• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 michaelmotorcycle

michaelmotorcycle

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 01:30 PM

Does anyone who follows the rumors of DS9 figures know which uniform the crew they would depict wearing?

#2 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 01:42 PM

No. No idea yet, AFAIK. I would guess it would be the FC style grey shouldered uniforms for the core release. That would follow along with the TNG figures being made from their late season appearances.

I would also be willing to bet that the season 3/4/5 versions of the crew would also be made as variants, including a S4/5 Worf. This would allow possible reuse of the torsos in future Voyager and even Generations releases.

Most likely a mirror universe set would also be in the mix to go with the previously released Regent Worf.

#3 ECH

ECH

Newforce is my home page.

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 03:40 PM

^ Yes, I'd expect all those things. But I'd also expect more aliens in this line too. Aside from Odo, Dax, Quark and Kira you have major secondary characters too. There are alot of aliens in DS9, afterall.

#4 DeepSix

DeepSix

Toys before the light bill.

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 04:43 PM

QUOTE(ECH @ Sep 23 2006, 04:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But I'd also expect more aliens in this line too.

Hopefully. (fingers crossed)

#5 JulesLuvsShinzon

JulesLuvsShinzon

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,101 posts
  • Interests:Collecting Art Asylum 7&quot; Star trek action figures.

Star trek &amp; writing fan fiction.

Posted 24 September 2006 - 07:17 AM

Given that most of the regular cast are aliens, I would still like to see some figures made for the various recurring alien characters in DS9 like Gul Dukat, the Grand Nagus (how about a Ferengi gift set of Quark/Rom/Nog/Grand Nagus/Liquidator Brunt and Moogie!), General Martok, Morn, Leta, Weyoun, and maybe Kai Wyn.

#6 Hirogen

Hirogen

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 24 September 2006 - 05:13 PM

This probably isn't in DST's plan for this series but I would love and alien series box set.

Klingon: Martok, Gowron, Klingon Warrior
Cardassian: Dukat, Damar, Cardassian Soldier
Jem Hadar: First, Second, Third?
Romulans: I don't remember any names!

Something like that. I would love to get some unknown Klingons, Cardassians, or Jem Hadar to populate my Trek displays.

#7 jason

jason

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 24 September 2006 - 09:17 PM

I will not be happy unless Nog, Rom, Martok, Garak, Damar, and Weyoun get made. I think they are as key of characters as some of the cast in the opening credits and really by the time the show ended the credits could have had another 6 people in it.

I like the idea about the 3 packs. It could be an easy way to give us a ton of characters.

#8 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 24 September 2006 - 09:39 PM

How about just more two packs before any box sets or three packs?!

#9 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 24 September 2006 - 11:35 PM

There were indeed a truck load of cast members by the last season.

To add to people listed by jason, I would like to see:

Keiko, Cassidy, Kai Winn, Leeta & the Female Changling

Missing Winn would be like missing Dukat....I hope she makes an assortment.

I know not many would agree...but I'd really like for the Jake Sisko figure to be smiling, semi Ogawa styles.
Seems to suit his character more than a serious face.

Most looking forward to:

Any Quark figures, Jake & The Intendant.

#10 DavAnthony

DavAnthony

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 12:26 AM

Of the supporting cast I'd definatley like to see
Damar
Dukat
Martok
Gowron
the female Changeling leader
Nog
Rom.
I personally never cared for the character of Leeta,Keiko or Garak so I wouldn't miss them if they weren't made; However I know alot of people really like those characters so I'm definatley in the minority here. I'd expect there is a good chance of Garak being made but I personally would be really surprised if Leeta or Keiko were made. But for the sake of the people who do like those characters I hope they get them.
I agree Artistix on Jake. I wouldn't mind the character smiling since that definatley goes with the character. I don't think I personally would want it as big as Ogawas but something a little more subtle would work for me.
Definately want the main crew though. I can't wait to get an O'brien, Bashir and Odo. Well actually I want them all but those three are at the top of my list.

#11 knightone

knightone

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 12:36 AM

I plan on getting any and all DS9 releases so box sets, two packs, three packs, it doesn't matter. However they release them, I'll get anything and everything I can get my hands on. Although that Ferengi box set would cost like a hundred bucks.

I'd like them to get to all the secondary and recurring characters. I'm sure a lot of them will be touched on eventually, in some way even if they don't come out with the regular DS9 waves.

#12 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 03:29 AM

QUOTE(DavAnthony @ Sep 25 2006, 04:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd expect there is a good chance of Garak being made but I personally would be really surprised if Leeta or Keiko were made. But for the sake of the people who do like those characters I hope they get them.

Yes. I don't think they'll skip many of the guys...Garek, Dukat & Rom will undoubedly be in there.

I agree there is not much of a chance for Keiko, Cassidy or Leeta sad.gif ....the female Changling is slightly more plausable. Each would need atleast a new torso, though they could share arms & legs.

Whilst Kai Winn was a big player from day 1, DST do not seem to be into robes with the Trek line...so I doubt we'll see her.

