• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#21 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 03:39 AM

That's a good price for the ticket FHC. At least these days!

This was actually another reason why I decided to go to the Las Vegas Trek Con this year. It just has a little something extra with Quarks, The promenade etc for a trek convention.

Next year there won't really be a compelling reason to have the con at the Hilton, so I think it'll be an end to a era so to speak.

#22 Wildcard

Wildcard

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 02:53 PM

QUOTE(FHC @ Jul 10 2008, 10:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
310 for the flight
35 a night for an off the strip room

I'm going out on the 28th

YEAH FOR ME!!

Can I stay with you?! rolleyes.gif

#23 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 05:56 PM

Sure why not but my wife will be there so it might be a little crowded !! smile.gif

#24 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 07:32 AM

I'm Actually quite Excited about seeing the "Exp" one last time!

I might ask if I can purchase a menu or something as a memento...

Truly, I just loved the whole atmosphere of the place! It really feels like your immersed into and on the promenade of DS9!

Any time I went to Vegas, I made sure to stop in and at least have a drink at the bar.

But I can see why the Hilton might think they can make more money on something else, but I won't have a good reason to go to the Hilton any more!

#25 UFP-1701

UFP-1701

Once upon a time...

• Members
  • 665 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 02:14 PM

I decided to join Mark on this big adventure. I'm going to see if any props get tossed into the dumpter by accident....Or otherwise...wink.gif

#26 Wildcard

Wildcard

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 01:12 PM

^laugh.gif Trek dumpster diving! LURV IT!

#27 Hirogen

Hirogen

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 01:23 PM

I am taking the family out to Vegas at the end of August and our first stop is the Trek Experience...I can't wait.

#28 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 13 August 2008 - 12:31 AM

According to THIS ARTICLE at trekmovie.com, CBS is still looking for a place the Experience. I am disappointed that I won't get to see the Vegas edition, but maybe I'll get to go to its next incarnation.

#29 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 04:36 AM

Paramount owns the Kings Island Amusement Park

http://www.pki.com/

in Ohio. It seems to me that would be the place to put it. Well at least they did at one time I know. Heck who knows maybe they sold it!! LOL Don't ask me to keep up.

#30 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 13 August 2008 - 12:12 PM

All the old Paramount parks are now owned by the company that owns Cedar Point. In under a company called Cedar Fair that has just a ton of places throughout the US. I could see the Borg "ride" showing up at one of the other parks possibly being modified a bit to be a little more sit down and not so much walking. I dont think the klingon ride is going to find a home without so major revision including a whole new motion simulator movie.

#31 Hirogen

Hirogen

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 05:06 PM

So, did anyone make it to Vegas this weekend? We visited the Experience on Saturday...what fun! The Klingon ride seems really dated to me, but the Borg invasion was awesome. Very creepy...I liked the audience interaction. Wish it was more of a ride though. I thought it was kick a** when a certain ship started blowing the hell out of the ship you were in! Totally took me by surprise. I took a bunch of pics of the displays and the ships that were hanging from the ceiling. I was disappointed that the Voyager was in an awkward place...I couldn't get a nice classic of it, just the ENT-D. I really hope this doesn't die and it's true regarding this moving somewhere else.

What a fun time....really made me miss Trek.

#32 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 11:40 PM

I definitely think there is a good chance this will move somewhere else. If the new movie is a hit, they will probably create a ride based on it, possibly replacing the Klingon one. I think it could really breathe new life into it if they updated it and moved it to a fresh locale.

#33 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 06:46 AM

Well, fun as it is, as others have noted, it is dated. Plus the technology to create a better "Experience" is out there, so I'd love to see an all new "Experience"!

The one thing that I loved about the whole thing was the recreation of the DS9 promenade and Quarks. The Vegas location was great for a night club bar feel, so wherever they re-locate it I would hope they can re-create that more "Adult" atmosphere as well as the fun for the kiddies!

#34 A Chimpanzee & 2 Trainees

A Chimpanzee & 2 Trainees

• Members
  • 710 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 03:39 PM

Could ST:Exp be rising from the ashes?

http://geeksofdoom.c...downtown-vegas/

#35 sallah

sallah

Herbert.

• Members
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 04:30 PM

Man I hope it comes back...I plan on doing the Vegas show next year so it would be great to be able to go there while I'm at it...

Sallah

#36 knightone

knightone

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 11:50 PM

I wonder if STTE will be reopened in its previous incarnation or if it will now be based upon the new movie.

#37 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 01:23 AM

They are reopening it on Fremont Street in LV....I read an article saying that they are putting it in down there, and that they have closed a deal with CBS to revamp and completely redo it.

http://www.lvrj.com/...s/31119589.html

#38 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 01:27 AM

QUOTE (FHC @ Aug 13 2008, 03:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Paramount owns the Kings Island Amusement Park

http://www.pki.com/

in Ohio. It seems to me that would be the place to put it. Well at least they did at one time I know. Heck who knows maybe they sold it!! LOL Don't ask me to keep up.

Paramoint used to own a buch of theme parks, one of them was ou here in the San Francisco Bay area called "Great America"....hey were just bought out like a year and a half ago, but they had a huge Enterprise-A like right near the front of the park. Everytime I went I hopped the fence and got a pick with her.

#39 knightone

knightone

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 01:55 AM

I know they are changing locations, my question is will it be the same thing based on DS9 and TNG or will it completely change based on the Abrams movie?

#40 sallah

sallah

Herbert.

• Members
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 03:47 AM

I for one am hoping for a more TOS influence than anything else...

Sallah

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users