• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 12:48 AM

Okay, I am kind of lost as to where all these variants came from... I know of...

Classic 1701 - General Release
WNMHGB 1701 - PX Previews
Gold Edition - Blister 2nd Anniversary (Japan)

So where did "The Cage" Version come from?

#2 JediTray

JediTray

Action figure anonymous member

• Banned
  • 50 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 01:25 AM

"The Cage" version was also listed as a PX exclusive. Unlike the Enterprise-E, the stickers just state the name of the ship and the episode name, no store name. Of course, Rick at New Force and everyone else under the sun had access though, they were just a smaller production run than the general release.

-JT

#3 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 03:53 AM

you sure about that? that would be weird for Previews to have two exclusives like that. Can anyone else confirm that? I mean it could be possible, but I don't know for sure.

#4 sallah

sallah

Herbert.

• Members
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 04:33 AM

QUOTE (BadBunnyMike @ Dec 24 2008, 04:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
you sure about that? that would be weird for Previews to have two exclusives like that. Can anyone else confirm that? I mean it could be possible, but I don't know for sure.

I thought the cage version was supposed to be a comic con exclusive maybe? I can't remember if that was right...if it was and they didn't sell out I am sure that the remainder would have been sold through previews. But I do remember a bunch of people getting them from the diamond select store before it was even announced in place of the standard 1701 by accident. That's how I got mine!

#5 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 24 December 2008 - 10:02 AM

Rick offered both the Cage and WNMHGB versions. They are both variations of the same ship with the nacelles being red and having the spires. The only difference is a few paint desins and a different bridge dome on the WNMHGB version. So all together that gives us 4 variants of the 1701. Toys R Us is getting the 1701, initially it was expected to be a variant but I think people have been saying its the same ship.

#6 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 02:28 PM

okay...I know they look different, but where did the Cage Version come from? nobody seems to really know for sure?

#7 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 25 December 2008 - 01:14 AM

It wasnt offered by any particular store. I know I bought mine from Newforce and Ive seen planety of other stores have it in stock when it was initilly released. I know the Cage box had no markings to indicate that it was previews and Im pretty sure WNMHGB didnt have any either.

#8 JediTray

JediTray

Action figure anonymous member

• Banned
  • 50 posts

Posted 25 December 2008 - 11:42 AM

Correct, thats what I was trying to convey. Sorry I wasn't clear, I do that sometimes! smile.gif The stickers on both the WNMHGB and The Cage boxes just state the name of the ship and the episode that inspired the design. There is no "Previews Exclusive" or anything like that on the stickers. As far as the boxes go, the stickers are all that is different from the general release. The Cage version was readily offered by all of the usual online store suspects, and sold through pretty quickly. While the stands leave something to be desired, the modular design of the ships was pretty clever. The bridge dome, deflector array, impulse engine, collectors, and nacelle tails were easily switched out at production to make the variants.

-JT

#9 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 25 December 2008 - 02:44 PM

yeah it was a very clever marketing ploy for DST to do that, and they knew collectors would buy them all.

#10 Sgt. Stinky

Sgt. Stinky

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 347 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek, Indiana Jones, Friends and especially Family

Posted 23 March 2009 - 10:50 AM

AFX website has two new Enterprises listed as coming out in May- ISS 1701 Enterprise from "Mirror, Mirror" and a High Definition 1701 from the remastered episodes. Cool.

#11 ncc1701toy

ncc1701toy

Toys before the light bill.

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek TOS props and toys 'n gadgets 'n stuff

Posted 23 March 2009 - 12:55 PM

Just received a Polar Lights USS Enterprise (TOS version) and was pleasantly surprised it contained variant parts for Cage, WNMHGB, and TOS. I didn't know that.

#12 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 06:08 AM

I cant wait for the mirror enterprise...id like to see if they add any logos to it.

#13 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 07:00 AM

They did Add some logos to it....but I don't remember them being on the actual ship like that.

I.S.S. Enterprise

HD Enterprise

#14 New Frontier

New Frontier

I know FHC by name.

• Suspended
  • 585 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek: The Original Series <br />Graphic Design <br />Star Trek 2009 <br />Model Making <br /><br />

Posted 24 March 2009 - 07:20 AM

Is that the actual HD Enterprise toy??? because if it is, it looks awesome, i'll definitely get that!

I'll give DST one thing, (apart from the see through WoK Ship) their ships have been really good.

#15 Whirlygig

Whirlygig

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 07:47 AM

QUOTE (Sgt. Stinky @ Mar 23 2009, 11:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
AFX website has two new Enterprises listed as coming out in May- ISS 1701 Enterprise from "Mirror, Mirror" and a High Definition 1701 from the remastered episodes. Cool.

Awesome, thanks for the heads up. I have been trying really hard to maintain my conviction not to buy The Cage or WNMHGB versions -- but I definitely can't resist the Mirror version. That should satiate my hunger for a spired/red nacelle variant, and we already have a full crew available to go with it.

Now the question is...did the Mirror version actually ever appear on-screen? I'll have to take a look soon. That seems like the kind of thing they'd have avoided showing for budget reasons.

#16 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 07:59 AM

The Entterprise Did show on screen but for the Remastered one they could do whatever they wanted with the ship, so I am assuming that one is also from the Remastered Sereis.

#17 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 08:01 AM

QUOTE (New Frontier @ Mar 24 2009, 06:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is that the actual HD Enterprise toy??? because if it is, it looks awesome, i'll definitely get that!

I'll give DST one thing, (apart from the see through WoK Ship) their ships have been really good.

Yes that is the Actual HD Version

#18 thecapn

thecapn

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 307 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 09:14 AM

QUOTE (BadBunnyMike @ Mar 24 2009, 09:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The Entterprise Did show on screen but for the Remastered one they could do whatever they wanted with the ship, so I am assuming that one is also from the Remastered Sereis.

You're correct. I recall when they were doing the remastered episodes that the effects team interviewed with TrekMovie, and they decided that since the Mirror Universe was probably more weapons-focused that the engineering would be a bit behind, so they slapped new logos on the WNMHGB version and went from there.

#19 Whirlygig

Whirlygig

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 09:40 AM

QUOTE (BadBunnyMike @ Mar 24 2009, 08:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I did some checking on memory-alpha.org and some other forums where people were talking about the remastered Mirror, Mirror episode. The evidence at all those places suggests that even in the remastered version there were no empire insignia on the saucer or nacelles as are shown in the AFX graphic. Wonder what that's all about...if it looks as pictured, it won't be canonical. But I would rather have the insignia, canonical or not! =p

#20 reverie

reverie

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 09:45 AM

Being an AFX exclusive... do you think there's a possibility others may have some to offer? Just asking because I'm not a fan of AFX's shipping costs. wink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users