• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 25 December 2016 - 09:07 AM

Anyone get any cool collectibles this year? My girlfriend bought me a bunch of cool stuff.

Uhf7a0R.jpg

Finally got a master stars piece Banpresto figure, very impressed with it.

The QMx com badges in their new home.
29Svyx0.jpg

#2 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 25 December 2016 - 04:53 PM

Round 2 at my parents house.

47wZB1J.jpg

#3 Razorgeist

Razorgeist

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 12:53 AM

Unfortunetly no Star Trek loot this year (though not for lack of trying on my sister's part) I got a new TV and 2 new blu-rays "Suicide Squad and Mad max Fury Road black and Chrome edition"

#4 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 11:25 AM

The Mrs got me sideshow 1/6 R2D2, eaglemoss enterprise B, eaglemoss yorktown, Star Trek command TNG cold weather beanie, Star Wars Jedi snuggie, and big fluffy Chewbacca feet slippers.

#5 Whirlygig

Whirlygig

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 09:28 AM

I've held that 1701 cutaway art in my hand several times at Hobby Lobby and always put it back, Alteran195!  It's a nice piece!

My wife bought me a few things from ThinkGeek.

First, she gave me a small, USB powered black device that you can stick acrylic LCARS ship schematic panels into vertically, which then shines colored LEDs up through the acrylic causing the etched schematic to illuminate.  It comes with panels for both the 1701 and the 1701-D...I'm displaying the D of course.

She also gave me a 50th ann. set of 5 gold sculpted metal lapel pins (1707, D, Defiant, Voyager, 50th badge) with a mini display stand included.

Last, she gave me a 2-pack of magnetic isolinear chip replicas.

#6 Jay K

Jay K

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,914 posts
  • Interests:Music, Star Trek, and gaming.

Posted 03 January 2017 - 12:05 PM

Alteran, a full review of that 1:1000 1701 when you've finished it, please. I want to know all the details about the fitting of parts etc (saw people say it has a few bad problems, which made me hit the breaks on ordering one). I love my D7, but it needs something to go with it (other than DST's B scale-wise).

#7 WORF22

WORF22

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 12:49 PM

, a full review of that 1:1000 1701 when you've finished it, please. I want to know all the details about the fitting of parts etc (saw people say it has a few bad problems, which made me hit the breaks on ordering one). I love my D7, but it needs something to go with it (other than DST's B scale-wise).

Alteran, just send it to me and i will review it for you.  :D 

#8 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 04:51 PM

Its a pretty decent model, and it went together pretty well. I'm overall satisfied with it. 

The only place that there is a gap is the neck, gluing it together and clamping it tight should fix that though:
VXz4aDn.jpg

There were only 3 places on the model I had to use glue for it to stay together; where the neck connects to the saucer, the pylons, and one of the nacelles would not snap in no matter what I did. 

One of the nacelles snapped in fine, but for whatever reason the other didn't. 

The pylons wouldn't stay together without glue at all, there was a massive gap before I glued them.

Now that I think about it, the gap in the neck may have been the reason it kept popping out of the saucer. 

As I said, I'm happy with it, and hope they do some more bigger kits.

lKs7MSX.jpg

I've held that 1701 cutaway art in my hand several times at Hobby Lobby and always put it back, Alteran195!  It's a nice piece!

I did too for a while, and when i couldn't think of anything for my sister to get me I just sent her a pic of it when it was on sale for 50% off. 

Its a great piece, and would love it if they made ones of other ships. 

Couldn't think of a better place to hang it either:

zWl3BIF.jpg

#9 richpit

richpit

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 261 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek toys, Star Trek props, Star Trek stuff in general!

Posted 05 January 2017 - 08:09 PM

Its a pretty decent model, and it went together pretty well. I'm overall satisfied with it. 

As I said, I'm happy with it, and hope they do some more bigger kits.

lKs7MSX.jpg

Sorry, maybe I missed it, but can I have more details on the ship models?  Who's the manufacturer?  I love the Excelsior! 

#10 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 09:07 PM

The Excelsiors are from Diamond Select Toys.

The Enterprise is the prepainted model kit you just have to put together. It's from Polar Lights.

My line up of Enterprises are all from DST, with the exception of the C which was built for me by Prometheus.

#11 Nigel

Nigel

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 05:47 PM

I didn't get anything Trek related for Christmas. I think my relatives see me buying things for myself and resent me for it. I did buy presents for them, though. Glad you have such great relatives, Alterean.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users