Photo

Has the Borg Waves been Cancelled as well????

• Please log in to reply
147 replies to this topic

#21 Nigel

Nigel

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 05:17 PM

QUOTE (bgiles73 @ Jun 8 2009, 07:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't know Star Wars classic's Return of the Jedi was in theatres about 26 years ago.

Key word there being "classic"...do you think The Phantom Menace figures will be popular in 16 years? I love DS9 and Voyager but to many people they just aren't as "classic" as TOS and TNG.

#22 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
  • Interests:"Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?"

Posted 08 June 2009 - 07:11 PM

QUOTE (Nigel @ Jun 8 2009, 11:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Key word there being "classic"...do you think The Phantom Menace figures will be popular in 16 years? I love DS9 and Voyager but to many people they just aren't as "classic" as TOS and TNG.

Actually, yes Darth Maul was awesome....It's all about what you like and what you don't. I was refering to TNG in my comment. Voyager might not do as good, but I think that if things were marketed a little differently money would be made. To many licenses that were popular 20-30 ago have made a comeback- Masters of the Universe, Battlestar Galactica, Ghostbusters, G.I. Joe, Transformers, etc.etc. There is no reason why Star Trek in all variations can't have it's moment too! That time may not be today, but it will when people start to feel nostalgic towards it.

#23 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 08 June 2009 - 07:50 PM

QUOTE (bgiles73 @ Jun 8 2009, 08:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually, yes Darth Maul was awesome....It's all about what you like and what you don't. I was refering to TNG in my comment. Voyager might not do as good, but I think that if things were marketed a little differently money would be made. To many licenses that were popular 20-30 ago have made a comeback- Masters of the Universe, Battlestar Galactica, Ghostbusters, G.I. Joe, Transformers, etc.etc. There is no reason why Star Trek in all variations can't have it's moment too! That time may not be today, but it will when people start to feel nostalgic towards it.

And it is in the form of JJ's new Trek.

#24 NCC-1701

NCC-1701

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 01:52 AM

QUOTE (Chris @ Jun 8 2009, 01:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I sent Playmates an email back asking what the chances were of them getting the license again to produce figures from TNG, DS9 and Voyager etc and the replied with -

"We are keeping our fingers crossed too. that would be great if we could continue the line from the start again.

Thank you & Regards, Paula Billingsley

Consumer Service

Playmates Toys Inc."

I've been reading through this thread, and although I appreciate what Playmates has done for Trek in the past, and currently with the ST movie items, I do not want them to produce Trek figures and items going forward, and I hope that DST will be able to retain the rights.

I had stopped collecting Trek figures/toys until I saw the likeness and quality of Art Asylum/DST Trek prodicts. The figures resembled the characters, the phaser was almost perfect, and the ships were fabulous. The details were excellent on all. Yes, the products weren't perfect, and they have had a lot of delays, and built up a lot of false hope in fans; whom were surely disappointed when cancellation news was announced. For the Trek toy franchise, DST was the best thing to happen IMHO.

If DST loses the Trek license, I will stop collecting Trek toys. It's nothing against Playmates; it's just that I don't think Playmates will be able to maintain the standards set by DST. I could be wrong, but I honestly don't think so.

On the plus side of DST potentially losing the Trek license. as collectors, we are going to own some really desired Trek collectibles!!!!

#25 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
  • Interests:"Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?"

Posted 09 June 2009 - 11:37 AM

I don't think anyone here wants DST to lose the license. What I want to see is Playmates get the other series in 3 3/4" and 6", and for playsets and ships and I also want DST to be able to continue along with their thing too. In addition, I'd like to see DST be able to add the new movie style to their line up. That would be a win-win situation. Other lines share licenses so why not Star Trek?

#26 stardust

stardust

Newforce is my home page.

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 11:46 AM

I doubt the Borg wave has been cancelled. They probably encountered some issues with the alcove delaying it until they work out the kinks.

#27 weyoun_9

weyoun_9

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 433 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 11:54 AM

Then why won't they tell us that?

