Photo

First two seasons of TNG...is there interest?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 weyoun_9

weyoun_9

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 433 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 10:20 AM

So, being new I have to ask if there is anyone else besides me who would like to see a complete TNG seasons 1/2 collection? I realize that it's as likely as getting a DS9 feature film, but I like to think about it. I usually imagine the list below. What other thoughts do people have? I like to have faith in the power of positive thinking.:

Wave One (Encounter at Farpoint):
Picard
Data
Yar
Troi (skirt)
Judge Q

Wave Two:
Riker (with S2 variant)
LaForge (with S2 variant)
Crusher
Worf (with s2 variant)
Bun Troi

Two Pack: Traveler/Wesley

Wave Three:
Pulaski
Guinan
Wesley (grey uniform)
Antedian (or other new alien for balance...a Pakled, Romulan or Holodeck alien would also work)

#2 Kassle

Kassle

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 11:28 AM

QUOTE (weyoun_9 @ May 29 2009, 09:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So, being new I have to ask if there is anyone else besides me who would like to see a complete TNG seasons 1/2 collection? I realize that it's as likely as getting a DS9 feature film, but I like to think about it. I usually imagine the list below. What other thoughts do people have? I like to have faith in the power of positive thinking.:

Wave One (Encounter at Farpoint):
Picard
Data
Yar
Troi (skirt)
Judge Q

Wave Two:
Riker (with S2 variant)
LaForge (with S2 variant)
Crusher
Worf (with s2 variant)
Bun Troi

Two Pack: Traveler/Wesley

Wave Three:
Pulaski
Guinan
Wesley (grey uniform)
Antedian (or other new alien for balance...a Pakled, Romulan or Holodeck alien would also work)

Complete interest from me! At the very least, I'd like to see Tasha Yar, and Katherine Pulaski seeing as they were series regulars.

If we only get Tasha, I will not complain. She, Picard w/ Chair & Riker w/ Chair would make a very nice mini display.

#3 s8film40

s8film40

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 862 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 11:30 AM

That's a really great line up. Judge Q was one of my favorites from the Playmates Line and I've always wanted the Troi (Skirt) and Wesley (Grey Uniform). While I don't expect it to happen I think it is far more likely than a DS9 film, there would be very little work for DST to do this. I think DST is really missing out on a lot of money they could be making. I think the saying "If you build it they will come" applies. The demand for Star Trek DST items has been declining due to a lack of products and this would be a great way for them to jump start interest in the line without a large cost.

#4 Hirogen

Hirogen

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 12:57 PM

I would pick up a Guinan, Yar, and Judge Q for my display. So, yes, I have some interest. smile.gif

#5 Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 01:37 PM

I'd love to get the rest of the season 1/2 versions, especially after the tease of Command Chair Picard and Riker.

#6 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 03:38 PM

I like to refer to them as "First Appearance" versions rather then S1/S2...

Any way, yes!

Absolutely!

For me, I'd probably limit it to two waves ea with there 1st appearance look.

Wave One:
Data
Yar
Troi (skirt)
Guinan

Wave Two:
LaForge
Crusher
Worf
Pulaski

#7 KirkPR1

KirkPR1

Action figure anonymous member

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • Interests:EVERYTHING STAR TREK

Posted 29 May 2009 - 03:47 PM

I would love Guinan, Judge Q and Wesley (grey uniform)

#8 Commodore Kor'Tar

Commodore Kor'Tar

The Great Tribble Hunter

• Members
  • 2,415 posts
  • Interests:Playmates figures and ships (90s era), Art Asylum and DST figures and ships , Galoob figures and micro machines .

Posted 29 May 2009 - 04:11 PM

The DST line up dreams are made of! biggrin.gif

Give me a redshirted Worf with a Kor baldric, and correct forehead/hair without having to do a custom and I'll be happy smile.gif

#9 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 06:59 PM

Strange, just yesterday I sent a message off to the Ask DST regarding early season TNG assortments.
I like Gothneo's 'First Appearances' description.

Chuck did state there is no interest in TNG at the moment. I gather that is to do with the sales of Series 4 & 5. But really, those wouldn't be good waves to judge by since they did not include any of TNG's major players (Picard, Worf & imaginably Data).

Splitting up the 3 big names should allow a couple of sets surely, in that TOS wave 5 way.

Series 1
Picard
Worf
Who pay for
Tasha
Troi

Series 2
Data
Geordi
Who pay for
Wesley
Beverly

Series 3
Series 2 Riker
Series 2 Worf
Who pay for
Pulaski
Guinan

#10 Wildcard

Wildcard

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 09:16 PM

Yes there is interest, but honestly I'd be happy with just Yar, Pulaski, Troi (skirt), Judge Q, and Guinan. I would'nt mind bun Troi and grey Wesley, but the rest I could take or leave.

#11 Quadrotritacale

Quadrotritacale

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 09:31 PM

I'm pleasantly surprised by the amount of interest. I've seen a lot of Star Trek fans online say they can't stand the season 1 and 2 uniforms, so I assumed this negativity toward the uniforms spread to collectors as well and would cause interest in figures with such uniforms to be minimal. I think I'm in the minority as someone who actually likes the season 1 and 2 uniforms better than those used in later seasons, but it's nice to see that a lot of people (if they don't actually like them) at least don't mind those uniforms enough to want figures of the whole crew in them.

#12 Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 09:54 PM

I actually prefer the latter uniforms over the former, as I have a problem with really seeing any of the characters as an authority figure when wearing the skin-tight style. However, in figure form they look far more decent than they did on the screen, which allows you to appreciate the interesting differences between the two styles. Plus, I really would like to get Yar, Pulaski and Geordi & Worf in red uniforms, and am quite a completist when it comes to crews.

#13 Whirlygig

Whirlygig

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 10:34 PM

I'd love to see more TNG figures of any type whatsoever, and I would buy all of the OP's suggestions. However, I must say, I'd rather get a Voyager crew before completing TNG S1/S2. The only ones I might put at a higher priority than Voyager would be Yar, Pulaski, and Guinan.

#14 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 04:11 AM

I love Troi's 1st appearance look. I'm really not such a fan of her in the casual jumpsuit, and I really hate the jumpsuit w/ bun!

When they finally put her in a regular uniform (ala S7) I thought it made her look good and 'smart'.

#15 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 04:14 AM

I never really cared for the Jumpsuit look either, but a Troi miniskirt would be nice.

#16 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 04:52 AM

Mini-skirts do make the world a better place!

#17 J C R

J C R

Newforce is my home page.

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 07:32 AM

Great Ideas! I would buy them but I'd be happy with Tasha, Kate, and Guinan. If they make any more Troi's I would like S3 Teal dress. I have very little interest in a S1 Troi.

#18 J C R

J C R

Newforce is my home page.

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 07:33 AM

Oh...and I'd also love Lwaxana.

#19 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 11:15 AM

Tasha and Guinan, and maybe Pulaski are the only ones I'm interested in.

#20 Barney

Barney

Lives in the city on the edge of forever

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 06:43 PM

If DST decides to release those action figures I`d be more than happy to buy them all, but no TNG series would be complete without Lwaxana. Perhaps a Lwaxana and Daimon bog two-pack?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users