25 replies to this topic

#21 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 11:11 AM

QUOTE (Totalus_Kat @ May 23 2010, 03:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Edit: There was something originally funny here, but I object to being censored so I removed it, all for saying a single word that was harmless and part of my cultural language, as said in the IM I also got, it was nothing but an innocent gesture and the majority of us are adults and I've said that same saying on many other forums and I have never been censored for it period.

It had no malicious intent but I understand the reasonings for removing said word and completely pathetic to have done so.

regs,
TK

If the mods would spend some time updating the Feedback list and AA checklist instead of worrying people over an inoocent word or gesture, maybe they would actually be doing some good around here.

#22 Totalus_Kat

Totalus_Kat

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 12:42 PM

I know this is going to be again completely off topic... but do I care... no not really, the only person I feel sorry for right this moment is FHC because it ruins what he has made for us all to chill out and have some fun together. But anyway to my point if anyone wants to know what word I said rhymes with fits and usually goes in front of "for S---- and giggles," thats why my post was edited because it was found to be inappropiate.

Which I still honestly think is pathetic, I'm not naming the MOD who did it because thats not fair... but really? Come on who finds it offensive? It wasn't aimed at anyone, it had no malicious intent and was merely to lighten the humour of the topic a little from the social norms.

Oh and can I add that particular word was also in Star Trek Generations as spoken by Data aka Brent Spiner just as the E-D was heading planetside, so it can't be all of that bad? But hey I've heard a great deal worse words, and all the censorship has done has push me further away from this forum, cos I am fedup of all the whining about not getting this product, or when will DST release this product or such and such and so so... so a forum I used to love coming too visit and talk with like minded people has detoriated into something I don't like, so is it worth sticking around for... no idea.

regs,
TK

#23 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 24 May 2010 - 04:19 PM

I edited the post for profanity. Profanity is against the forum rules and makes the forum family friendly. Anymore discussion about this can be made via PM to keep the thread on topic.

#24 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 04:41 PM

QUOTE (slayerone76 @ May 24 2010, 06:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I edited the post for profanity. Profanity is against the forum rules and makes the forum family friendly. Anymore discussion about this can be made via PM to keep the thread on topic.

Close it down. If you were a police officer, you would be the one that writes little old ladies speeding tickets for going 2 miles an hour over the speed limit, just because "its against the rules", and leave all of the hard work to other people like real crime, and in your case, fixing the feedback and AA checklists that havent been touched in ages. Come on and earn your title.

#25 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 04:59 PM

VulcanFanatic!!! blink.gif

Put those claws away. laugh.gif

And seriously Jules, we've known VF's opinion on women for several years. If you're going to argue with anyone here on that matter...make sure it is not him.

#26 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 05:44 PM

OK I think that this had gone far enough. I think that it's clear that the moderation staff helps me because I work a great deal of hours and I think that they do a very good job. Both of these guys have remained while many others have come and gone and I think that it shows, that like me, they care about the forum, its members, and have an interest in keeping TrekToy a good place to come. I strive to maintain a forum that you would let your kids read. However it's clear on what to do if a moderator does something that you believe is over the top and or wrong. You contact me; you don't go running a thread off course or start a thread to complain. That is a disservice to your fellow forums members that want to read about a certain subject and not rhetoric. You also DO NOT attack one of the staff. You bring that to me. If you think that one of the staff has attacked you, you bring that to me. I have fired staff for being rude to members and I will not let the water run the other way either. I can not always reach a computer at work, but I have my Blackberry and will try to get back ASAP, and a phone call is not out of the question, if you feel strongly enough about what is on your mind. All emails from this forum to right to my work email and I will get it fast.

To be honest, I have tried hard to stay away from making so many rules that other forums have so that members did not feel constrained here. Yes I make no bones that I want this forum to be family friendly. I would like to know, that if someday, my little girl would like to read the forum, to see what it is it that Daddy likes so much, I won

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users