• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Tomparis

Tomparis

Newforce is my home page.

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 07:37 PM

Hello, I have been lurking this forum for a while now and finally decided to show myself. I have gotten a lot of info and wanted to share mine. I have been star trek fan since I was 4 or 5 yrs old but now have my own family and money lol. So I started collecting heavily back in june. I now have 164 action figures all sealed and mint on card. I have several ship models and the eneteprise-d, romulan warbird, and borg cub from tng all sealed and mint in box. The gem of my collection is a loose Lt. commander data in red command uniform, he has all his accessories and is mint. I have the complete bridge and transporter sets with boxes. I also have lots of odds and ends like cups, puzzles, stamps, etc. If people are interested I will post pics of my collection.

#2 Destructor!!!

Destructor!!!

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 08:38 PM

Hell yeah! Welcome aboard. I'm a recent recruit myself, but I've been here about nine months. I can attest to the friendliness of the people here, I was welcomed right off the bat, so I'll pay it forward to you!

I'd love to see photos of your collection! I'm a ship man, though I always regretted not getting the TNG transporter set.

#3 Tomparis

Tomparis

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 09:45 PM

I love ships myself but in my area its easier to get action figures so thats what I can readily get lol. The transporter room playset is pretty cool. Its also pretty heavy ol

#4 Daysleeper

Daysleeper

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 537 posts
  • Interests:Music, acting, theatre, film, arts in General

Check out my band: www.facebook.com/eastportslackers

Posted 30 August 2011 - 01:48 AM

Welcome. I can only confirm Destructor!!!'s post. Lots of friendly people here. smile.gif

#5 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 04:28 AM

spock2.gif
We love photos, post away!!!!

#6 JulesLuvsShinzon

JulesLuvsShinzon

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,101 posts
  • Interests:Collecting Art Asylum 7" Star trek action figures.

Star trek & writing fan fiction.

Posted 30 August 2011 - 08:06 AM

That's right FHC - isn't it time for another one of your unique customs? smile.gif

Welcome TomParis - it seems like you're a fast worker on the collecting front!

#7 Tomparis

Tomparis

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 10:37 AM

@FHC-I will try to get photos soon. I'm a full time college student and have a 2 yr old son and wife lol

@JulesLuvsShinzon-Thanks I anything I collect I try to build up fast because I'm not sure how long I'm gonna have extra money for lol

My collection frfom what I'm seeing is pretty amatuer to you guys, So you guys probably wont see anything you haven't before

#8 Tomparis

Tomparis

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 08:30 PM

Ok, here are pictures of my collection. the pictures were taken with a camera phone so they arent great.

http://www.facebook....1...0813&type=1

My wifes phone has died, so im gonna have to wait for it to recharge before I can retake a picture of the TNG section. the one that is completely blurry is the TNG section.

#9 Tomparis

Tomparis

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 09:35 AM

new pics have been posted.

#10 Prometheus

Prometheus

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 12:08 AM

QUOTE (Tomparis @ Sep 1 2011, 11:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
new pics have been posted.

Now that's what I call a collection !! Greetings Tomparis !! Welcome aboard !

#11 Tomparis

Tomparis

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 12:25 AM

QUOTE (Prometheus @ Sep 4 2011, 02:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Now that's what I call a collection !! Greetings Tomparis !! Welcome aboard !

Thanks, I pretty much bought out two local collectible toy shops around where I live lol. I was nervous about joining, since while I was lurking I heard you guys had a pretty big collections and so I didnt want to join if mine was wimpy. So I beefed it before I joined lol. I'm all out of Star Trek collection buying money now lol

#12 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 11:24 AM

Nice, I like it.

#13 Tomparis

Tomparis

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 11:56 AM

Thanks, im in the process of talking to one of the local shops to look in there back stock area and pull out any promotional items he may have. The guy claims he has the original press only tickets for the motion picture. I would love to have those.

#14 Tomparis

Tomparis

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 11:56 AM

Thanks, im in the process of talking to one of the local shops to look in there back stock area and pull out any promotional items he may have. The guy claims he has the original press only tickets for the motion picture. I would love to have those.

#15 Skot

Skot

Action figure anonymous member

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 08:20 PM

Hey! you are from Raleigh too! we should trade. i just got the Borg Cube today at the Flea Market (NOT for trade) it's NRFB(never removed from box) which is why it costed so much...but i plan to remove it unless one of these LOTS i get off eBay has it loose. i like to open and play with my stuff.
I have a bunch of doubles of figures and etc. I was spending the first half of my summer trying to get an idea of what i have and need, then i got side-tracked, then i got interested in MOTUC.

