75 replies to this topic

#21 Qcjoe

Qcjoe

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 674 posts
  • Interests:scifi,comics,actionfigures,baseball,football

Posted 06 February 2016 - 06:56 AM

I have the first two pre ordered. I'm liking this line a lot. I may stray into the super hero ones.

#22 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 01:13 PM

A review of Spock from Pixel Dan.

http://toynewsi.com/...12&itemid=26006

J-R!

#23 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 02:48 PM

Here's another review... I think I'm sold...

http://www.mwctoys.c...IEW-021516a.htm

#24 Qcjoe

Qcjoe

• Members
  • 674 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 05:56 PM

I got Kirk preordered.  They also have Marvel and DC now.  I dont have enough money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#25 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 05:54 PM

Looks like Mezco is making a TOS Enterprise Captains chair. 

http://news.toyark.c...-preview-197515

#26 Tiberius

Tiberius

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 07:37 PM

Oh no. Looks like I'm going to be collecting a new series of figures 🤔

#27 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 03:45 PM

Wow. That chair looks awesome... and frankly I think I prefer the Kirk in that Tunic. I'm going to get Spock... and if its as good as it looks, I'll be all in on this line. 

#28 Qcjoe

Qcjoe

• Members
  • 674 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 06:48 PM

Ill shit my self if they make all the parts of the bridge that fit together.

#29 Sybeck1

Sybeck1

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 04:57 AM

http://www.vegasdeaddolls.com/

This site has a exclusive 50 anniversary pilot Spock available

#30 Prometheus

Prometheus

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 11:26 AM

http://www.vegasdeaddolls.com/

This site has a exclusive 50 anniversary pilot Spock available

There is NO WAY I'm paying 250.00 for a 1/12 6" figure..... That's way too much. It is a sweet figure but that price is ridiculous.

#31 horstcella

horstcella

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 01:23 PM

There is NO WAY I'm paying 250.00 for a 1/12 6" figure..... That's way too much. It is a sweet figure but that price is ridiculous.

I can only agree, they are really trying to rip customers off. $ 120 would have been a steep price but worth thinking about, but  $ 250 is insane!

#32 1701D

1701D

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 01:51 PM

That is absolutely insane!!!!! I'm just gonna stick to the select line DST do and pray they add articulation.

#33 Prometheus

Prometheus

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 05:31 PM

I'm really upset about this price gouging.... I really like this Cage Spock but I can't afford that nor would I want to!! My only hope is that no one buys them at that price and they slash the price in half or more!!! This really ticks me off!!

#34 Sybeck1

Sybeck1

• Members
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 07:52 PM

I haven't felt as excited about a line since the early part of this century when I saw the press release picture of the Art Asylum Star Trek figures from wave one. Classic Trek has been a big part of my childhood as I remember racing home to watch it after school when we only had four channels.

These look great and I am trying to justify the price. I am making more money than I was with the Art asylum figures but since then I have married and have children. This will involve some serious flanalaling of funds on my part or I might see divorceach court.

Also I am hesitant starting this line because it might not go much further than this. Trek is a niche market and well I will be mad if McCoy doesn't show up. Scotty and Uhura too. At one every couple of months I hope the line lasts. I would love to see these guys take on the mirror
Universe. Klingons and Romulans but I am dreaming.

I am not too fond of the pilots so I will pass on the Exclusive but you are right it is alot

#35 1701D

1701D

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 13 April 2016 - 07:24 AM

Also I am hesitant starting this line because it might not go much further than this. Trek is a niche market and well I will be mad if McCoy doesn't show up. Scotty and Uhura too. At one every couple of months I hope the line lasts.

This is how I feel too. I'm worried that this will only be the current figures released and that we're not going to see the rest of the TOS crew let alone characters from TNG.

DST seems to remain the only company who could potentially do figures from all of the series and the 10 classic movies.

I kind of wish Mezco had come out of the gate even stronger with at least 5 figures from across the Star Trek universe: Spock, Picard, Worf, 7of9 & Khan let's say...

We shall see, I'm so tempted by them but have held off pre ordering.

#36 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 13 April 2016 - 07:57 AM

This is how I feel too. I'm worried that this will only be the current figures released and that we're not going to see the rest of the TOS crew let alone characters from TNG.
DST seems to remain the only company who could potentially do figures from all of the series and the 10 classic movies.
I kind of wish Mezco had come out of the gate even stronger with at least 5 figures from across the Star Trek universe: Spock, Picard, Worf, 7of9 & Khan let's say...
We shall see, I'm so tempted by them but have held off pre ordering.

Unfortunately DST will never touch Voyager and it's unlikely that they will do much from DS9 if anything. I doubt mezco is going to do full crews either. I really think collectors are just going to have to get over completing full crew or cast displays and just be happy with what we get. Trek is just to vast with too many characters to get them all any more.

#37 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 13 April 2016 - 11:03 AM

I don't particularly care about these kind of figures, but I just read a post on Toyark that said the standard Mezco figure is only $70? Seriously? This one is $250 because.... of why exactly? Ridiculous price hike. It's not like it comes with anything more than the normal Spock figure. 

http://news.toyark.c...ge-spock-201676

#38 MisterPL

MisterPL

• Members
  • 943 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 09:31 AM

I have to believe that this figure will end up offered somewhere else, maybe as a 2-pack with a Pike, sometime down the road. That's a ridiculous price.

Hopefully fan demand steers Mezco toward finding a way to get this into more collections at a more justifiable price. You know, one that doesn't include divorce papers.

#39 Sybeck1

Sybeck1

• Members
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 06:18 PM

Well I have preordered the regular Spock Sulu and Kirk. My wife will go ballistic over these. The chair itself will probably be over 100 dollars if it is offered with a figure. I hope at least if a Kirk is included he has the green wraparound tunic.

I do hope future early review of the Spock would include a shot of it flanked by a Mego and the DST Spock to compare it too. I read someone called this the new Mego and I can understand why

#40 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
  • Interests:"Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?"

Posted 20 April 2016 - 11:04 PM

Ok everybody wanting The Cage Exclusive Spock, they currently have him discounted to $90 on the link listed a few posts back! I don't know how long the discounted price is available, but now's the time to act if you want to avoid that outrageous mark up!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users