• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 ryanlb

ryanlb

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 325 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 05:24 PM

One pack per movie would be nice, but if Kruge has been canceled I can't imagine that Final Frontier or Insurrection would get one. Maybe Generations with Kirk and Picard.

Still, since we're just wishing anyway, who do you want from the movies?

I can't imagine anything from Final Frontier selling very well, or being interesting to me. Not that I don't like the film, there's just not any interesting uniforms, are there?

Undiscovered Country: General Chang and Chancellor Gorkon would be an awesome 2 pack, but Chang and Kirk is more realistic. Also, Spock and Valeris. And I'd also like Gorkon's daughter, Colonel Worf, the Romulan Ambassador, and the General whatshisname and Major West. And most importantly, the Federation President.

Generations: well, I want all the TNG crew in their new uniforms, so I'll be happy with anybody here too. Soren, the Duras sisters, even the TOS crew, I guess.

First Contact: Picard and Borg Queen would be great to see in a two pack. And Half-Borg Crewman with Data. And the Brog Drone with Worf. Straight re-releases for Data and Worf, and Picard's head on an existing body.

#22 Whirlygig

Whirlygig

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 07:39 AM

QUOTE (ryanlb @ Jun 18 2009, 06:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can't imagine anything from Final Frontier selling very well, or being interesting to me. Not that I don't like the film, there's just not any interesting uniforms, are there?
I know one that would sell amazing. What collector in their right mind could NOT pick up....nude fan dance Uhura? You may think I'm joking but I am totally serious. That thing would fly off the shelves!

Now more realistically -- what about Kirk/Spock/McCoy in campfire clothes & with campfire accessories? That would actually be really cool. A lot of Trekkies I know personally are into camping.

Also they could do a Spock wearing levitation boots. Maybe throw in Kirk with open uniform and "Go climb a rock" T-shirt exposed. biggrin.gif

#23 Pauln6

Pauln6

Newforce is my home page.

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 09:03 AM

I'm a fan of complete crews but I don't really mind buying multiples of Kirk and spock in 2-packs if it nets us more obscure characters. I'd have bought Kirk and McCoy just to get Rand and Chapel for example. Captain Sulu and Commander Rand is a possible TWOK variant example that might work if tehy just bung a new haircut on the Janice mold.

If I want TMP customs though I'd get more bang for my buck if I get two figures in duty uniforms. Ideally Decker and Ilia, since it would be really easy to produce everybody else using TWOK heads. Fan dance and levitation boots might be pushing it though - unless Spock has a button that lets him sing Row, row, row, your boat...

#24 New Frontier

New Frontier

I know FHC by name.

• Suspended
  • 585 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek: The Original Series <br />Graphic Design <br />Star Trek 2009 <br />Model Making <br /><br />

Posted 19 June 2009 - 09:42 AM

What about new sculpts for each character sold as box sets based on episodes. DST could run polls on every major toy forum, garner interest and let fans vote for their favorite 5 episodes in any Star Trek series and then make a box set of entirely unique figures.

Each box set would contain all the major characters within that episode and would vary in price depending on how many main characters were in that episode. Each box set would be about the price of a ship and contain electronic bases that could either stand alone or be added to other bases sold in other box sets creating once all joined together a large delta shield diorama celebrating 40 years of the Classic Star Trek franchise.

Each figure would be completely new - no re-usage at all. New sculpts, new paint job, new everything. It's clear to me that the figures aren't really selling at all and the chances of seeing complete crews non existent and whilst i don't offer complete crews, i offer figures that would probably have never seen the light of day if released on their own.

Each base would interact with the other so in effect creating a time travel diorama where you could have Captain Archer meet Captain Kirk.

Expensive sure but i think if DST made enough to meet demand then they'd make their money.

Or just individual figures sold as a wave depicting a certain episode:

#25 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 10:26 AM

QUOTE (Whirlygig @ Jun 19 2009, 08:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know one that would sell amazing. What collector in their right mind could NOT pick up....nude fan dance Uhura? You may think I'm joking but I am totally serious. That thing would fly off the shelves!

Now more realistically -- what about Kirk/Spock/McCoy in campfire clothes & with campfire accessories? That would actually be really cool. A lot of Trekkies I know personally are into camping.

Also they could do a Spock wearing levitation boots. Maybe throw in Kirk with open uniform and "Go climb a rock" T-shirt exposed. biggrin.gif

I would actually prefer to see them in combat gear. Kirk, Spock, and McCoy definitely. Maybe even Sulu and Uhura.

#26 ryanlb

ryanlb

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 325 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 10:42 AM

QUOTE (Whirlygig @ Jun 19 2009, 07:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, I wouldn't buy any of those. I've never liked Uhura much, and the worst parts of that movie (to me) are the camping scenes. I might buy Spock in the rocket boots. But you're right, lots of people would like those. Just not me.

As for episode specific box sets, that could be cool, but they will never be all new figures, they'll be mostly re-used stuff, it would cost WAY too much to make new molds for every figure in a set.

#27 Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 10:49 AM

Ever since they delved into the TWOK figures I've been wanting the away team/strike force versions as well Kirk in the jacket. I'd even like the Klingon Captain and the female Klingon.

As for naked dancing Uhura... only if she were sculpted to reflect her look in the 60's. tongue.gif

#28 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
  • Interests:"Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?"

Posted 19 June 2009 - 10:50 AM

Nude fan dance Uhura....hmm, Oh JJ, how about getting Zoe to do that in the sequel?!!! And you can add all the lens flares you want !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users