BBC's The Eleventh Hour

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 The_Donster

The_Donster

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,198 posts
  • Interests:OMG!! Clearly my hobby is getting away from me at the moment if anyone remembers the pics of my collection on the old AA forum. While mine isn't as focused as Mark's, it's start to rival his, lol. Long answer short, too many to narrow down.

Posted 03 January 2007 - 12:58 AM

Not sure if anyone has BBC on their cable or dish provider, but I've been watching a show called The Eleventh Hour. It stars Patrick Stewart as some sort of scientist working for the government and kind of reminds me of the earlier X-Files episodes, before it got lost in all the mytho/arc storylines rolleyes.gif I think the Mrs. and I have watched 3 episodes so far and it definately sucks you in if you have a open mind about things. While I've heard rumors this hasn't been renewed for another season, I hope that BBC America continues to show these until the 1st season's end. Anyway, I would recommend anyone who has this channel, to check it out if you have a chance wink.gif

#2 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 03 January 2007 - 01:19 AM

Another cool one was Hex ... very Buffy-esque. It ran for two seasons and the BCCA has only shown season one so far. Season two is not showing until NEXT summer, and you wouldn't believe the cliff hanger they left the fans with!

I'll have to check out The Eleventh Hour. Thanks for the heads up Don.

#3 The_Donster

The_Donster

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,198 posts
  • Interests:OMG!! Clearly my hobby is getting away from me at the moment if anyone remembers the pics of my collection on the old AA forum. While mine isn't as focused as Mark's, it's start to rival his, lol. Long answer short, too many to narrow down.

Posted 03 January 2007 - 01:51 AM

Yeah, the Mrs. was instantly hooked on Hex. It took me awhile to get into it and then they yanked it for a bit. Now we're playing catch up on the show, since we left off with Cassie being knocked up. I definately see some of similiarities when it comes to Buffy, except it's witches, lol. Definately some interesting sci fi coming out of the UK.

#4 ECH

ECH

Newforce is my home page.

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 10:59 AM

I managed to see it when it first aired here in Britain on ITV1. It hasn't been re-newed due to the lack of ratings I believe (that might not have been a problem if the BBC had actually produced the show).

I found it throughly enjoyable too. Not the usual thing you see on British telly, the whole atmosphere of it was quite intense. More than anything I just liked the premise of the show - government scientist battles rogue science and scientists.

Now that might not sound like much but it was executed so beautifully. Plus Patrick Stewart can carry anything off.

#5 JulesLuvsShinzon

JulesLuvsShinzon

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,101 posts
  • Interests:Collecting Art Asylum 7" Star trek action figures.

Star trek & writing fan fiction.

Posted 06 January 2007 - 12:06 PM

Yes, I enjoyed this very much and was disappointed that it wasn't commissioned for a second series. I did find myself wishing that Patrick's scientist could team up with the excellent Dr John Fleming as portrayed by Tom Hardy in BBC4's A for Andromeda. They would make a kick-ass team...actually, Fleming deserves a series of his own.

#6 Matty-lad

Matty-lad

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 09:51 AM

Hey all,

This series was excellent in my eyes. I watched every episode and thoroughly enjoyed it. I just wish someone would release it on DVD. Hopefully if it is doing well in America then we'll see a Region 1 release.

Hex as well was excellent. The DVDs are really cheap over here (the UK) so I am tempted to get them for my birthday.

Take care,
Matty-Lad

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users