189 replies to this topic

#21 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
  • Interests:"Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?"

Posted 18 June 2009 - 08:13 PM

That would make for a good lineup, but I'd also like to get the two Romulans from the drilling platform! Sulu and Kirk need someone to battle with. I also hope they'll do Kirk and McCoy in civies. They also need to do some cadets so that Kirk can do some bar-room brawling. Hopefully a five pack, for that "There are four of us and one of you action"!

#22 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 06:33 AM

Check out the head sculpt on this G I Joe figure from Hasbro. He has more than a striking resemblance to a starfleet captain we all would like to see made soon! I wonder if this will be used on a future Iron Man movie line like the line for X-Men: Wolverine Evolutions line?

http://www.cooltoyre...a...4.jpg&text=

#23 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 02:57 PM

QUOTE (bgiles73 @ Jun 18 2009, 10:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That would make for a good lineup, but I'd also like to get the two Romulans from the drilling platform! Sulu and Kirk need someone to battle with. I also hope they'll do Kirk and McCoy in civies. They also need to do some cadets so that Kirk can do some bar-room brawling. Hopefully a five pack, for that "There are four of us and one of you action"!

A "cupcake" figure?

#24 Wildcard

Wildcard

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 03:15 PM

LOL My friend Dave would like that since he went to grad school with the actor who played "cupcake". laugh.gif

#25 Biffette

Biffette

Toys before the light bill.

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 09:02 PM

QUOTE (bgiles73 @ Jun 19 2009, 05:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Check out the head sculpt on this G I Joe figure from Hasbro. He has more than a striking resemblance to a starfleet captain we all would like to see made soon! I wonder if this will be used on a future Iron Man movie line like the line for X-Men: Wolverine Evolutions line?

http://www.cooltoyre...a...4.jpg&text=

Oh, man. A Kelvin wave would make my day! What I really want are some Ayele accessory to represent those nifty holograms he "threw" to display for Robau.

#26 hcmv007

hcmv007

Action figure anonymous member

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 03:13 PM

Good news from Playmates as we finally get a look at Wave 2!

I like the selections offered, but it would be nice to see some troop builder figures-like a couple of red shirts and some of the female bridge officers (in blue and red tunics, I didn't catch one in gold).

My Wave 3

Uhura in Cadet Uniform
Pike in Cadet Uniform
Kirk in Arctic Gear
Delta Vega Spock
Romulan warrior
Delta Vega Scotty

My Wave 4

Klingon Prison Guard
Rura Penthe Nero
Night Club Kirk
Cadet Cupcake
Admiral Pike

#27 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 03:17 PM

Pike wasn't really in a Cadet Uniform, unless you are talking about the Black one he wore in the bar scene with Kirk.

Delta Vega Scotty was announced to be part of the Transporter Playset but they scrapped that, so I'm sure we'll see him in Wave 3

#28 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 21 June 2009 - 10:21 AM

Well good news....Star Trek has been restocked at my walmart after being gone for a few weeks. I guess the directive came down from on high.

#29 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 11:23 AM

Well I've put up both Wave 1 and Wave 2 on the NFC Ref site =)

#30 Matty-lad

Matty-lad

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 03:52 PM

QUOTE (BadBunnyMike @ Jun 21 2009, 06:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well I've put up both Wave 1 and Wave 2 on the NFC Ref site =)

Hey,

Great work on the site however you've mentioned that the 6" Chekov was played by John Cho and not Anton Yelchin. Thought you would like to know.

Take care,
Matty-lad

#31 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 04:42 PM

Jeez, Playmates sure isn't in any hurry to answer those questions we submitted a couple of weeks back. Must not be Paula Billingsley answering those. Or maybe we just asked about some things that they will not be able to disclose until SDCC or New York Toy Fair in the Fall. I'm hoping that DST will continue doing what they are doing and that Playmates will be able to share the license for the old stuff too. It's not looking to good that DST will be able to do anything for the new movie. All DST latest Q&As give me the feeling that they will be relinquishing command. I hope I'm wrong I'd like to see that Klingon BOP and the Romulan Warbird that Chuck jokingly said "Maybe" about producing one someday!

#32 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 05:03 PM

QUOTE (Matty-lad @ Jun 21 2009, 02:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey,

Great work on the site however you've mentioned that the 6" Chekov was played by John Cho and not Anton Yelchin. Thought you would like to know.

Take care,
Matty-lad

Thanks, I overlooked that one, I got it fixed now though

#33 FMT

FMT

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 09:11 AM

Ahh...No Gaila in wave 2? And no Cadat Uhura worries me even more because that decreases the chances of seeing Gaila even more. When I read the news a while back on Action-figure.com that hinted at a Gaila figure, that is what prompted me to go out and buy every single figure and playset from wave 1. Now I'm not sure if I'll continue with the line unless they confirm a third wave with at least one more female...well, I'll probably at least get Keenser, Ayel and the 2 large aliens.

Random officers would be nice too, we will have this massive bridge playset with close to 20 stations and only a handful of figures to populate it. I wouldnt mind a generic blonde female figure that could stand in as JAnice Rand or Nurse Chapel depending on what color they make her uniform.

#34 KirkPR1

KirkPR1

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • Interests:EVERYTHING STAR TREK

Posted 25 June 2009 - 11:04 AM

QUOTE (FMT @ Jun 25 2009, 12:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Random officers would be nice too, we will have this massive bridge playset with close to 20 stations and only a handful of figures to populate it. I wouldnt mind a generic blonde female figure that could stand in as JAnice Rand or Nurse Chapel depending on what color they make her uniform.

I agree with you we need more officers to fill those stations.

#35 Kyle_C_Haight

Kyle_C_Haight

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 11:42 PM

QUOTE (KirkPR1 @ Jun 25 2009, 01:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree with you we need more officers to fill those stations.

Since they're coming out with the "booster pack" of bridge pieces for the foreign markets, how about something similar of just nameless crewmembers? Six in total, three male, three female, two for each department colour.

#36 KirkPR1

KirkPR1

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • Interests:EVERYTHING STAR TREK

Posted 26 June 2009 - 06:04 AM

QUOTE (Kyle_C_Haight @ Jun 26 2009, 02:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Since they're coming out with the "booster pack" of bridge pieces for the foreign markets, how about something similar of just nameless crewmembers? Six in total, three male, three female, two for each department colour.

That's a great idea

#37 FMT

FMT

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 02:11 PM

that is a great idea! I would buy them for sure. Maybe playmates or new force or some other retailer could get it as an exclusive...

#38 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 03:46 PM

Looks like my local Walmart pulled these and the Terminator figures out of the back...

3 3/4 figures are marked down to $4.95

I'm still not enticed to buy them though.

#39 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 07:21 AM

I was reading over in the "Whats new at Newforce comics" thread that Ricks sets of figures from the Wave 2, 3 3/4" and 6" Playmates movie figures will include exclusive figures not available at mass retailers like TRU. What kind of a crock is that? Which figures will that be? I know that with DST online retailers have had exclusives, but Playmates is not a specialty market line, its a mass retailer line. Looks like TRU would be ticked that they wont get a lot of business since folks will have to order All of their figures from an online retailer in order to get the few exclusives not available at TRU. Seems like the "1701" thing all over again Playmates, boy you folks never learn do you.

#40 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 11 July 2009 - 07:26 AM

they are going to be the uniformed variants for McCoy and Sulu

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users