Dukat can also be used for Damar & MM Garek.....Rom could be used for Nog & Jake

#13 Kassle

Kassle

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 11:17 AM

QUOTE(The Green Lantern @ Sep 24 2006, 04:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This probably isn't in DST's plan for this series but I would love and alien series box set.

Klingon: Martok, Gowron, Klingon Warrior
Cardassian: Dukat, Damar, Cardassian Soldier
Jem Hadar: First, Second, Third?
Romulans: I don't remember any names!

Something like that. I would love to get some unknown Klingons, Cardassians, or Jem Hadar to populate my Trek displays.

For Romulans, how about: Commander Tomalok, Commander Sela and Commander Toreth (from the eppy where Troi is a Romulan).

#14 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 12:23 PM

Those would be great for TNG but I don't remember any of them being in DS9. DS9 did have a few Romulans that would be good though. I just can't remember any of thier names right now.

#15 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 04:32 PM

Am I the only one who wants to see Siskos' dad! biggrin.gif I thought he was awesome.

Much like Marlena Moreau, it would be great to see Jennifer Sisko to round out the Mirror crew for DS9.
I'm sure Jennifer, Leeta, Cassidy & Keiko could largely share one body.

Some multi-packs:

The Wedding set - Worf & Jadzia
O'Brien Family - Miles, Keiko & Molly
Cardassians - Dukat, Damar & Garek
Reckoning - Kira & Jake
Odo & Lwaxana Troi
Bajoran Dukat & Kai Winn
Quarks - Leeta, Rom & Morn
Grand Negus & Moogie
Battle damage - Sisko Vs Dukat
Kira & Odo
House of Quark - Quark & Grilka
J. Dax & E. Dax
Holodeck - Bashir & O'Brien
Family pack - Ben, Jake & Cassidy

#16 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 05:34 PM

QUOTE(Artistix @ Sep 25 2006, 06:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Am I the only one who wants to see Siskos' dad! biggrin.gif I thought he was awesome.

Much like Marlena Moreau, it would be great to see Jennifer Sisko to round out the Mirror crew for DS9.
I'm sure Jennifer, Leeta, Cassidy & Keiko could largely share one body.

Some multi-packs:

The Wedding set - Worf & Jadzia
O'Brien Family - Miles, Keiko & Molly
Cardassians - Dukat, Damar & Garek
Reckoning - Kira & Jake
Odo & Lwaxana Troi
Bajoran Dukat & Kai Winn
Quarks - Leeta, Rom & Morn
Grand Negus & Moogie
Battle damage - Sisko Vs Dukat
Kira & Odo
House of Quark - Quark & Grilka
J. Dax & E. Dax
Holodeck - Bashir & O'Brien
Family pack - Ben, Jake & Cassidy

Would be nice if all these figures were made, but i think we will be lucky to get all of the main characters from DS9, and maybe a couple of secondary characters but i wouldnt hold my breath for all of those figures Artistix. I know your just posting a dream list, but if we cant even get Tasha Yar and Guinan from TNG, i doubt seriously that we will get many secondary characters from DS9.

#17 DeepSix

DeepSix

Toys before the light bill.

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 06:15 PM

I think we'll have to wait a while before we see some of the supporting characters. I'm sure thney will do a few if convenient, but the rest will have to come later after the main Voyager cast and maybe even after the main TOS movie cast. After that, DST will have to visit some of the other characters. That, or give up the license. But, for many of the mentioned figures, we'll have to wait another four or five years before I think there will even be a chance to see them.

#18 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 07:22 PM

QUOTE(VulcanFanatic @ Sep 26 2006, 09:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Would be nice if all these figures were made, but i think we will be lucky to get all of the main characters from DS9, and maybe a couple of secondary characters but i wouldnt hold my breath for all of those figures Artistix.

VulcanFanatic....c'mon! You give me too little credit!! biggrin.gif

I think most of us know DST well enough now not to get our hopes up in any respect.

I have no expectations for a DS9 line. It will be interesting to see how they tackle it.
I am only expecting the main crew (most of them) & possibly Dukat & Garek.

And I am more than happy with the main crew.
I just hope DST don't put Jake in the Chapel catergory.

#19 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 25 September 2006 - 09:15 PM

QUOTE(Artistix @ Sep 25 2006, 08:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just hope DST don't put Jake in the Chapel catergory.

If DST can do a Wesley Crusher they damn sure can do a Jake Sisko! biggrin.gif

#20 knightone

knightone

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 10:07 PM

QUOTE(slayerone76 @ Sep 25 2006, 10:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If DST can do a Wesley Crusher they damn sure can do a Jake Sisko! biggrin.gif

I think Wesley is a special case because he is basically a repaint/kitbash, just like the wave 4 Q. Even the proto of Cadet Wesley is painted on a standard TNG uniform (oh please let that not be the case for the production figure!). Chances for Jake right now are 50/50. We'll see. Doesn't look too good to me, thoughm unless they make one Jake for a two pack or set set.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users