My biggest problem with all the delays is how long it takes for them to even acknowledge them. 'Sorry folks...we've run into some problems with the alcove...we'll let you know as soon as we have an update. Thanks for your patience and committment to AA/DST' Is that too much to ask for? It's certainly not helping them to leave us all on this board speculating as to what MIGHT be happening.

#28 Chris

Chris

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 12:46 PM

QUOTE (bgiles73 @ Jun 9 2009, 12:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't think anyone here wants DST to lose the license. What I want to see is Playmates get the other series in 3 3/4" and 6", and for playsets and ships and I also want DST to be able to continue along with their thing too. In addition, I'd like to see DST be able to add the new movie style to their line up. That would be a win-win situation. Other lines share licenses so why not Star Trek?

I couldn't agree more, if their is anyway DST could hold onto their license but also see Playmates make figures in their formats for all series I think there would be something there for everyone.

#29 Moran

Moran

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 04:18 PM

QUOTE (weyoun_9 @ Jun 9 2009, 01:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Then why won't they tell us that?

My biggest problem with all the delays is how long it takes for them to even acknowledge them. 'Sorry folks...we've run into some problems with the alcove...we'll let you know as soon as we have an update. Thanks for your patience and committment to AA/DST' Is that too much to ask for? It's certainly not helping them to leave us all on this board speculating as to what MIGHT be happening.

Well put.... My whole beef with DST is their lack of commitment to providing quality customer service.

I'll tell you, I work for the second largest bank in Canada, and the leader in superior banking customer service, and if my staff displayed the lack of care devoted to their customers... well I'd be showing them the door.

DST refuses to provide us with updates, and if something is cancelled, they don't advise us.

We're all anxiously awaiting their products... we pay their salaries by continuing to buy their stuff, but how do they treat us? They give us cryptic responses and shadowy answers in their Q&A.

If I wasn't a completist, I would abandon this pathetic excuse for a company, just because of their horrible commitment to the customers.

#30 Hirogen

Hirogen

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 05:29 PM

I understand that compnaies don't have to tell us anything but why not just come out and say what happened? I would respect that a lot more. The scale difference betwen TOS and TNG is crazy and the excuse was ridiculous. I think they said it was a mis communication. But I am not loosing sleep over it. smile.gif

#31 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 06:23 PM

QUOTE (Moran @ Jun 9 2009, 05:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well put.... My whole beef with DST is their lack of commitment to providing quality customer service.

I'll tell you, I work for the second largest bank in Canada, and the leader in superior banking customer service, and if my staff displayed the lack of care devoted to their customers... well I'd be showing them the door.

DST refuses to provide us with updates, and if something is cancelled, they don't advise us.

We're all anxiously awaiting their products... we pay their salaries by continuing to buy their stuff, but how do they treat us? They give us cryptic responses and shadowy answers in their Q&A.

If I wasn't a completist, I would abandon this pathetic excuse for a company, just because of their horrible commitment to the customers.

DST actually provides pretty good customer service. They usually answer emails pretty quickly and are always willing to help out with getting you a replacement for a broken figure. The lack of communication with delays and updates is a fault with their marketing dept. They are the ones in charge of general updates and getting the word out to people about their products.

#32 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 09 June 2009 - 07:31 PM

ive had serious issues getting an email responded to by them lately

#33 Moran

Moran

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 09:16 PM

When I questioned them with several emails about their commitment to customer satisfaction, I think it took three or four emails in the span of a month. They finally wrote back to me saying that they were blocking my email address. Their reply times are horrible, and again I will stress that their Q&A sessions regarding Trek stuff is so laughable at times, that its just ridiculous.

#34 J C R

J C R

Newforce is my home page.

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 05:16 AM

It seems DST has become a company only dedicated to TOS. The only TOS figures I am looking forward to are Rand and Chapel. I used to be a completist but I have recently stopped pre-ordering and I really have not gotten my hopes up for anything else. I will not be buying anymore Kirks and Spocks. Just my opinion.

