Star Trek Into Darkness - Teaser

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#21 Commodore Kor'Tar

Commodore Kor'Tar

The Great Tribble Hunter

• Members
  • 2,415 posts
  • Interests:Playmates figures and ships (90s era), Art Asylum and DST figures and ships , Galoob figures and micro machines .

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:26 AM

QUOTE (WORF22 @ Dec 6 2012, 01:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
this is not the Enterprise

After a few viewings of this, it looked to my eye almost like the NX class, but seeing this still image of it it looks more like the E-E.

#22 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:40 AM

QUOTE (Prometheus @ Dec 6 2012, 07:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Its funny that you said that.... My friends and I were saying wouldnt it be funny if the whole "between the glass" scene with Kirk and Spock actually has Kirk being the one making the sacrafice this time.

that would certainly be a turnabout.

#23 Guest_1701_*

Guest_1701_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:17 AM

Well tbh Chris Pine is now Jack Ryan and that could mean he's switching franchises but I hope they don't kill off Kirk (again!). I honestly would like it if no one actually died since I think one of the nicest things about Trek was that no matter what the odds are, the crew at the end of each episode would have a cheeky joke at the end of the episode as they warp off to their next mission... I know this is Hollywood and that if there is to be a 3rd movie it's probably going to be the final movie we see Kirk and Co in but I dunno, would be nice but I have a feeling either Kirk or Spock bites the dust but IMO it would be like killing Batman or Alfred before they'd finished making the Dark Knight and actually killing either would be too soon after being revived but who knows, certainly would be something shocking.

#24 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:02 AM

I was kind of hoping the new crew was in for the long haul... e.g... we could expect movies for the next 30 years with this cast!

#25 Guest_1701_*

Guest_1701_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:06 AM

I just don't think thats how Hollywood works these days and I don't see the cast signing on for anymore after JJ Abrams has done his 3...

I could be wrong but I think we're looking at a trilogy here and then a return to TV which really is where Star Trek should be - a triumphant return of Science Fiction to the TV would be much welcomed and what better universe to launch that return than Star Trek.

I loved "Star Trek" and I'm sure I will love "Star Trek Into Darkness" and a third movie but I'd quite like to see Star Trek on TV again once the third movie finishes.

#26 Exelion

Exelion

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:52 PM

QUOTE (1701 @ Dec 7 2012, 01:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just don't think thats how Hollywood works these days and I don't see the cast signing on for anymore after JJ Abrams has done his 3...

Does JJ have to do three? He certainly doesn't have to direct as there was some speculation even up to September last year on whether or not JJ would direct or just produce the second film. I wouldn't put it past the cast to do more than three; if Darkness and the third film do well for Paramount I'm sure they would offer them enough money for the cast to seriously consider doing more films. Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart have both signed on to another X-Men film, why would Chris Pine or the rest of the cast be any different if the money is right?

Can anyone see Chekov in the teaser? Poor neglected Russian no matter what universe it is!

#27 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:06 PM

When I pulled up his IMDB page he wasn't even credited with STID.

Yeah... I get what your saying 1701. If it really has the appeal, I think they will sign them up for more past 3.

#28 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:13 AM

Apparently the scene with spock and the transparent glass is with the villain in the brig, so it looks like spock may pull through this time. Jury is still out on the identity of the villain. Maybe the dec 17th trailer will shed some more light on it.

#29 Guest_1701_*

Guest_1701_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:18 AM

Sooo the villain is called John Harrison... Alice Eve is Carol Marcus... I Khan-t be more excited biggrin.gif

#30 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:25 PM

Carol Marcus!

Ok, my interest is officially being piqued!

#31 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:15 PM

QUOTE (Gothneo @ Dec 11 2012, 02:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Carol Marcus!

Ok, my interest is officially being piqued!

You know, when i read your post, the first two words read in spocks voice from TWOK when they first watched the video about genesis and spock said with surprise in his voice"Carol Marcus". Hopefully this movie will be good. Would love another Nimoy appearance, even a brief one.

#32 Guest_1701_*

Guest_1701_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:36 PM

I gotta say out of the big movies next year (Pacific Rim, Iron Man 3, Star Trek Into Darkness and Man of Steel) so far going by the trailers for each, Star Trek Into Darkness looks the more interesting ten-fold.

#33 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:12 AM

Iron Man 3 is looking good!

#34 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:40 AM

QUOTE (Gothneo @ Dec 14 2012, 08:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Iron Man 3 is looking good!

I think it will be, cant wait for it to come out. I bet i could get some money out of the wrap gifts the Ironman 3 production company gave us, but i will probably keep them.

#35 admiralsands

admiralsands

Action figure anonymous member

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 08:24 AM

Another Teaser

Teaser

May not be up for long.

#36 Exelion

Exelion

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:39 PM

Trailer from The Hobbit screenings is now online here. A few new shots including a rather battered Enterprise, what is a bit more interesting is the appearance of cryo chambers which may be a clue to the villain.

#37 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:34 PM

http://www.comicbook...1/news/?a=71344

#38 Alex

Alex

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 926 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:47 AM

1701, the ship crashing/gliding into the water actually looks like a cross between the TOS 1701 and the 1701

#39 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:55 PM

#40 Prometheus

Prometheus

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:02 PM

QUOTE (FHC @ Dec 30 2012, 07:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOL.... Let's hope the film itself is more original !!! Thanks for sharing FHC !!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users