I'm sure Bernsy will appreciate biggrin.gif

wink.gif

#2 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 10:12 PM

I have the whole set of these figures, all MIB. I think there are like 91 in all. I am counting the Borg and Klingon figures that Art Asylum made for Playmates. These were great figures, and i like the variety, just wished they finished all of the series sets. I would have liked a Quark for DS9, a Be'lanna Torres and Kes, and Neelix for Voyager, a Rand for TOS and a Wesley for TNG.

#3 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 12:08 AM

You are a lucky chap.

I wish I had paid more attention to the line.

My sets are still far from complete even without the missing characters. I'd really like to get all of TOS mains at some point soon. I only have Kirk, Uhura & Chapel at the moment.

I saw a really awesome Quark 9" custom just the other day. Someone on Playtrek posted it. I'll try & find the page. I really wanted to see him in the 9" line as well.

What was the go with Torres? someone was saying she was delayed several times before the line ended without her being made! I wouldn't have thought her to be an unpopular character/figure...she was half Klingon.

#4 Cpt. Phil T. Berns

Cpt. Phil T. Berns

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 432 posts
  • Interests:Props, uniforms, 9" clothed figures

Posted 24 August 2006 - 01:49 AM

QUOTE(Artistix @ Aug 24 2006, 03:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm sure Bernsy will appreciate biggrin.gif

Yeah, right. Put Picard in the center of your picture and then ask me to like it! huh.gif

#5 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 04:18 AM

QUOTE(Artistix @ Aug 24 2006, 02:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You are a lucky chap.

I wish I had paid more attention to the line.

My sets are still far from complete even without the missing characters. I'd really like to get all of TOS mains at some point soon. I only have Kirk, Uhura & Chapel at the moment.

I saw a really awesome Quark 9" custom just the other day. Someone on Playtrek posted it. I'll try & find the page. I really wanted to see him in the 9" line as well.

What was the go with Torres? someone was saying she was delayed several times before the line ended without her being made! I wouldn't have thought her to be an unpopular character/figure...she was half Klingon.

Ebay is a great place to complete your collection of 9" figures, thats how i did it. I bought a large assortment of them from a guy in Canada a few years back that included all of the exclusives and hard to find ones. Most of the Kirk/Spock sets through KBtoys were 39.99 USD a piece originally, and i got them for 7.99 USD a piece MIB! I do have several duplicates of some of them, and a couple of shelves of loose figures to admire as well. I do liken them to the mego line, but the drawback to them is that the figure body of the playmate figures are not nearly as posable as the Mego body, and the Playmates body seems too muscular for the characters they portray.

#6 Kassle

Kassle

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 04:42 PM

QUOTE(Artistix @ Aug 23 2006, 11:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I remember that Torres & Yasha were slated for the Target exclusive line (much like Chapel), but unlike Chapel, they never made it to production before the line died.

#7 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 05:13 PM

QUOTE(Kassle @ Sep 14 2006, 08:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I remember that Torres & Yasha were slated for the Target exclusive line (much like Chapel), but unlike Chapel, they never made it to production before the line died.

Bummer. sad.gif

Did anyone have a pic of their 9" line loose? or MIB if you wanted.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Insurrection figures together.

I'm going to make a 9" Insurrection casual Beverly custom...seeing as how she was the only exclusion.
I have a spare 9" Crusher. I can re-tool some hair. I'm going to try & hunt down a brown Seven for the body. Then hope my little mother will be happy to stitch me some clothes for her!

#8 Mason

Mason

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 423 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek, Collecting Action Figures, Collecting DVD's

Posted 13 September 2006 - 08:47 PM

If you go HERE you can check out the 9" figures that were planned but never released...pity, there are some awesome looking figures there (loving the Kira "Way of the Warrior" holodeck outfit and the DS9 grey shouldered uniforms).

#9 Kassle

Kassle

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 11:49 AM

I completely forgot about that Kira. I remember when those figures were first pictured in the toy mags. Definitely would've been a cool looking figure.

#10 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 05:47 PM

QUOTE(Mason @ Sep 13 2006, 10:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you go HERE you can check out the 9" figures that were planned but never released...pity, there are some awesome looking figures there (loving the Kira "Way of the Warrior" holodeck outfit and the DS9 grey shouldered uniforms).

