6 replies to this topic

#1 DST Trek Collector

DST Trek Collector

Newforce is my home page.

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 02:42 PM

Hi all,
Just won an ebay auction for the enterprise and the klingon cruiser from the next generation for a total of

#2 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 06:24 PM

They were the first two ships produced by Playmates. Followed by the Romulan Warbird. None of those first releases had stands. The Klingon cruiser is probably my favorite out of the three. It has a lot of detail for a Playmates ship and the buttons for the sound effects don't disrupt the sculpt and don't seem out of place like with most of the other PM ships.

#3 Wildcard

Wildcard

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 01:33 PM

^They did end up redoing these later with stands.

I have the ENT-D, and for a toy it was ok. The sound effects were cool and the one thing I did like about that more than AA's NX-01 was that you could determine which sound effect to sound. Granted that meant they had like 4 different buttons going down the back spine of the ship, but it also kept you from having to toggle through the sequence of sound effects to get the one you wanted. I mean, when you need to warp away, you don't need to hear your grappling hooks firing. biggrin.gif

#4 knightone

knightone

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 10:01 PM

I always thought they could have hidden the buttons in the lifeboat hatches or something rather than having the buttons so obviously displayed. Maybe someone can suggest that to DST and we can have ships that preserve the sculpt as well as have selectable sounds. If we had ships with constant on light features and selectable sounds, that would probably be the perfect toy ship.

#5 Chalksquared

Chalksquared

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 812 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, performing (on stage), drawing, and collecting anything (24th century) Trek.

Posted 24 April 2007 - 06:40 AM

QUOTE(Wildcard @ Apr 23 2007, 03:33 PM) View Post
I mean, when you need to warp away, you don't need to hear your grappling hooks firing. biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif LOL!

I LOVED that ship and it was true... for a toy it was awesome! As I kid I thought that the sound effects rocked and Wildcard's right... you got to choose what effect you wanted... though the one that was just a constant roar to simulate the ship being at warp was a bit weak, but having photon torpedo sounds AND phasers were great!

#6 Wildcard

Wildcard

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 04:16 PM

^wink.gif Not that I needed to warp away all that often *heehe*
QUOTE(knightone @ Apr 24 2007, 12:01 AM) View Post
I always thought they could have hidden the buttons in the lifeboat hatches or something rather than having the buttons so obviously displayed. Maybe someone can suggest that to DST and we can have ships that preserve the sculpt as well as have selectable sounds. If we had ships with constant on light features and selectable sounds, that would probably be the perfect toy ship.

My thoughtse exactly on that! I know that on the NX-01 "features as buttons" were limited (in fact, only the bridge and maybe one or two other places could have been buttons), but the ENT-D is loaded with several options.

#7 knightone

knightone

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 07:27 PM

You're right, it would probably depend on the sculpt. The TNG era ships would be perfect for that kind of thing, though, with all the lifeboat covers and other protrusions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users