• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 weyoun_9

weyoun_9

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 433 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 08:51 PM

So, they already have a sculpt for the Borg Queen and, unless I'm mistaken, the AGT Beverly body would work for Admiral Janeway with little to no alterations...so they'd just need to sculpt a head. This seems like a nice way to test for Voyager interest and get a Borg Queen on the market regardless of whether or not the rest of the Borg line make it out the door. Any takers?

If that works...why not go this route...

Shelby/FC Locutus
Human Seven/Drone Seven

More thoughts are welcome!

#2 stardust

stardust

Newforce is my home page.

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 10:08 PM

I'd buy it. Someone should really ask about that in the next Q&A. And maybe instead of the Borg Queen and Admiral Janeway they could use a Seven figure and Admiral Janeway. Surely a Seven figure would encourage the purchase. And as you said the Janeway would only require a new headsculpt. And then they could get some more mileage with the Borg Queen in a two pack with a partially assimilated Janeway from Endgame where they could use the Admiral Janeway head and just slightly alter it with some of the mechanical implants popping out. That way they could get twice as much out of going to the trouble of sculpting a Janeway head.

#3 Dr. Crusher

Dr. Crusher

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 10:28 PM

Heck yeah! I've been waiting years for the DST Borg Queen (and will probably have to wait a few more) but I'd buy this for sure.

#4 Moran

Moran

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 11:01 PM

I'd love to see Admiral Janeway and Borg Queen.

Also would want to see Purple Catsuit Seven with Captain Janeway.

#5 JonWes

JonWes

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 11:21 PM

Heck yeah! I'd rather have an Admiral Janeway then no Janeway. I still want Janeway in her series outfit with the latter-season haircut (her best look in my opinion) some day... but admiral Janeway would be great.

#6 Commodore Kor'Tar

Commodore Kor'Tar

The Great Tribble Hunter

• Members
  • 2,415 posts
  • Interests:Playmates figures and ships (90s era), Art Asylum and DST figures and ships , Galoob figures and micro machines .

Posted 06 June 2009 - 11:34 PM

They have claimed time and again that there is little to no interest in Voyager figures at this time . I think if they made and released a two pack featuring Janeway , they'd be proved just how popular Voyager figures would be real quick .

#7 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 01:07 AM

They could, at the very least, see if there is much preorder interest.

#8 Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 01:56 AM

I could definitely go with a Queen / Adm. Janeway pack, although I believe they should use Troi's legs.

#9 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 07 June 2009 - 08:12 AM

The costume would work but she would definately need shorter legs. Worst case...the Troi legs would do fine. I would buy both a Janeway/7of9 and Janeway/Queen even if it had the same janeway inside.

#10 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 10:24 AM

Yeah that sounds like a good one. Count me in.

#11 KirkPR1

KirkPR1

Action figure anonymous member

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • Interests:EVERYTHING STAR TREK

Posted 07 June 2009 - 11:28 AM

I would buy all three they would make great addition.

#12 Mason

Mason

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 423 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek, Collecting Action Figures, Collecting DVD's

Posted 07 June 2009 - 05:14 PM

Hell yeah for both Borg Queen/Admiral Janeway and Purple 7 of 9/Captain Janeway!! smile.gif

#13 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 05:58 PM

That would be awesome.

Problem with the suggestion of AGT Crusher torso with Troi legs would be that they don't match up at the waist, which is why I gather DST did not use the Troi legs on Ogawa, so I doubt they would switch those bodies up in the future.

I'd also love a regular Janeway/variant Seven 2-pack. Perhaps they will test Seven's sales with the Borg wave & if she does well, we may see some Voyager 2-packs with her as the anchor. Blue Seven/Janeway, brown Seven/EMH, red Seven/Kes etc.

If she is really popular they may be able to base a wave around her since the rest of the crew would be cheap as chips to produce....but I just don't think DST have enough faith to bother.

We'll have to see how Seven performs. *fingers crossed*

#14 Dr. Crusher

Dr. Crusher

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 06:00 PM

I kind of wonder if the Borg series 1 7 of 9 figures aren't DST's way of testing the waters for Voyager. If those sell well, it might give us a better chance of seeing more Voyager figures. Not holding my breath, though...

#15 Mason

Mason

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 423 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek, Collecting Action Figures, Collecting DVD's

Posted 08 June 2009 - 01:39 AM

QUOTE (Artistix @ Jun 8 2009, 09:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd also love a regular Janeway/variant Seven 2-pack. Perhaps they will test Seven's sales with the Borg wave & if she does well, we may see some Voyager 2-packs with her as the anchor. Blue Seven/Janeway, brown Seven/EMH, red Seven/Kes etc.

If she is really popular they may be able to base a wave around her since the rest of the crew would be cheap as chips to produce....but I just don't think DST have enough faith to bother.

We'll have to see how Seven performs. *fingers crossed*

I like the way you think Sam!! smile.gif Bring on the Voyager crew!!

#16 Matty-lad

Matty-lad

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 02:23 AM

Hey all,

Well I've had a quick look this morning and Seven of Nine appeared in 8 different uniforms so it is definitely possible to make her the anchor in all the 2 packs.

And just for reference, they were Silver, Brown (like the silver version,) new Brown (with lover neck line,) Blue (2 different blues,) solid Blue, Burgundy, Red and Starfleet from the episode Relativity.

Take care,
Matty-lad

#17 New Frontier

New Frontier

I know FHC by name.

• Suspended
  • 585 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek: The Original Series <br />Graphic Design <br />Star Trek 2009 <br />Model Making <br /><br />

Posted 08 June 2009 - 03:08 AM

id actually love a borg queen figure so if i had to get a janeway figure with it too id be ok with that.

#18 Iron-Cow

Iron-Cow

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 03:52 AM

QUOTE (Artistix @ Jun 7 2009, 07:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Problem with the suggestion of AGT Crusher torso with Troi legs would be that they don't match up at the waist, which is why I gather DST did not use the Troi legs on Ogawa, so I doubt they would switch those bodies up in the future.

I was thinking about this last night... The only Troi I have is the Nemesis edition. To me, it's essentially the exact same figure as the Ezri Dax, only with a new torso (and head, obviously).

Are the TNG Troi figures using different legs? For some reason I was assuming it was the same lower half on all her figures.

#19 Andy

Andy

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 04:55 AM

QUOTE (Iron-Cow @ Jun 8 2009, 05:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was thinking about this last night... The only Troi I have is the Nemesis edition. To me, it's essentially the exact same figure as the Ezri Dax, only with a new torso (and head, obviously).

Are the TNG Troi figures using different legs? For some reason I was assuming it was the same lower half on all her figures.

I think Ezri got an all new torso while using the Troi legs. If you look at the Nemesis Troi and the Ezri figure, you'll see it has a much larger bust. When I made my custom Kira figure I used AGT Crusher and Troi - the AGT torso is too big to fit exactly on the Troi legs. I just matched the front up and trimmed the back so it fit.

#20 J C R

J C R

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 05:39 AM

Maybe this is naive...but I would hope Captain Janeway would do well on her own. She was the lead of her own series. I would think she could carry a wave. Chakotay, B'Elanna and Tuvok all seem to be popular as well. At some point even TOS fans have to be getting tired of Kirks.... No? Just wishful thinking?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users