284 replies to this topic

#1 Qcjoe

Qcjoe

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 674 posts
  • Interests:scifi,comics,actionfigures,baseball,football

Posted 16 September 2014 - 09:20 AM

I just read the latest ask DST.  One questioner asked if Defiant, the C or Voyager are next for release.  Chuck says they are all under consideration but none are next.  So at least we know what isnt coming.  So let more speculation begin.  Could Reliant be next?

#2 DefiantOne

DefiantOne

Lives in the city on the edge of forever

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 11:01 AM

It was also said the TNG Romulan Warbird and Galor class a not amongst the next "few". So my bet on the new alien ship would be either the TOS Romulan BoP, or the D7/K't'inga. Another interesting note, the word "Reliant" was tagged, but I was unable to find anything about the Reliant, whether a question or an answer. My bet on the next Fed-ship would've been the Reliant/Miranda class anyway, especially considering there are not much choices left to do that would probably sell well. And I see the Miranda class way before an Akira, Nebula or Constellation, for example.

#3 Prometheus

Prometheus

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 12:59 PM

Even though Chuck has also been quoted as saying the next ship won't be a Klingon ship I hope a D7/KTINGA is next.

#4 tuvok47

tuvok47

• Members
  • 651 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 01:13 PM

I think we're inching ever closer to TNG Trek Tek.

#5 Jay K

Jay K

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,914 posts
  • Interests:Music, Star Trek, and gaming.

Posted 16 September 2014 - 01:23 PM

Good spot regards the Reliant tag, DefiantOne. :)

There really have been hints towards different ships over the past few months (years?). I really do wish they'd just say what the next two are...

#6 Will Decker

Will Decker

Lives in the city on the edge of forever

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 06:41 AM

I'll be thrilled to get the reliant.  And the either the k'tinga/D-7 or TOS romulan.  Based on the latest comments by chuck those are the frontrunners.

I think I'm gonna be singing that song by pharrell williams...

#7 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 12:50 PM

Didn't they already say Reliant wasn't next? They've denied everything, clearly we're getting some obscure ship no one is asking about. Worker bee, calling it now.

#8 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 02:07 PM

They already said they wouldn't do another Klingon ship this quick, so it prolly wont be K'Tinga.

#9 Javabean

Javabean

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 04:35 PM

Reliant wud be great choice to pair up with reissue TWOK 1701.
Just like we hv pairing of Excelsior, BoP & coming 1701A.

#10 Qcjoe

Qcjoe

• Members
  • 674 posts
  • Interests:scifi,comics,actionfigures,baseball,football

Posted 17 September 2014 - 09:31 PM

Dont lie guys. You know you will be pissed if its not a Kazon ship. :lol:

#11 richpit

richpit

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 261 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek toys, Star Trek props, Star Trek stuff in general!

Posted 18 September 2014 - 07:18 PM

I wouldn't mind some TNG Trek Tek.  They've done a pretty good job with the TOS items.  While there's still some TOS stuff they could do, maybe they should shake it up a bit.  

#12 Redshirt#7

Redshirt#7

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 398 posts
  • Interests:Avoiding landing parties, surviving till the titles roll

Posted 19 September 2014 - 02:28 AM

As long as it's a new ship, I'm happy. Of course, I'd be happier if it was TNG/DS9/VOY related, but I've kind of given up hope on a DS9, Jem'Hadar fighter, Defiant and Voyager.

I'm betting that, while it seems a given that the next one will be the Reliant, I'm betting that a Saratoga variant will be made.

#13 Jay K

Jay K

• Members
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 03:56 AM

Movie-era Federation ships onwards, are all ships I'd love to have, no different with the Reliant. As for the alien ship, if it's Klingon or Romulan from the movie-era onward, then it's a definite purchase for me. The only TOS ship I'd contemplate would be a D7, but even then, I'd rather 'wait' for the inevitable K't'inga version. 

Tell them to make the Defiant and Voyager next time though, please Zach. :)

#14 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 12:08 PM

As long as it's the NSEA Protector I'm happy. LOL! I'll settle for Enterprise J or anything from the new movies though,but neither is gonna happen of course,lol.

J-R!

#15 Razorgeist

Razorgeist

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 07:30 AM

Sorry for the thread necromancy.  No offense to any TWOK fans but I'd be dissapointed if the next ship is the Reliant.  I was really looking forward to DST's take on the Defiant.  Now I wonder what the next alien ship could be.  Perhaps a Jem'Hadar bug for DS9's anniversary.

#16 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 03:33 PM

If only I could give you the info about it I really would. lol! Some of you ARE gonna be disappointed,and some of you are not. Me? Don't care one way or the other. The alien ship I was hoping for.....is not gonna be the one,so whatever. Maybe it's time to expand. Again.

J-R!

#17 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 03:39 PM

If only I could give you the info about it I really would. lol! Some of you ARE gonna be disappointed,and some of you are not. Me? Don't care one way or the other. The alien ship I was hoping for.....is not gonna be the one,so whatever. Maybe it's time to expand. Again.

J-R!

Are you seriously saying they told you the ships that are next?

#18 Stormfury_Echo

Stormfury_Echo

• Members
  • 612 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 10:06 PM

Uncool to hold out bro..

#19 Razorgeist

Razorgeist

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 10:57 PM

The suspense is killing me!

#20 Jay K

Jay K

• Members
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 11:38 PM

I would've kept that to myself robster, as it really comes across as boasting (pouring salt in our wounds). I've beta tested lots of big-name videogames (quick examples: Red Dead Redemption, Grand Theft Auto five), and I wouldn't dream of telling anyone else, because all it does is make them miserable, and that's not what I like doing...

As for Zach telling you the next ships though, well, I really don't have a clue what to think when it comes to DST's PR strategy. I gather he knows you, but I'm just at a loss as to why we're not being told already. As for Zach's excuse ages ago of it stopping people buying ships they're bringing out in the meantime, that's wrong for several reasons:
One, it's such a long time inbetween ships coming out, that there's no way collectors are passing on one ship to wait for the next. And two, that's an irrelevant argument anyway in my opinion. If someone doesn't want something, telling them what's coming next isn't going to make a difference (see: Apple products, NECA and, oh yes, Eaglemoss!).

As for being disappointed in the next ships, for me, that'll only happen if they're called Enterprise - apart from the C, or if they're from the Original Series - apart from the D7. I'd welcome having the Reliant and any Klingon or Romulan ship. Infact, I'd take any alien ship, except something Borg.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users