#16 Tomparis

Tomparis

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 08:28 PM

QUOTE (Skot @ Sep 4 2011, 10:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey! you are from Raleigh too! we should trade. i just got the Borg Cube today at the Flea Market (NOT for trade) it's NRFB(never removed from box) which is why it costed so much...but i plan to remove it unless one of these LOTS i get off eBay has it loose. i like to open and play with my stuff.
I have a bunch of doubles of figures and etc. I was spending the first half of my summer trying to get an idea of what i have and need, then i got side-tracked, then i got interested in MOTUC.

So you are the guy who has been my competition locally! Larry told me there was another guy buying stuff as fast I was! I've been trying to figure out who it was!! What are the odds of us meeting on this board...I'm guessing you are also buying star trek stuff at stuff n such as well. I'm also guessing you were the one who got the dst phaser that I went in to go get the other day. I got my cube from stuff n such. I was there the day larry got that cube and a romulan warbird. I bought the warbird. larry may have emailed you about the redemption Data, I'm the one he was emailing for. Send me pm and maybe you can come over or we could meet somewhere.

#17 Skot

Skot

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 08:41 PM

QUOTE (Tomparis @ Sep 4 2011, 10:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So you are the guy who has been my competition locally! Larry told me there was another guy buying stuff as fast I was! I've been trying to figure out who it was!! What are the odds of us meeting on this board...I'm guessing you are also buying star trek stuff at stuff n such as well. I'm also guessing you were the one who got the dst phaser that I went in to go get the other day. I got my cube from stuff n such. I was there the day larry got that cube and a romulan warbird. I bought the warbird. larry may have emailed you about the redemption Data, I'm the one he was emailing for. Send me pm and maybe you can come over or we could meet somewhere.

he offered it to me this summer, but i'm not wanting it. i like to play and display, not trying to get a treasure. I was disenchanted by my childhood dream of selling my comics when i grew up and being a millionaire, only to find that they are now worth LESS than they were 30 years ago.
At the beginning of the summer, i was into it. Then August i switched gears to Masters of the Universe Classics.
Today, i settled my trade with Larry: Viktor(Motuc), a MOTU200X eagle vehicle, and the Borg Cube.
I hesitated on the cube because i hate to open something that is sold under the "it's SEALED, NEVER been opened" moniker. sigh. I'll just sit it, in box on the shelf until i decide to open it, or until i find a dirt cheap opened one.
Same goes for some of the figures i have. i'd rather have opened ones, and when the dust settles, i bet every figure i have NRFP that i'll have them loose too.
Do you ever go to the toy shows? there is one at the end of the month.
dst phaser, nope, no idea on that one. i live too far to go often to the flea market. I ALMOST went to stuff-n-such today, but the dust always agitates me, and i was in a Seeker mode: thundercats and ....argh...i just realized that the last visit i made to SNS i was NOT into MOTU/C/200x...ARGH!!! i prolly could have got some of that there, since i do recall seeing MOTUC Tytus last time i was there. I even recall my thoughts "He looks kinda cool...but thank-God i'm not into that line. I'd go broke collecting it"

#18 Tomparis

Tomparis

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 08:56 PM

no, I dont go to toy shows. I cant afford them. In reality I can barely afford to keep my collection up at the rate I'm trying too. hmm we I dont know anything about other toys or he-man stuff as I exclusively collect Star trek. I'm learning transformer stuff and a little gi-joe as I help larry sometimes but thats about it. Hmm well now i have to figure out who bought that phaser lol. Well I'm not sure what we could do as far as trades since I do look for variants and hard to find figures and ships. Everything I have except for a few things are mint on card or mint in box. Its possible we could work something out but i'm not sure since I dont know what you have.

#19 Skot

Skot

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 09:29 PM

QUOTE (Tomparis @ Sep 4 2011, 10:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
since I dont know what you have.

i'm not sure what i have at this point. i do have a list i started this summer logging stuff as i find it. but this task was bigger than the time i had to give it.
I think the thing that side-tracked me was finding out there was DST/Art Asylum stuff out there, and trying to pursue it. it's AWESOME! too bad it ended before i even knew it existed.

#20 Tomparis

Tomparis

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 09:37 PM

yea, the dst stuff looks good but most of it is just out of my price range for what it is. I used to have the entire enterprise series of toys but sold them yrs ago before I got into collecting heavily. Now I look on ebay and the Enterprise toys are through the roof! $150 for the mint in box phase pistol and communicator, $150 for the ship, $10-$20 a piece on action figures I had all of that! i eve n had all the 2nd wave galoob tng aliens mint on card and i mean mint! So now that I have learned my lesson everything stays in the box and with me intill I have absolutely no choice but to sell, which I dont intend on ever doing. You know what will happen in life though soooo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users