What would you like to see in Star Trek 3? (13)

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_1701_*

Guest_1701_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 August 2013 - 02:50 PM

I love that idea of the timeline being restored... Maybe we'll get that Picard vs Kirk movie that Braga thought of for Generations! Admiral Picard comes through a black hole looking for an agent (John Harrison) of his time's Section 31 he sent in an attempt to find Spock Prime and restore the original timeline saving Romulus...

#22 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 04:03 PM

Just merge the two universes... like the DC comics "Crisis on infinite earths" Kill off new Kirk and replace him with old kirk, then kill off new Uhura, Checkov and Sulu too... use old Uhura, Checkov and Sulu... and keep new Scotty, McCoy, and Spock. 

Then half the crew is old and 1/2 is new/young. yeah... that'll work ;-)

#23 Guest_1701_*

Guest_1701_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 August 2013 - 04:10 PM

The final scene of the third movie, whatever they do has to be of Porthos appearing in Admiral Archer's room.

The final sentence of the titles is... Star Trek will return on Syndicated TV and Netflix with Star Trek: Enterprise: The Romulan Wars

#24 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 06:34 PM

Then its just Star "Wars" and not a "Trek".

If the formula, whatever it is, sells, then it'll thrive. If not, they go back to the drawing board.

#25 Guest_1701_*

Guest_1701_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 August 2013 - 08:29 PM

Then its just Star "Wars" and not a "Trek".

How does it make it Star Wars?

If anything putting "Star Trek Will Be Back" is more James Bond than Star Wars...

By that logic putting "Wars" in any title automatically makes it Star Wars, even when the Romulan War was mentioned before Star Wars was even a title on a page...

#26 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 04:02 AM

I don't get your Bond reference...

Anyway, if your central theme is about conflict and war instead of exploring, then its a "wars" thing. I don't mean it's literately "Star Wars" the sci-fi fantasy with light sabers and such.... which is why I quoted the single words "Wars" and "Trek" to try and point out that the name has some meaning. 

I don't call pancakes waffles or vice versa even though they are similar and both breakfast type foods.

For example, they called it Battlestar Galactica instead of say... The Explorer Galactica, for a reason, which is that its primarily a show about a war ship.

I'll add that I'm not saying you can't spin off a related new series... TV shows do it all the time. SGI, SGA, SGU... all those have the "Star Gate" prefix because they all have star gates in them.  But when they spin off shows like "Caprica" from BSG, they drop the BSG and just call it Caprica because it was a different show at its core.  I'm not saying your idea of Romulans Wars won't sell, I'm just suggesting to re-band it to make a distinction that this isn't you moms you're grandmothers or for that matter Roddenberrys Star Trek.

If anything, as you yourself have suggested in other arguments, the Star Trek name can work against it. Which is why sometimes and re-branding can help.

#27 Daysleeper

Daysleeper

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 537 posts
  • Interests:Music, acting, theatre, film, arts in General

Check out my band: www.facebook.com/eastportslackers

Posted 01 September 2013 - 05:34 AM

I believe the Bond reference is because at the end of every movie it says "James Bond will return in..."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users