#21 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 09:49 AM

QUOTE (s8film40 @ Jan 8 2009, 07:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Entertainment Earth has them.

Yeah but How does NFC get the EE Exclusives, or the ToyRocket ones? They order a bunch from the retailer, so maybe EE ordered a bunch from TRU.

#22 sallah

sallah

Herbert.

• Members
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 10:20 AM

I'm pretty sure they usually get each other's exclsuives through trade. Rick gives say 3 cases of his exclusive in exchange for 3 cases of Toy Rockets or EE's.

I doubt EE would have them up for pre-order at that price if they are just buying them from TRU. If they aren't available to all retailers, maybe EE got a side deal from Diamond select to carry it as a shared exclusive?

Sallah

#23 s8film40

s8film40

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 862 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 10:24 AM

Also, I don't know that they could really sell these as exclusives. The only thing different is the packaging. It would be a bit of a stretch to call them exclusives, since countless retailers sold the original ones.

#24 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 11:54 AM

No not really it would not be hard at all. Happens a lot

#25 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 12:19 PM

QUOTE (FHC @ Jan 8 2009, 09:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No not really it would not be hard at all. Happens a lot

I thought that DST in the newsletter said that the TRU exclusives were TWOK Kirk, Spock and Kirk. I was going to quote it but I seemed to have deleted it out of my E-mail.

#26 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 12:33 PM

Well either way they do not have the exclusive sticker on them so it doesnt realy matter.

#27 Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 12:43 PM

Personally, I wonder if there is one more exclusive figure left to be revealed? If I recall right, the news about the DST/TRU merger mentioned "two exclusive figures" for Star Trek, but two Kirks and a Spock make three. Unless, of course, they actually mean Khaaan Kirk and the exclusive Kirk in the TMP pack variation.

#28 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 01:06 PM

QUOTE (Jedigreedo @ Jan 8 2009, 12:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Personally, I wonder if there is one more exclusive figure left to be revealed? If I recall right, the news about the DST/TRU merger mentioned "two exclusive figures" for Star Trek, but two Kirks and a Spock make three. Unless, of course, they actually mean Khaaan Kirk and the exclusive Kirk in the TMP pack variation.

I think that is what they meant. That is how I will look at it untill we get word otherwise. What it all boils down to is that we are getting more Star Trek merchandise in a brick and mortar store and that is never a bad thing exclusive or not.

#29 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 05:56 PM

I found Star Trek figures at my local TRU today! they had 1 "Khan" Kirk, two TOS Kirks, 3 TOS Spocks, one TMP 2 pack, two "Amok time" 2 packs. Also had TOS phasers, but no Ships.

#30 Sgt. Stinky

Sgt. Stinky

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 347 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek, Indiana Jones, Friends and especially Family

Posted 13 January 2009 - 02:51 PM

DST Q&A #20 now up today and two answers from DST Chuck peaked my curiosity and thought it would fit under this topic. One Chuck clearly says the figure wave focus for 2009 will be an entire TOS wave, along with two Borg waves and various two-packs, retro cloth, prop replicas and ships. One question asked if the original AA TOS waves were rereleased would they be rubber shirts or sculpted like the Amok Time two pack and Chuck said sculpted. This had my head spinning with what might be coming. He did not confirm a rerelease of the AA TOS but knowing that the Kirk and Spock are out there maybe that is what he means. However they have the rubber shirts, according to reports, not sculpted. Could it be he is referring to a TOS wave has something else such as another movie wave involving TOS characters ? I would think it is AA reissues to capitalize on the new movie, but how does the WNMHGB Sulu prototype they showed fit the picture. A new Locutus was also mentioned in the Q&A as well. Anyone else with any interpretation ? I think we are in for Trek overload in 2009 and I couldn't be happier. I have a feeling that sales have started to pick up slightly with the Toys R Us deal in place.

#31 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 03:05 PM

If they could have done some TOS at the start rather the Enterprise like they had to, they might have been at TRU all along.

#32 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 03:08 PM

QUOTE (FHC @ Jan 13 2009, 01:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If they could have done some TOS at the start rather the Enterprise like they had to, they might have been at TRU all along.

Enterrprise Was at TRU...up until the Away Team Series...because TRU had the Exclusive Carded Phlox =)

#33 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 03:17 PM

QUOTE (BadBunnyMike @ Jan 13 2009, 03:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Enterrprise Was at TRU...up until the Away Team Series...because TRU had the Exclusive Carded Phlox =)

I dont understand what that has to do with anything that FHC just said.

Like FHC I do agree that if AA would have started it TOS instead of Enterprise We probably would have had Trek on the shelves all along. Or At Least longer than it was.

#34 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 03:24 PM

Even if they would have started with TOS, Once Enterprise hit shelves it might have done the same thing, and TRU would have dropped the line anyway. I think that Star Trek needed the break from the major retailers, and I think it is going to jump start here in 09 again.

#35 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 04:06 PM

Actually i agree that TOS would have been better to begin with and i think we would indeed still have Star Trek figures in the store. I think the TOS possibly would have garnered interest in the Enterprise stuff, but if not, the Enterprise stuff would have just been discontinued, not sank the whole idea of B&M stores carrying Trek stuff. Target carried Enterprise stuff at first too, along with KB Toys, but they almost had to give the stuff away to get rid of it. TOS stuff would have flown off of the shelves IMO.

#36 DavAnthony

DavAnthony

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 04:11 PM

I think the fact that Toys R Us is interested in the line shows that they saw sales reports from DST and felt that they may be able to mine the opportunity for sales here. You'll notice that they aren't jumping on waves of TNG (and DST reports were that TNG didn't do that well) Toys R Us is jumping on Classic Trek because DST often reported how good sales were for that era. I think this is overall good news and I'm excited to see what we get.

#37 Thomas E. Johnson

Thomas E. Johnson

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 495 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 10:12 PM

I picked up a new Kirk and Spock reissue today. The legs on the Kirk figure have a wider stance than on the original release of the figure, similar to his stance in the "Amok Time" set figure. spock2.gif

#38 New Frontier

New Frontier

I know FHC by name.

• Suspended
  • 585 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek: The Original Series <br />Graphic Design <br />Star Trek 2009 <br />Model Making <br /><br />

Posted 14 January 2009 - 02:27 AM

Guy's Toys R US are jumping on Star Trek and Original Series Star Trek because of one thing - JJ Abrams.

If the new movie flops, Star Trek will be out of Toys R Us once again.

As for the new wave, I would assume that it will be a series of new characters or at least Kirk in a new costume (Romulan Kirk?)

#39 LocutusOfTuborg

LocutusOfTuborg

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 468 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 02:36 AM

QUOTE (Thomas E. Johnson @ Jan 14 2009, 05:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I picked up a new Kirk and Spock reissue today. The legs on the Kirk figure have a wider stance than on the original release of the figure, similar to his stance in the "Amok Time" set figure. spock2.gif

Thomas E...,
could you discribe, what exactly the accessories are (esp. how many and what kind of hands the figures come with )and take some pix of the figures and accessories?

Greetings
LoT

#40 Dilithium1

Dilithium1

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 07:11 AM

QUOTE (Thomas E. Johnson @ Jan 13 2009, 11:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Also, could you tell us if the shirts are 'rubber' or sculpted plastic? Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users