Photo

Captain America WARNING SPOILER!!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 02:14 PM

This is all over the news and newspapers and web so I didn't realy see a need for spoilers.

Captain America is dead.
In case any of you have missed the news. Marvel Comics has killed off one of thier oldest and biggest characters in the latest issue of Captain America. Here is an article.

I know it is a comic book but I see this as bad form. I wasn't to happy when DC did this to Superman back in the 90's but there is just something not right about killing off Captain America.

#2 Hirogen

Hirogen

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 03:20 PM

QUOTE(JMW326 @ Mar 7 2007, 01:14 PM) View Post

This is all over the news and newspapers and web so I didn't realy see a need for spoilers.

Captain America is dead.
In case any of you have missed the news. Marvel Comics has killed off one of thier oldest and biggest characters in the latest issue of Captain America. Here is an article.
I know it is a comic book but I see this as bad form. I wasn't to happy when DC did this to Superman back in the 90's but there is just something not right about killing off Captain America.

How long will it take Marvel to bring him back?

#3 pickard

pickard

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 03:47 PM

QUOTE(The Green Lantern @ Mar 7 2007, 04:20 PM) View Post

How long will it take Marvel to bring him back?

This thread could really use a more spoiler-friendly title.

#4 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 03:49 PM

They say that it is not impossible or for him to come back in some form or fashion down the road but they did not want to treat this like so many others where he just comes back one day.

#5 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 03:51 PM

I would have if it hadn't been all over every media outlet that I have looked at and listened to today. So it is not realy a spoiler but more just news.

#6 Chalksquared

Chalksquared

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 812 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, performing (on stage), drawing, and collecting anything (24th century) Trek.

Posted 07 March 2007 - 06:59 PM

QUOTE(JMW326 @ Mar 7 2007, 04:49 PM) View Post

They say that it is not impossible or for him to come back in some form or fashion down the road but they did not want to treat this like so many others where he just comes back one day.

Please! Who has stayed dead in the Marvel universe?!? How many times has Jean Grey died and returned? Madelyn Pryor? Professor X? Psylocke?!? In a few years he'll be back and we'll find out it was a Skrull impersonator or something silly like that.

Not that I even read any Marvel books anymore, but seriously... who hasn't died in the Marvel universe?

#7 Picard5

Picard5

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 08:04 PM

I am suprised by this. First Spider-Man, Marvel U as a whole and now Cap. Tis a sad day in comicdom.

#8 The_Donster

The_Donster

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,198 posts
  • Interests:OMG!! Clearly my hobby is getting away from me at the moment if anyone remembers the pics of my collection on the old AA forum. While mine isn't as focused as Mark's, it's start to rival his, lol. Long answer short, too many to narrow down.

Posted 08 March 2007 - 04:35 PM

QUOTE(pickard @ Mar 7 2007, 01:47 PM) View Post

Considering my wife came home and said, "So I hear they killed Captain America" Pickard, I don't see this as any big secret tongue.gif laugh.gif Since I think I know the deal with this already, I'm not taking the death too seriously smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users