• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 pickard

pickard

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 12:45 AM

Here's my Luke saber. I've got a couple Obi-Wan sabers, but this is the only one I made.

The original prop was the handle to an old camera's flash unit. The grips were windshield wipers from an old British WWII-era truck. The clip was added to the end of the cylinder to attach to the actor's belt.

You can buy kits to convert the old flash unit handles yourself. It was a fairly inexpensive project, less than $110.

#2 The_Donster

The_Donster

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,198 posts
  • Interests:OMG!! Clearly my hobby is getting away from me at the moment if anyone remembers the pics of my collection on the old AA forum. While mine isn't as focused as Mark's, it's start to rival his, lol. Long answer short, too many to narrow down.

Posted 19 September 2006 - 11:45 AM

That looks sweet Pickard, I'm envious. I wish I could find a community that does Batman props, of course my wife wouldn't because I would be going broke picking up cool things to eventually put in our family room tongue.gif I want it to eventually look like the Batcave, but that's several home improvements down the road laugh.gif Anyway, thanks for sharing, I'm not sure I have the patience to do this myself, the wife maybe, me probable not sad.gif

#3 ECH

ECH

Newforce is my home page.

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 05:51 PM

Thats an ambisious project, Donster, turning on of your rooms into a batcave! smile.gif

Great work pickard with the lightsaber. You'd think it was straight off the set, which is the whole point... mellow.gif

#4 hunky_artist

hunky_artist

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 03:54 PM

scroll down and there's a section on superhero props... i'm sure if you look through it all, or if not see what new pops up, something from batman will appear smile.gif

http://p082.ezboard.com/bpropreplicas

#5 The_Donster

The_Donster

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,198 posts
  • Interests:OMG!! Clearly my hobby is getting away from me at the moment if anyone remembers the pics of my collection on the old AA forum. While mine isn't as focused as Mark's, it's start to rival his, lol. Long answer short, too many to narrow down.

Posted 20 September 2006 - 07:52 PM

Thanks Hunky, and apologies to Pickard for sidetracking his thread wink.gif ECH, I'm hoping the project doesn't get to out of hand and no telling when I'll actually start it tongue.gif I have some home improvement projects that need my attention and I'm about 2 seasons behind on my outside projects rolleyes.gif Once again, apologies for sidetracking the thread Pickard smile.gif

#6 pickard

pickard

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 07:40 AM

No apologies necessary, Don. I've hijacked more than my share of threads. It's about time I was on the other end.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users