• Please log in to reply
1324 replies to this topic

#1141 ShipNerd

ShipNerd

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:48 PM

Takes me about 5 or 6 tries with my little Fuji Camera to get something that good.

This ship is great. I just need to see an end result on a board member using mineral springs to get the Licensing of the Nacelles.

#2 is on it's way. Going to try to be artistic! Like the Commodore!

ShipNerd

#1142 Alex

Alex

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 926 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 02:37 AM

QUOTE (ShipNerd @ Mar 26 2013, 01:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Takes me about 5 or 6 tries with my little Fuji Camera to get something that good.
Thanks ShipNerd, I'm glad you liked the photo! smile.gif

All right, so here's the deal guys. As you can see, my new Enterprise

#1143 Captain Riddick

Captain Riddick

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:41 PM

Got the Enterprise-E from Wal-Mart.com a few weeks ago.

I like it better then my Model that's windows light up and it's obviously much better painted then the previous Asylum release.

All it need was a black sharpie on the windows and it's just about perfect.

Out of all my Enterprise-E ships, I'd say it's the best.

Here are a few pictures of some of my Enterprise-E ships along with the new Art Asylum version.

#1144 Captain Riddick

Captain Riddick

• Members
  • 7 posts

Found a scale chart and put the ships together, almost perfect.

#1145 Captain Riddick

Captain Riddick

• Members
  • 7 posts

#1146 Destructor!!!

Destructor!!!

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:39 AM

Wow! That's an impressively extensive collection!

What version of Voyager is that, in scale with the others?

#1147 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:20 PM

Im also curious which voyager that is.

#1148 VorlonKosh

VorlonKosh

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:55 PM

Looks like the Hallmark ornament Voyager... I'd like to know what prometheus is that in its multivector assault mode split into 3 parts?

#1149 Captain Riddick

Captain Riddick

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:34 PM

The Defiant is the Furuta version. The Voyager was bought by my girlfriend's brother at a Flee Market as a gift a few years ago. It doesn't have any markings what so ever on it to identify what it is. It has water slide decals on it and appears as if it's been glued together so it's a model of some kind.

The Prometheus is a replica of the Furuta version that has been made into three sections. It was a resin ship so I had to paint it and give it all the details. I also repainted most of the Furuta version as well.

I wish I could help on the Voyager, I've been wanting to identify it for years but have never had success.

I really wish Art Asylum would make a Prometheus in scale with the Enterprise-D and E. They could use magnets like they did with the D to reconnect the parts. Hell I'd pay double the price what they charge for any other ships because I've always wanted a light up highly detailed Prometheus that I don't have to paint lol.

#1150 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:49 PM

QUOTE (Captain Riddick @ Mar 28 2013, 02:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The Defiant is the Furuta version. The Voyager was bought by my girlfriend's brother at a Flee Market as a gift a few years ago. It doesn't have any markings what so ever on it to identify what it is. It has water slide decals on it and appears as if it's been glued together so it's a model of some kind.

The Prometheus is a replica of the Furuta version that has been made into three sections. It was a resin ship so I had to paint it and give it all the details. I also repainted most of the Furuta version as well.

I wish I could help on the Voyager, I've been wanting to identify it for years but have never had success.

I really wish Art Asylum would make a Prometheus in scale with the Enterprise-D and E. They could use magnets like they did with the E to reconnect the parts. Hell I'd pay double the price what they charge for any other ships because I've always wanted a light up highly detailed Prometheus that I don't have to paint lol.

I to would love a Prometheus, I'm hoping when I get into model building that the 1/1400 prometheus on federationmodels.com will be back in stock. It would be close to scale with the DST E, I'm not sure what scale the D is.

#1151 Captain Riddick

Captain Riddick

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:41 AM

The DST E and D appear to be in scale with each other considering the scale charts I've seen.

#1152 Alex

Alex

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 926 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:25 AM

QUOTE (Captain Riddick @ Mar 29 2013, 03:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The DST E and D appear to be in scale with each other considering the scale charts I've seen.
The DST Enterprise

#1153 Captain Riddick

Captain Riddick

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:41 AM

I've always wanted the Prometheus that was on federationmodels.com but I've never seen it in stock before. I need to get a new Air Brush soon so it'd be nice if I could find the ship when I do because I'd like to get into painting models again. I'd still almost be afraid to do it myself since that ship was expensive.

#1154 Jay K

Jay K

• Members
  • 1,914 posts
  • Interests:Music, Star Trek, and gaming.

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:14 AM

I love seeing 'Fleet' photos, especially when they're in-scale. smile.gif

#1155 Kyp Durron

Kyp Durron

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 343 posts
  • Interests:ST props, models, and Lightsabers OH MY!

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:19 PM

QUOTE (Captain Riddick @ Mar 28 2013, 02:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I really wish Art Asylum would make a Prometheus in scale with the Enterprise-D and E. They could use magnets like they did with the D to reconnect the parts. Hell I'd pay double the price what they charge for any other ships because I've always wanted a light up highly detailed Prometheus that I don't have to paint lol.

I've got to get a Defiant now that I've seen that it's in scale, lol.

#1156 Jay K

Jay K

• Members
  • 1,914 posts
  • Interests:Music, Star Trek, and gaming.

Posted 30 March 2013 - 02:38 PM

Yes, it's definitely the Furuta Defiant. Here's a picture I just took before, the Furuta version being the one closest to the E:

Click for a bigger version.

Took a load of pictures of the three versions (Hallmark is the biggest, then Furuta, then F-Toys), so I'll post them in my thread in the other forum when I've uploaded them and stuff.

EDIT: Took so long, you've edited your post. Nevermind, t'is confirmation for yee. smile.gif

#1157 Prometheus

Prometheus

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:20 PM

I believe the Voyager model is the 1/1400 model that came out in the 90s from Monogram in a 3 piece set...it included a Maquis Raider and Kazon Fighter....The voyager being 1/1400 is very close to the DST D and E....

#1158 JonWes

JonWes

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:21 PM

QUOTE (Prometheus @ Mar 30 2013, 04:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I believe the Voyager model is the 1/1400 model that came out in the 90s from Monogram in a 3 piece set...it included a Maquis Raider and Kazon Fighter....The voyager being 1/1400 is very close to the DST D and E....

Yep, that was what I was thinking as well.

#1159 Destructor!!!

Destructor!!!

• Members
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:48 PM

QUOTE (Alex @ Mar 30 2013, 09:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The DST Enterprise

#1160 malloc64

malloc64

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:31 PM

QUOTE (Kyp Durron @ Feb 13 2013, 02:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

^Where I circled in Red, these windows WERE NOT MOLDED IN like on the other side, this is likely an error as there is no other place on the entire ship where the windows were asymmetrical, so I had to draw them in by hand, and unless you're looking at it up close like in this picture, they look good when viewed normally, like this :

The windows were molded on my E. However, the left side windows were much shallower than the right side windows. It is possible that your particular model has windows so shallow that they are basically not there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users