cirroc Lofton, Chase Masterson... wow. Those really are the worst actors ever in Star Trek.

I really appriciate what they were trying to do with this but my lord it was practically unwatchable.

#37 A Chimpanzee & 2 Trainees

A Chimpanzee & 2 Trainees

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 710 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 03:44 PM

QUOTE(Gothneo @ Jan 9 2008, 02:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the answer your looking for is that "M" stands for "Museum".

^ I know that's probably what they were going for, but it really is dumb. It's like going to visit the battleship Missouri at Pearl Harbor and finding someone painted an M after the 63. They should have had the ship's real registry on the hull and had it being towed out of spacedock via a couple of ships (with Starfleet Historical Conservation Corps., or similar markings). ... IMO anyway... besides, 200 years later when the Enterprise-L blows up, what do they use for a registry? Go right to N?! If the Enterprise-D hadn't blown up and had become a museum piece, would it have become the 1701-DM? Sounds like a cough syrup to me... smile.gif

#38 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 05:04 AM

I was under the impression it was a "Replica" not an actual decommissioned ship... which seemed like quite an expense to me.. building a working replica just for museum purposes, and that was the reason it has the "M" designation. It also makes the assumption that the 1701 designation is never used again... which is something I think makes sense...

I never really understood the reuse of the same designation past an actual "refit" and once the original/refit enterprise was blown up in Wrath of Khan, any new ship (regardless of it's name) would have gotten a new number.

Likewise, the 170x numbers would/should have been used for constitution class ships only.

They got it right for "Enterprise" with the NX-01 designation.

I argue they got it wrong with TNG as it's a Galaxy Class ship, and thus should have been something like 2701.

Enterprise "C" is an "Ambassador" class ship, and Enterprise B is "Excelsior" class.

Only Enterprise A is constitution class, but is an entirely new ship with the Enterprise name.

So the only real Enterprise that should have had any letter designation was the one from the first two movies.

#39 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 06:29 AM

Part Two is up now... Tried to watch it a couple of times and my connection has just been so blocky that I can't really enjoy it... plus the browser actually crashed on the last attempt dry.gif

It's been getting good reviews though, and I sure want to see it!

Any idea if the entire thing will be made available to just download so you can watch it anytime?

#40 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 26 April 2008 - 09:07 PM

I finally got around to watching part 2. I'm not sure how I feel about the story as whole. Is is really awesome seeing our heroes back in action, but something feels off. I don't get why, when we are in the movie era that the ships are TOS. I don't like how the <spoiler>planet vulcan was destroyed. It was like the Vulcans had no clue and BOOM they were running. Is this the Mirror universe???<spoiler> The acting seems a bit pressed at times too.

I am hoping part 3 answers some of my questions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users