#35 weyoun_9

weyoun_9

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 433 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 10:07 AM

Agreed. Even though I have to pay a little more, I have gone to a site where I can pre-order by figure and have ordered Rand, Chapel, Salt Vampire, the two Seven of Nine versions (I don't need generic drones) and the Sisko/Dukat two pack on principle even though I know its already canceled.

I am very over Kirk and Spock. If they are going to stick to TOS...then I hope they at least start putting out new figures. Since they have Kirk and Spock from "Amok Time" and "The Enterprise Incident" maybe they can build on those ep's. Or, see my other post for more TOS alien ideas.

#36 Barney

Barney

Lives in the city on the edge of forever

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 08:22 PM

I agree with you guys, the cacellation of Sisko/Dukat was hard on me cause it was the best release of he year. The same can be said about Kruge and Maltz.
If DST is sticking to TOS I don`t see many more appealing characters. Maybe Harry Mudd and Koloth, but who would buy Miri instead of Janeway?
Maybe I`ll get killed by saying this, but as much I`m over kirk/Spock two pack, I think it would be preatty cool to have a piece of the action two pack.

#37 DS9_Fan

DS9_Fan

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 765 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 09:32 PM

A Piece of the Action 2 pack would be great. I've recently fell in love with TOS (bought all 3 seasons when I saw the new movie) and I'm fine with Kirk/Spock 2 packs. But that doesn't mean thats all we should get.

But There will come a time when DST release the 100th Kirk/Spock variant (a smiling Spock and Frowning Kirk maybe?? wink.gif ) and no one gets excited by it, and no one buys it. Theres only so much that we as customers will accept before we decide to spend our hard earned cash on other things.

I wish DST would see this.

#38 egoing

egoing

Toys before the light bill.

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 09:45 PM

QUOTE (JMW326 @ Jun 9 2009, 07:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
DST actually provides pretty good customer service. They usually answer emails pretty quickly and are always willing to help out with getting you a replacement for a broken figure. The lack of communication with delays and updates is a fault with their marketing dept. They are the ones in charge of general updates and getting the word out to people about their products.

Reading this and I did a double take. I have e-mailed DST at least five times about my defective TWOK Enterprise. They seem to be less than helpful and imho have terrible Customer Service.

#39 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 07:08 AM

QUOTE (Moran @ Jun 9 2009, 10:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When I questioned them with several emails about their commitment to customer satisfaction, I think it took three or four emails in the span of a month. They finally wrote back to me saying that they were blocking my email address. Their reply times are horrible, and again I will stress that their Q&A sessions regarding Trek stuff is so laughable at times, that its just ridiculous.

By reading this reply I can only imagine what was written in the emails where you questioned "their commitment to customer satisfaction" and I don't really blame them for blocking or ignoring them. The same would have been done at every company I have ever worked for when a problem customer keeps writing in with the same thing over and over. But I believe that this thread was meant to discuss the Borg wave and it's possible cancellation so we should probably save the complaining about DST for the appropriate thread. I don't really think that DST will be canceling the Borg wave. They seem to have put to much effort into to them. Well at least the first wave. I doubt we will see a second wave and all the pieces to make the alcove.

#40 Moran

Moran

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 07:53 AM

My complaint about DST's commitment to their customer's has everything to do with the Borg line.

If they cared about what we wanted, they would address our concerns with the proper communications.

I'm sorry, but companies do not ban their customers from being able to communicate with them.

No matter how obnoxious they can be, the bank I work for would NEVER stop the client from contacting them.

Its the nature of the business... you deal with demanding and complex individuals... don't be childish and block their emails.

And no my emails were not vulgar... I just continued to drive the point through to them that their service was abysmal.

Seeing as how the Borg line was highly anticipated... removing it from the website without any sort of warning right on the week they were supposed to be released just goes to show how pathetic their communication to the customer really is. You notice that their Q&A in a while has not touched on anything but minimates? I'm pretty sure their Q&A inbox is swamped with complaints about the removal of the Borg line.

But hey... what do I know? I'm just a stickler for good customer service... seeing as how I live it with each of my customer's every day.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users