• Please log in to reply
3700 replies to this topic

#3461 Starfleet Doc

Starfleet Doc

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 24 March 2018 - 12:14 PM

Same here on the shipping notice. It looks a little more detailed as a model so itll be nice to compare them side by side. Im curious too when the JJPrise A will be released. I honestly care more for the refit than the A.

#3462 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 24 March 2018 - 12:42 PM

It just seemed stupid for them to shrink the neck and the pylons just to make them look weak in the movie. They also ended up making the nacelles even closer together, which I don't think looks as good as the original design.

I don't have much issue with them shrinking the nacelles, or even sweeping the pylons back, but the other changes just don't make much sense to me.

Part of why I want the A so bad is because its up in the air as to whether we will ever actually properly see her. We've seen concept art, but that art doesn't match what she looked like on screen.

#3463 Starfleet Doc

Starfleet Doc

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 24 March 2018 - 07:14 PM

I didnt like the neck but liked the swept back pylons. Think if theyd kept them the original distance or slightly further apart, it would have looked even better.

#3464 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 25 March 2018 - 10:58 AM

This video has a version of the Kelvin Enterprise that is perfect to me.

https://youtu.be/aq7OrAoC6YE

Straightened out, swept back pylons look fantastic, and is what they should have done in Beyond.

#3465 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 04:42 PM

Got the Beyond Enterprise today.

https://imgur.com/a/C3oho

Definitely more details in most places, but the aft of the secondary hull is blank.

I love the grid lines on the bussard collectors, and the extra details on the nacelles.

Seeing her in person has changed my mind a bit on the Refit, but they really shouldnt have shrunk the nacelles. They look too small now.

I also didnt get the magazine because its preordered or backordered.

#3466 Starfleet Doc

Starfleet Doc

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 08:53 PM

Probably backordered. I got mine today and it also didnt have the magazine. The nacellese are VERY small in comparison to the rest of the ship. They definitely looked longer on screen (thats what she said).

Mine apparently was an extremely special edition, as the saucer and neck werent glued so shes capable of saucer seperation....

#3467 Whirlygig

Whirlygig

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 29 March 2018 - 04:20 AM

I have to say, those nacelles do look ridiculously small to me...I don't remember the ship looking that stand-out oddball in any movie shots so now I feel skeptical of its accuracy...might have to break out the movie soon and refresh my memory??

At any rate, don't display her next to the Discovery or there might be some nacelle envy developing.

#3468 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 29 March 2018 - 07:57 AM

Eaglemoss has always been pretty damn accurate in the past, and Id assume they were given the CGI model of the ship like they have for a lot of their other ships.

Pictures of it from the movie definitely make them seem pretty small.

#3469 DefiantOne

DefiantOne

Lives in the city on the edge of forever

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 29 March 2018 - 09:47 AM

The small nacelles of the Beyond Enterprise do have one advantage though, they look much better on other ship variants like the Miranda than the big nacelles. There was even a Miranda looking ship towed in the background of the Enterprise-A construction scene at the end of Beyond.

#3470 Jay K

Jay K

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,914 posts
  • Interests:Music, Star Trek, and gaming.

Posted 04 April 2018 - 08:49 AM

Some more pictures of the prototype, confirming that it does have the pulse phasers on the nacelles:

460b43c7-52d5-4660-883c-ad05eb036239.jpg

e8b44624-dfd0-492f-a61e-d2cfb114c7ed.jpg

a0b379f0-7122-4260-902c-566891b9aaca.jpg

Two things that bother me (other than the overall 'chubbiness' that these XL models tend to suffer from):

One, the way the forward section is connected to the hull being the same as on the regular version. Not a good look at this size, and I'm imaging a lot of them will be off-centre due to that.

Two, the pennants on the side of the nacelles - how was it not fixed for this larger version? See comparison below:

qSjKpZ8.jpg

I'm really torn here between wanting a large, die-cast version of my favourite ship, or saving my money knowing that the Polar Lights kit is out soon. :(

#3471 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 09:56 AM

The reason they didn’t fix the pennants is because these jumbos are lazy, blown up versions of the small ships.

The fact they added the pulse phasers is pretty surprising, I think it’s the first time they’ve made any improvements to a jumbo ship. Why they wouldn’t go all out and fix the paint job I’ll never know, or understand.

Since I don’t trust myself to build a good model of her myself, this will probably be the first jumbo I buy.

#3472 hobsgrg

hobsgrg

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 11:24 AM

The reason they didn’t fix the pennants is because these jumbos are lazy, blown up versions of the small ships.

The fact they added the pulse phasers is pretty surprising, I think it’s the first time they’ve made any improvements to a jumbo ship. Why they wouldn’t go all out and fix the paint job I’ll never know, or understand.

Since I don’t trust myself to build a good model of her myself, this will probably be the first jumbo I buy.

I'd disagree with you in terms of the jumbo Voyager, as far as I'm concerned that is a significant upgrade as that has a lot more fine detail not in/not possible on the regular sized version. The others I agree with you though, they are bigger but barely any better.

#3473 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 01:51 PM

Voyager does look good, and if it didn’t suffer from horrible window misalignment, it’d be a ship I would probably buy.

It just is confusing to me that they’d go through that much effort refining the paint apps for one ship, and do nothing at all with the majority of the others.

Why can’t they commit to improving the paint details and sculpt issues like they did with Voyager, and now adding the pulse phasers on the Defiant, on all of their jumbos?

#3474 DefiantOne

DefiantOne

Lives in the city on the edge of forever

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 03:46 PM

Given that the EM Defiant is the season 7 cg-model, I think it really looks good as the XL version. Studio model version would be the big prize, but I'm just glad they didn't use the season 6 cg.

#3475 hobsgrg

hobsgrg

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 10:36 AM

I can't believe how inaccurate the Reliant XL is, doesn't even resemble the right class of ship...  :wacko:

Screen_Shot_2018_04_06_at_17_33_43.png

#3476 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 11:02 AM

Haha.

The Defiant looks good enough for me, will probably buy it. Looking forward to those light blue windows being misaligned. Also not quite sure why theyre light blue instead of black like the windows on every other ship.

Really hoping the stand is better than the standard version. Both of the ones I have just fall right off.

#3477 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 03:06 PM

After a year of being out of stock, I finally got the J.

7oCf3WD.jpg

The line feels complete. Only ship I'm not sure if I need or want is the ring ship.

#3478 Morgan

Morgan

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 756 posts

Posted 07 April 2018 - 04:30 PM

Really liking the Freedom and Challenger class, such oddballs but they're great in person. Now I wish they'd made regular appearances in TNG.

Never thought 20 years ago that I'd see all of these BoBW ships.

#3479 AndyW

AndyW

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 12:37 PM

Got my Yeager, its a monster that makes no sense but as with the BoBW ships, I never dreamt we'd have an officially licenced official model.

To be fair, the design is ghastly, but the new CG models are very impressive.

Anyone else seen the comments on Facebook about 6 new side cannon specials, the Altair and Bonaventure being the two images I saw. Any word on the rest? I wonder if the Sternbach Voyager concept is in there (they've said they will do it), I suspect it will be. But what else?

PS, that XL Defiant is an absolute must buy for me. I will not miss that at all. Anyone spots the pre-order going up (UK), then shout!

#3480 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 02:30 PM

New bonus ships including the Enterprise F from STO:
https://www.herocoll...rships-revealed

Couldnt be more excited for the F, now I wont have to get one through STOs 3D printing service.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users