• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 anderbre

anderbre

Toys before the light bill.

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 06:30 AM

Word is this game is a total letdown. Rushed out in time for Xmas and filled with bugs and crappy contrils which ruin it. Word is that anyways.

#22 ECH

ECH

Newforce is my home page.

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 06:37 AM

Yes, well. I'll think I'll reserve my judgement until I've played it.

#23 The_Donster

The_Donster

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,198 posts
  • Interests:OMG!! Clearly my hobby is getting away from me at the moment if anyone remembers the pics of my collection on the old AA forum. While mine isn't as focused as Mark's, it's start to rival his, lol. Long answer short, too many to narrow down.

Posted 15 February 2007 - 06:03 AM

Anyone played this yet?

#24 Captain Kidd

Captain Kidd

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 394 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 03:23 PM

I wanted to pic this game up but after checking the requirement, my PC will not support it. I would need to get a new vid card. This is why I picked up a PS2. I would not have to pay for a new vid card everytime a new game comes out. But then again this game did not become available on the PS2.

I did pick up Encounters however and that was a nice play.

#25 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 04:30 PM

I have thought about getting it but I would like to hear what more people have to say about it first.

#26 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 08:13 PM

From all the reviews I've seen, it's a pretty average game. Not great, but not terrible either. I'm sure it's good for some fun. I'm just not willing to pay full price for it, so I'm waiting for the price to go down a bit.

#27 Stormfury_Echo

Stormfury_Echo

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 612 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 11:00 AM

You know, I think all these negative reviews are malarky! I got the game the first day that it was out and I have not regretted that decision since. I love it. The skirmishes are the most fun because you can just get these massively scaled battles going on, and you don't need to harness an entire keyboard just to control your ship. Granted mine is for the Xbox 360, so that is where my opinion really lies. Anywho, as far as the PC version is concerned, there are already a billion mods out there to improve the game play, because from what I understand, the PC was a complete bomb out. If you have an Xbox 360, then go for it! I love it, so I think other people will too, and believe me when I say that I am sooo picky about video games.

#28 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 27 March 2007 - 08:08 PM

I have it for 360 and im happy with it. The story game is a bit hard to control with warping to places and achieveing objectives. The skirmish part is pretty cool. The one thing I like about this is how different ships "handle" differently. For instance the Defiant can zip around places being that it is smaller in size. However the larger galaxy class ships feel like that ship would with turns being difficult to manuever. overall i thought they captured space combat in the best way ive ever seen given the size of the ships. For me I like instant response so the slow manueverablity irratates me to no end.

#29 JonWes

JonWes

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 11:45 PM

Has anyone played this through yet? I just picked it up the other day and while it's fun I'm stuck on the "Stirring The Hive" level. No matter how much I hit the three biogenic ships I can never seem to stop them for the base's laser to destroy them! I fire and fire and fire...

#30 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 02:38 AM

I played it through like a year and a half ago and I don't remember how I did that level. Maybe you need to upgrade your ships before you do it.

#31 JonWes

JonWes

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 11:08 PM

Well I finished the game tonight! You know I have to say I don't really understand the negativity about this game. I thought it was a lot of fun. There were times when I wished my wingman ships wouldn't go fighting on their own when I had them positioned but was not directly controlling them. But that's my only complaint. It was very pretty looking and fun to control so many different ships. The game reminded me of the Iron Man game for Xbox. It was very pretty but the controls took a bit too master and it could be more difficult then you'd think at first. But after mastering the controls I enjoyed both immensely. Both also go

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users