Custom made TOS 12 inches Action Figures

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Nanjin

Nanjin

Toys before the light bill.

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:1/6 scale action figures. I am making my own 1/6 Star Trek figures.

Posted 14 July 2009 - 01:26 AM

There still a long way the final version!

#2 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 02:40 AM

Those are some of the best looking TOS figures i have ever seen! Did you make those?

#3 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 14 July 2009 - 04:53 AM

very nicely done!

#4 thecapn

thecapn

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 307 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 05:24 AM

Yup, he sure did. I've been working on him on this, mostly with getting the props right. He's got a phaser with magnetic removable P1, tricorder, opening communicator, and medkit in the works as well. He's making Kirk, Spock, and McCoy for now...I personally can't wait to get a hold of a set of these!

#5 neoworx

neoworx

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 08:02 AM

Oooo. Looks promising.

#6 roll my blues

roll my blues

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 03:30 PM

Truly great! Something to be proud of on the shelf.

#7 startrekfiero

startrekfiero

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 248 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 07:33 AM

Those are killer!!

#8 Nanjin

Nanjin

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 06:55 PM

This TOS series still not finish but it is coming about.

#9 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 07:33 AM

That is some of the best work I have ever seen. Have you given any thought to selling heads or doing custom commissions?

#10 Nanjin

Nanjin

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 03:09 PM

QUOTE (JMW326 @ Sep 4 2009, 08:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That is some of the best work I have ever seen. Have you given any thought to selling heads or doing custom commissions?

Actually, I am making the TOS figures for other 1/6 (12") collectors. But I should have a few extra sets available. Right now I am still evaluating the prototypes so I don't have an exact price for them yet. When it is available, I will post it here. The cuttings on these uniforms are based on the Official TOS Uniform Pattern except two areas: I left out the shoulder zipper (look better without it and it is not neccessary) and I am using magnets to attached the phasers (both P1 and P2) and communicator instead of Velcro.

I just began working on TWOK series too and it is in initial prototyping. The head sculpts are done by a really good sculptor. The TWOK Star Fleet Uniform is EXTREMELY complicated but luckily, the gentlemen at Star Fleet Uniform Club are helping me to squeeze as much details into it as possible. (I am still trying to find out how does that front right panel looks like on Kirk's Vest). I might include the Away Team Jacket if it can be made in to 1/6 scale. I, myself, really want to include the Jacket. I will see if it is possible. Also others in Star Trek Blueprints are helping me on the Refit-Enterprise Captain's Chair. Here are some pix (this is just a rough draft):

#11 Nanjin

Nanjin

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 09:01 AM

After 17 months, they are here finally.

#12 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 09:47 AM

Truly amazing work. Those look incredible. That is the best Kirk I have ever seen.

#13 Commodore Kor'Tar

Commodore Kor'Tar

The Great Tribble Hunter

• Members
  • 2,415 posts
  • Interests:Playmates figures and ships (90s era), Art Asylum and DST figures and ships , Galoob figures and micro machines .

Posted 14 May 2010 - 09:55 AM

Wow, these are incredible!

#14 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 01:03 PM

Those are excellent looking figures, would be great to get those myself, let us know if they will be available for us as well!

#15 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 05:01 PM

Hey Nanjin,
Will you be making these to sell? What pricing did you have in Mind? I would be very interested in them.

#16 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 05:09 PM

QUOTE (JMW326 @ May 21 2010, 07:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey Nanjin,
Will you be making these to sell? What pricing did you have in Mind? I would be very interested in them.

I checked into it, he wants to sell sets of the three figures for $450 dollars. He wont break up a set. I wouldnt mind having a Spock, but i dont want the Kirk or McCoy bad enough to spend that kind of money. Maybe someone that wants a McCoy and Kirk would like to go in together and get a set? Supposedly he has them ready to sell.

#17 A Chimpanzee & 2 Trainees

A Chimpanzee & 2 Trainees

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 710 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 05:49 PM

QUOTE (VulcanFanatic @ May 21 2010, 07:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I checked into it, he wants to sell sets of the three figures for $450 dollars. He wont break up a set. I wouldnt mind having a Spock, but i dont want the Kirk or McCoy bad enough to spend that kind of money. Maybe someone that wants a McCoy and Kirk would like to go in together and get a set? Supposedly he has them ready to sell.

For $150 a piece what do you get? I assume it's a fully painted figure and not just a head, but is it clothed? accessories?

#18 thecapn

thecapn

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 307 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 07:04 PM

QUOTE (A Chimpanzee & 2 Trainees @ May 21 2010, 07:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For $150 a piece what do you get? I assume it's a fully painted figure and not just a head, but is it clothed? accessories?

Fully clothed figure, head painted, multiple hands, one set is bendy (so you can do the live long and prosper salute). Comes with phaser, communicator, tricorder. McCoy comes with a medkit that has his scanner and hypo.

Pics:

Pics

#19 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 08:15 PM

You know, that Spock looks awful nice, and i would get it if he would break a set up, but i was just thinking, i paid $150 for the Sideshow 1/4 scale premium figure a few years back and its a lot bigger, heavier, has a great headsculpt, uniform and a tricorder. Its more of a statue than an action figure though. I dont know what my point is exactly here but i think i would still spring for the Spock for $150, maybe even $200.

#20 sallah

sallah

Herbert.

• Members
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 04:23 PM

....just put up my spotlight on Nanjin's Kirk!

http://www.apieceoft...ht-captain.html

Awesome stuff...

James

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users