Photo

What are peoples thoughts on DST?

• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

Poll: What do people think of DST? (56 member(s) have cast votes)

What do people think of DST

1. Fantastic, couldn't ask for more (3 votes [4.05%])

Percentage of vote: 4.05%

2. Happy but could do better (48 votes [64.86%])

Percentage of vote: 64.86%

3. Could do better (11 votes [14.86%])

Percentage of vote: 14.86%

4. Unhappy, but some great items few and far between (8 votes [10.81%])

Percentage of vote: 10.81%

5. Shows potential but honestly are lacking a lot (3 votes [4.05%])

Percentage of vote: 4.05%

6. I'm done with DST (1 votes [1.35%])

Percentage of vote: 1.35%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#121 The_Donster

The_Donster

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,198 posts
  • Interests:OMG!! Clearly my hobby is getting away from me at the moment if anyone remembers the pics of my collection on the old AA forum. While mine isn't as focused as Mark's, it's start to rival his, lol. Long answer short, too many to narrow down.

Posted 27 March 2009 - 06:58 PM

QUOTE (knightone @ Mar 27 2009, 03:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Aren't you one of the people wno protests about their right to voice their displeasure with DST? Well, if that's so, then those of us who like the line and like the things DST have made have a right to defend them and point out the positives of the line as well. Is it perfect? No, obviously not. Then again, I've yet to find anything, anywhere that has ever been perfect. If people can find fault with high-end merchandise like releases from Master Replicas and they can even find fault with custom professionally made prop replicas as well, then a mass produced, sub-$50 release from DST is definitely going to have some faults. However, you will find that there are a lot of good things in the line and releases as well. At least I do. If you choose to focus on the negatives, then you will never be happy with anything you'll find. If you can at least weight to good with the bad, you'll probably find that DST has pretty good product with some problems here and there that are not uncommon in the toy world. Every line has one fault or another, every line has one weakness or another.

A lot of people work very hard to get these toys out to us. The least we can do is compliment them when something is right. But when something is wrong, it is better to be constructive with the criticism.

Well put Andy, well put wink.gif

#122 New Frontier

New Frontier

I know FHC by name.

• Suspended
  • 585 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek: The Original Series <br />Graphic Design <br />Star Trek 2009 <br />Model Making <br /><br />

Posted 27 March 2009 - 07:18 PM

QUOTE (knightone @ Mar 27 2009, 05:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Aren't you one of the people wno protests about their right to voice their displeasure with DST? Well, if that's so, then those of us who like the line and like the things DST have made have a right to defend them and point out the positives of the line as well. Is it perfect? No, obviously not. Then again, I've yet to find anything, anywhere that has ever been perfect. If people can find fault with high-end merchandise like releases from Master Replicas and they can even find fault with custom professionally made prop replicas as well, then a mass produced, sub-$50 release from DST is definitely going to have some faults. However, you will find that there are a lot of good things in the line and releases as well. At least I do. If you choose to focus on the negatives, then you will never be happy with anything you'll find. If you can at least weight to good with the bad, you'll probably find that DST has pretty good product with some problems here and there that are not uncommon in the toy world. Every line has one fault or another, every line has one weakness or another.

A lot of people work very hard to get these toys out to us. The least we can do is compliment them when something is right. But when something is wrong, it is better to be constructive with the criticism.

I deserve that right to voice my displeasure yes, the question is, am i stopping you from defending DST? Not in the slightest, and thats cool, i realize that you will have your opinions on DST, and to be honest, this isnt' about me trying to convert you to Playmates or to start a letter writing campaign to CBS to get another company doing these figures.

I want to suggest ways in which DST could improve, hence my recent topics, i want to voice MY opinion on DST without being told i am being repetitive - i find it rather repetitive when certain people sing their praises... Donster tongue.gif but that's fine by me, it might get a little annoying but it's your money.

I've not said that DST are all bad - i really love the looks of their Enterprise - D and the tricorders look great too, i have the communicator and thats fantastic.

And when they do something that i am genuinely pleased with, i'll tell them that. I hope i can tell them how good the Enterprise - D is.

so, what's all the hoo har about? tongue.gif

#123 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 10:22 PM

AS I see it, "Happy but could do better" is a runaway hit. That is all the answer I need to the question of the poll.

#124 egoing

egoing

Toys before the light bill.

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 07:21 AM

I don't think I'm having much luck with DST products. The E-Mail I'd sent them two weeks ago has so far gone unanswered. I would at least like an answer ya or nay if they could help me. I'm disappointed in the lack of Quality Control of their Star Trek roleplay/ships. The Phaser Communicator set I purchased was defective, from the communicator's moire motor working half the time, to the Phaser's self destruct sound chip fried right out of the box. Finally The Wrath of Khan Enterprise warp drive mold detail is chipped and shabbily painted.

#125 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 06:43 PM

QUOTE (egoing @ Mar 28 2009, 05:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't think I'm having much luck with DST products. The E-Mail I'd sent them two weeks ago has so far gone unanswered. I would at least like an answer ya or nay if they could help me. I'm disappointed in the lack of Quality Control of their Star Trek roleplay/ships. The Phaser Communicator set I purchased was defective, from the communicator's moire motor working half the time, to the Phaser's self destruct sound chip fried right out of the box. Finally The Wrath of Khan Enterprise warp drive mold detail is chipped and shabbily painted.

I've purchased DST product that was defective, and I've always just returned it to the place I bought it... most recently I returned a phaser that I felt was defective. I purchased it at TRU and they promptly replaced it. I test the new one right there and it functioned correctly.

I've also returned items to e-tailers like AFX or NFC, as well as DST. Have you tried returning the product to the retailer that sold it to you? (that is if you can?)

Heck, even Rod.com has exchanged stuff for me...

#126 TLAMGUY

TLAMGUY

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 131 posts
  • Interests:Blowing stuff up and collecting TOS Trek

Posted 29 March 2009 - 12:31 AM

QUOTE (Trek Forever @ Feb 18 2009, 02:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LOL these are the very same types of posts that I was reading 4 years ago over at the AA forum. We must have had it good, and we didn't even know it!! Funny how the memory plays tricks like that, the past is always warm and fuzzy! The good old days weren't always so good.

Not that I'm a frequent flier anymore or anything, but when I read your post I had a "Kung Fu" flashback to the old AA board days.  At least IP numbers aren't being traced and anonymous users identified as this person or that person, adhoc tribunals and banishment's for life.  Talk about off topic.

Speaking of off topic, please indulge me as I wander for a moment.  It's nice to see that while the passion is still as hot as ever, the discourse is more reserved and humane.  As many have pointed out, sometimes we just agree to disagree or move on.  However, the same old aspect of quality or selection versus personal preference seems to rule the day.  I agree that feedback is essential toward making things better or letting manufacturers know what we want.  Does it always work?  Nah.  But as Yoda said:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users