Trek XI Pictures

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#81 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 11 November 2008 - 08:29 PM

Yeah, I am not too hot on the nacelles and for the life of me I couldn't figure out what the configuration on the side of the secondary hull with the red light was for. LOL Had to take a closer look to see its a shuttle of some sort. LOL

#82 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 09:22 PM

Are we SURE that's the Enterprise?

#83 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 11 November 2008 - 10:06 PM

From all the early reports I read, the ship wasnt shown in the trailer. Im not really sure....the saucer does look way too much like a photoshop job.

#84 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 11 November 2008 - 10:45 PM

If not, shame on EW ... EW Article

#85 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 12 November 2008 - 07:15 AM

well i guess that settles that...its just strange that you dont put it in your trailer to hold suspense but the same week give an exclusive pic to a magazine. to me it doesnt make sense.

#86 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 04:09 PM

I dont really like it....it looks kind of smashed...kinda short and chubby =(

#87 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 05:02 PM

Remember in a time travel ep it might only look Ike that for 5 minutes!

#88 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 06:33 PM

It is a nice updated look while still keeping with the basic design. I like it.

#89 A Chimpanzee & 2 Trainees

A Chimpanzee & 2 Trainees

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 710 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 07:58 PM

Not bad. It's going to take some getting used to. The TMP Enterprise at first blush seems to be a much more elegant design aesthetic. I suppose that's what they were going for, in a way.

Speaking of that, I know this is completely contrary to what Abrams was saying he was going for, but I don't see this as a melding of the TOS Enterprise and the TMP version. The more I look at it, the more I think it looks like what the Enterprise B could have been. While the saucer and forward half of the secondary hull are clearly evocative of (if not nearly identical to) the TMP Enterprise, the longer slope on the back of the neck connecting the primary and secondary hull is evocative of the Enterprise D, as is the long sloping curve on the aft underside of the secondary hull, ending right under the pylon attachment points, just like the D. The engine nacelles seem to be a bit more advanced-looking than the TMP version. (Although they do remind me a little of overgrown hair dryers cool.gif ) Honestly the only thing that screams TOS/TMP hybrid is the deflector dish on the secondary hull.

#90 Cpt. Phil T. Berns

Cpt. Phil T. Berns

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 432 posts
  • Interests:Props, uniforms, 9" clothed figures

Posted 23 November 2008 - 09:15 AM

QUOTE (slayerone76 @ Nov 12 2008, 03:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
for the life of me I couldn't figure out what the configuration on the side of the secondary hull with the red light was for. LOL Had to take a closer look to see its a shuttle of some sort. LOL

Yeah, I had to take a second look too before I realized it was a shuttle.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users