Photo

Is there going to be any type of carded standard gold Kirk?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Goro

Goro

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 04:26 AM

Like are there going to be any nwe releases that contain a standard, gold shirt, black v neck trim, Captain Kirk? I've seen two versions of a Kirk with chair but am only sure that the pilot (puffy neck) one is coming out, is there a different one coming out too?

#2 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 05 September 2006 - 06:11 AM

There are two different versions of Kirk with captains chair. WNMHGB (pilot) and the other, more familiar version with the black collar. So far we've only seen carded versions for WNMHGB. I don't think we've been told anything about a carded standard Kirk, but I am sure there are other convetions for DST to get crazy over.

#3 Mason

Mason

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 423 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek, Collecting Action Figures, Collecting DVD's

Posted 05 September 2006 - 09:38 PM

The one you are talking about was originally released as a con exclusive about 3 or 4 years ago...it wasn't carded however. It was in a black and white picture box. It was supposed to be part of TOS Wave 3 but AA changed their minds and put the "Battle Damaged" Kirk from Arena in the wave instaed. At this stage, outside of getting the figure with the captains chair, the only way you'll get the figure is to maybe find it, in the box, on ebay or if someone here has a spare that they're willing to sell. There are no plans to release a carded version of the figure.

#4 Goro

Goro

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 10:06 PM

well if he came with the figure boxed/carded whatever I'd be happy

#5 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 02:02 AM

It sounds like you don't care about the exavt type of packaging. Is there any particular reason why you would prefer a YSK packaged without the chair?

Is it cost? New Force has the regular Kirk with chair listed for only $20. If a sepearate carded Kirk were to be released as an exclusive, it would still cost the same price. The previous YSK release sells for more than that. And if they were to do a regular release of the figure, it wouldn't cost all that much less than the chair version.

#6 Goro

Goro

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 03:54 AM

No I don't care about the chair.. chair would be even better, as long as he's a regular figure. Comes with accessories maybe would be good.

what's YSK packaged?

I just basically want a sealed, normal captain Kirk

#7 knightone

knightone

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 03:44 PM

QUOTE(Goro @ Sep 6 2006, 04:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No I don't care about the chair.. chair would be even better, as long as he's a regular figure. Comes with accessories maybe would be good.

what's YSK packaged?

I just basically want a sealed, normal captain Kirk

The YSK (or Yellow Shirt Kirk) was the orignal convenion exclusive Kirk that was mentioned a few posts above. He comes boxed, with a phaser rifle.

So are you saying you wouldn't mind getting the chair version? The upcoming version of the Kirk with chair is a normal version of Kirk, just like YSK, as seen in the original series. The only exception is that he doesn't come with the phaser rifle or any other accessories other than the chair. I also believe the color of his shirt is closer to that of the Sulu and Checkov releases, whereas the original YSK's shirt did not have the right color to match. The regular Kirk with chair is due for release at the end of this month.

#8 knightone

knightone

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 01:15 PM

Goro, New Force has an original YSK up for sale here if you're interested.

And, of course, New Force also has the regular Kirk with chair for preorder here.

#9 Goro

Goro

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 12:12 AM

Hmm this sounds good except for the part about no accessories. Is this confirmed? Did the other chair captains come with any accessories?

#10 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 08:02 AM

Yes it's confirmed. No accessories w/ Capt Chairs.

#11 pickard

pickard

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 08:31 AM

QUOTE(Goro @ Sep 6 2006, 12:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well if he came with the figure boxed/carded whatever I'd be happy

Goro, I've got an extra boxed YSK that I'd be willing to part with for $15 plus shipping. PM me if you're interested.

Here's a shot of the figure, boxed and loose:

#12 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 09:55 AM

That's the hookup Goro! I think that was one of the best offerings AA ever made.

#13 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 10:46 AM

Yeah I have that one and love it. Really good deal and Picard is great to do bussiness with.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users