I had forgotten about those figures, except for the Spock figure, which i would love to have. Of course, i would love to have all of them really. I did buy a Generations Kirk just to get the uniform for my customized Spock figure. I have the whole set of 9" figures, which totals out at like 91 or 92, i forget. I have duplicates of a lot of them as well. I really like this set of figures. Those deluxe figures would have been great too. Speaking of figures never made, playmates had a lot of 12" figures planned that didnt make it either, like a "Q" and an electronic base and figure set which looked neat, especially the Spock figure!

#11 Mason

Mason

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 423 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek, Collecting Action Figures, Collecting DVD's

Posted 14 September 2006 - 08:30 PM

Yeah, you can check out all the unreleased stuff HERE. Just choose which category you'd like and away you go.

#12 Cpt. Phil T. Berns

Cpt. Phil T. Berns

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 432 posts
  • Interests:Props, uniforms, 9&quot; clothed figures

Posted 15 September 2006 - 04:40 AM

QUOTE(VulcanFanatic @ Sep 15 2006, 01:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I did buy a Generations Kirk just to get the uniform for my customized Spock figure.

How did you age the face? I was thinking of buying an extra Generations Kirk to customize a Spock too. But I didn't want a young Nimoy's face on that figure. Also watching the prototype TVH Spock, I have the impression they were just gonna put a TOS Spock's head on that figure. And that's all wrong.

But I think it should be possible to age 5 of the 6 non-Kirk TOS figure's heads to turn them into their TWOK-TSFS-TVH-TFF-TUC counterparts, but it would be impossible to do with Scotty's head.

#13 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 06:06 AM

QUOTE(Cpt. Phil T. Berns @ Sep 15 2006, 06:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How did you age the face? I was thinking of buying an extra Generations Kirk to customize a Spock too. But I didn't want a young Nimoy's face on that figure. Also watching the prototype TVH Spock, I have the impression they were just gonna put a TOS Spock's head on that figure. And that's all wrong.

But I think it should be possible to age 5 of the 6 non-Kirk TOS figure's heads to turn them into their TWOK-TSFS-TVH-TFF-TUC counterparts, but it would be impossible to do with Scotty's head.

The uniform change was the extent of the customization, since i have never got into anything further than that.

#14 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 04:07 AM

It is a shame the Deluxe figures were never picked up.

I don't see why...seemed like a good idea to me. Maybe it was the price point.

We did see the Sherlock Holmes Data...but Spock & Kira didn't make it. That would have to have been an aged head.

#15 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 17 September 2006 - 03:04 PM

QUOTE(Artistix @ Sep 17 2006, 05:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We did see the Sherlock Holmes Data...but Spock & Kira didn't make it. That would have to have been an aged head.

We didn't see this Sherlock Data though did we? The 9" version looks quite a bit different from what I can tell from the pictures.

#16 DavAnthony

DavAnthony

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 08:38 PM

It looks like the 9" Data had a first season uniform you could switch him into. So there may of been a 9" Sherlock Data but not one that came with a first season uniform in addition

#17 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 03:52 AM

They did indeed produce Data & Geordi in their Sherlock Holmes gear.

They would be great figures to have too. This guy is selling them on eBay for a Buy it Now of $150, so I gather they are rare.

When did Geordi become a Lieutenant Commander?

#18 Matty-lad

Matty-lad

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 06:37 AM

Hey Artistix,

Geoordi became a Lieutenant Commander between the 2nd and 3rd season.

Take care,
Matty-lad

#19 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 06:06 PM

QUOTE(Artistix @ Sep 18 2006, 05:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They did indeed produce Data & Geordi in their Sherlock Holmes gear.

They would be great figures to have too. This guy is selling them on eBay for a Buy it Now of $150, so I gather they are rare.

When did Geordi become a Lieutenant Commander?

I like these figures, and i got mine for about $7.50 USD each. I know you wont find them like that very often, so you really have to be patient with ebay.

#20 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 04:17 PM

Yeah they a bit on the rare said. In part for the amount made and in part in the fact that owners seem to not sell them as much as some of the other figures.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users