• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16 replies to this topic

#1 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 05:16 PM

Playmates toys has agreed to do a Q&A with the forum here. So, please post your questions and I will see if I can get them answered. PLEASE keep the questions short and to the point. I have agreed to send a limited number of questions at a shot so please ask one or two and let others ask as well.

Alright, who's first?

#2 Commodore Kor'Tar

Commodore Kor'Tar

The Great Tribble Hunter

• Members
  • 2,415 posts
  • Interests:Playmates figures and ships (90s era), Art Asylum and DST figures and ships , Galoob figures and micro machines .

Posted 03 June 2009 - 05:23 PM

Can we expect to see an Electronic U.S.S. Kelvin starship in the near future to go along with the Enterprise and the forthcoming Jellyfish?

#3 Matty-lad

Matty-lad

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 05:37 PM

Without giving us too much information (which I know is not possible) are the sales on the action figures (especially the 3 3/4 ones) as expected and how frequently will we see new waves if sales are good?

Thanks,
Matty-lad

#4 jr1701

jr1701

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 06:05 PM

Does the license allow you to move into any other areas of Trek (TOS Movies, etc., something akin to expanded universe in Star Wars) that don't overlap with DST?

Is there any possibility of 33/4 scale shuttles being produced?

Thanks!

#5 Hermey the Elf

Hermey the Elf

Lives in the city on the edge of forever

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 06:30 PM

What retailer will sell the 12" Nero and when?

Will there be more role-play items, such as the Kelvin's communicator, phaser, etc.?

How about doing a re-sculpt of Kirk for all future figz? The Kirk likeness was awful on all of the figz!

#6 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 06:33 PM

Can we expect to see more 3 3/4" playsets after the bridge and transporter?

Is it possible that we could see any 3 3/4" figures from the prequel comics?

Thank you for your time.

#7 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 03 June 2009 - 06:36 PM

Ive seen preliminary lineups for the 3 3/4" line. Are there any figures being considered for a 6" wave 2? If so whos on the shortlist? Please say Uhura in Uniform!!

#8 Crayfish

Crayfish

Toys before the light bill.

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Star trek, Sci-Fi, 3 3/4" figures, Star Wars and Old West costuming

Posted 03 June 2009 - 06:42 PM

How many more waves of the 3 3/4 inch can we expect this year? Can we have a little sneak peek pre-SDCC?

#9 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 07:32 PM

Is there any interest by Playmates in acquiring the license to produce TOS figures and playsets? Would Playmates reissue some items like a set of the TOS 3 3/4 figures that previously came in a bridge like diorama, on single cards sort of like you have reissued the old TMNT figures as a Anniversary edition? And finally make the much wanted Playmates TOS bridge playset that so many of us have drooled over pictures of?

#10 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
  • Interests:"Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?"

Posted 03 June 2009 - 07:52 PM

Thanks for making this happen FHC, now for my question. I think alot of what I was planning to ask has been asked already so I will ask this instead:

1) Would it be possible to take some of the old Playmates ships out of mothballs and update those old sculpts with LEDs and updated paint apps instead of stickers? ( I'm dying to get my hands on the DS9 Station and a Romulan Warbird!)

2) Those World of Springfield Playsets that were done for The Simpsons line a few years back were terrific, any chances something similar could be done with Star Trek Worlds? ( These would be interesting if something like the scene from "Amok Time" could be represented with a Kirk and Spock packed in on a Vulcan base, or The Gaurdian of Forever, or Kirk and Spock meeting the Horta in the "Devil in the Dark". I could go on and on, but these are just a few suggestions of what I'd love to see.)

Thank You for this oportunity to have our questions answered. I hope Playmates Toys will be well represented at SDCC!

#11 NickyTea

NickyTea

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 08:03 PM

What can we expect for the future of the 3 3/4" line of figures? Something as expansive as the Hasbro Star Wars lines in this scale?

#12 Smells like Vulcans N Here

Smells like Vulcans N Here

Toys before the light bill.

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 08:56 PM

Is it true that there will be a redesign on the 3 3/4 Kirk figure and if not, will the current Kirk figure be shipping in future waves?
Kirk and young Spock seem to be selling out most places, will we be able to find them again in their original uniforms?

Also, are their plans to continue the 6 inch line, if so, what (and when) can we expect in wave 2?

Thank you!

#13 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 08:59 PM

This is aimed at no one. Please make sure to read the questions above and not ask the same basic question. Not to be rude to anyone but there is really little point in it.

Thanks.

#14 New Frontier

New Frontier

I know FHC by name.

• Suspended
  • 585 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek: The Original Series <br />Graphic Design <br />Star Trek 2009 <br />Model Making <br /><br />

Posted 04 June 2009 - 02:44 PM

Is Star Trek for you going to be like Star Wars is for Hasbro in terms of the vast array of toy's and play-sets, ships and role-play? (if sales hold steady)

#15 KirkPR1

KirkPR1

Action figure anonymous member

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • Interests:EVERYTHING STAR TREK

Posted 04 June 2009 - 03:25 PM

Any possiblity that we could see any 3

#16 Pike

Pike

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 08:43 PM

Thanks FHC

1-Will we see the CREW (capt robeau, george kirk, etc) of the USS KELVIN figures along with a USS KELVIN SHUTTLE?

2-Any possible chance PLAYMATES can design a component starship that can be re-assembled in different configurations similar to or like the SOUTH BEND TMP ENTERPRISE? It would allow you to make a variety of ships using one base model to start with. Different accessories could be added for different ships later down the line. Ships have always been a great seller.

http://www.calormen....hBend/index.htm

3-Will the PLAYMATES ENTERPRISE be fixed? Practically every toy I checked out was warped with the saucer warping upwards and the misalignment is readily visible. The toy is great, but this is a QC problem and it should really be checked out.

4-Will the USS KELVIN be made?

5-Will any other federation starships be made that were in the film?

Thanks for making the STAR TREK toys.

#17 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 09:27 PM

As I agreed to limit the number of questions, I will close this now and submit them for answering.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users