• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#41 Tiberius

Tiberius

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:04 PM

Are you sure it isn't just the same seller, trying over again to sell them? Look at Corndog, he must think his figures are the cat's arse, yet he keeps "selling" his for horrendous amounts.

#42 Lord Mudd

Lord Mudd

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 132 posts
  • Interests:Collecting 1/18 scale action figures: Star Trek, sci fi, and superheroes- Warhammer.

Posted 13 October 2012 - 09:19 AM

QUOTE (Tiberius @ Oct 11 2012, 12:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are you sure it isn't just the same seller, trying over again to sell them? Look at Corndog, he must think his figures are the cat's arse, yet he keeps "selling" his for horrendous amounts.

Counterpoint: Can you as a collector afford to gamble your money that they are? Can any of us on here afford that gamble? Myself personally, if I had the money, I would get them and make copies. I would not market them as originals. I will say that my knowledge and skill is in the molding and casting, not in card art reproduction, so my card art would suck anyway. I want the characters and I want as many different characters as I can get, so repros are fine for me and I don't need the card art anyway because I depackage my figures, so why waste extra money on AFA carded when loose is cheaper and works just as well. Also, putting it on a card increases the postage needed to send it. Just seems to me that doing mass repros for less and selling them as such would net more money in the long run.

Also, if they are the real deal and nobody will buy them, he is trapped. He has to keep listing them until they sell or pay a fee to pull them down. A repro would not be worth paying the fee.

CCC.

#43 Quark

Quark

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:36 AM

This is the first time Im looking closely at Galoob figures. You guys know who that Romulan is on the card, right?

#44 Wildcard

Wildcard

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:06 AM

It looks like Marc Alaimo, aka Gul Dukat.

#45 Quark

Quark

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:35 PM

QUOTE (Wildcard @ Nov 28 2012, 10:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It looks like Marc Alaimo, aka Gul Dukat.

You are correct, sir.

#46 Morgan

Morgan

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 10:18 PM

Spotted a Wesley figure for sale, first time I've seen one of these: http://www.ebay.com/...D-/262160544704

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users