• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 25 December 2015 - 09:23 AM

So I figured we could have a thread for any stuff people may have received for Christmas. 

My girlfriend bought me the Imperial Raider from the X-Wing Miniatures game, and the Victory and Imperial Class Star Destroyers from Star Wars Armada. 

http://imgur.com/a/40iPM

She also got me 3 new Disney Infinity figures. Darth Maul, Darth Vader, and Kylo Ren. 

http://imgur.com/NVdWSWa

#2 Qcjoe

Qcjoe

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 674 posts
  • Interests:scifi,comics,actionfigures,baseball,football

Posted 25 December 2015 - 11:23 AM

My wife got me MP-11 StarScream transformer.  This is the line thats made to look like the original cartoon.  

#3 2thGuy

2thGuy

Lives in the city on the edge of forever

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 25 December 2015 - 02:14 PM

I got a lump of coal.   ;)  Merry Christmas to everyone on this board!  

#4 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 25 December 2015 - 07:26 PM

My wife got me a remote controlled millennium falcon quad copter and the first wave of DST's 7" ghostbusters select figures.

#5 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 25 December 2015 - 08:21 PM

My wife got me a remote controlled millennium falcon quad copter and the first wave of DST's 7" ghostbusters select figures.

How is the Falcon? I've heard it actually controls really well. 

#6 Prometheus

Prometheus

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 26 December 2015 - 01:31 AM

Got mostly practical stuff but I did get an Ikea Detolf display case and a nice size gift card to megahobby.com.... So I can get some of the models and supplies I need...

#7 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 26 December 2015 - 06:34 AM

How is the Falcon? I've heard it actually controls really well.

It controls great. One of the best I've ever flown. It's really fun.

#8 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 26 December 2015 - 12:42 PM

It was a Zelda Christmas for me this year

#9 VaadwaurRevenge

VaadwaurRevenge

Toys before the light bill.

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 26 December 2015 - 06:34 PM

So I figured we could have a thread for any stuff people may have received for Christmas. 

My girlfriend bought me the Imperial Raider from the X-Wing Miniatures game, and the Victory and Imperial Class Star Destroyers from Star Wars Armada. 

http://imgur.com/a/40iPM

She also got me 3 new Disney Infinity figures. Darth Maul, Darth Vader, and Kylo Ren. 

http://imgur.com/NVdWSWa

I also got the whole wave of x wing as I already had all the armada waves. Great pieces and hope to learn to play.

#10 Destructor!!!

Destructor!!!

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 08:03 AM

I got a book I already had, a Millenium Falcon T-shirt, a T-shirt with a potato and a box of french fries saying "I am your father", a pair of Santa Claus themed boxer shorts, and a "voucher" (in the form of a written promise in a Christmas card) for €25 off my next plane ticket.

Woooo. Merry thingy...

On the other hand, this happened:

...Which is pretty much the best Christmas present I, or any other member of the human race, could have hoped for. I watched it live, and was utterly, utterly euphoric at the moment of touchdown.

Helicopter view:

#11 djc242

djc242

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 585 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 08:48 AM

^ That is incredible!

#12 WORF22

WORF22

• Members
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 08:47 AM

I got a lump of coal.   ;)  Merry Christmas to everyone on this board!  

You guys have it all wrong, it’s not what people got you. It’s all about what you got for yourself.. lol as for me I got 2 of the diecast Star Wars figs Ray and Captain Phasma, and one of the guavian enforcer from the black series. And I also picked up the dvd set se.1 DR. Who Christopher Eccleston. and that's how you do x-mas.  B)

#13 Destructor!!!

Destructor!!!

• Members
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 11:21 AM

Since my previous post, I got a late present of an Amazon Kindle. I bought and am rapidly reading "Seveneves" by Neal Stephenson on it - incredible so far.

seveneves.jpg

^ That is incredible!

Djc242, and anyone else interested by SpaceX's incredibility - That was them nailing their very first ever attempt to land an orbital booster on dry land.

Landing the boost stage of the rocket intact means that, in contrast to pretty much every other rocket ever (which the complicated psuedo-exception of the very expensive-to-refurbish Space Shuttle), it should soon be possible to inexpensively and quickly refurbish and refuel the rockets for future flights. Once the kinks in that process are shaken out, the cost of access to space should tumble, as, instead of paying 60 million dollars for the rocket every time (already a record-settingly low price for a launch in that class - 1/5th the cost of the closest domestic rival), you're paying $12 million for the expendable second stage, some number under a million for refurbishment of the first stage, and $200,000 for the fuel in the first stage.

SpaceX aims for 100% re-use of its rockets in the future, which could potentially lead to a 100-fold or more reduction in the cost of access to space. As Star Trek fans, THAT is why we should be excited about SpaceX - they're actively striving towards a science-fiction future in real life.

(Oh, and did I mention that the company's increasingly-plausible overall goal is to build and populate a city on Mars!?!?!)

In recognition of this particular booster's achievement, it is to become a museum piece once inspections and testing are complete, but the next recovered booster will be re-used.

SpaceX_ASDS_moving_into_position_for_CRS

There's another launch coming up soon with an attempt to land on an "Automated Spaceport Drone Ship" - aka a robotic barge at sea. Some launches will require too much fuel [because of heavy payloads or high orbits] to be able to reverse course and land back at the launch site, so ASDS landings are a necessary skill to perfect.
The last two times they tried it, they hit the target, but technical issues resulted in a "rapid unscheduled disassembly".

Even hitting the target is a feat of precision in the same vein as Tim Urban's "throwing a pencil over the Empire State Building to land on a shoebox on the opposite side during a wind-storm" analogy from my previous post's video.

This next launch will take place at Vandenberg Airforce Base in northern California, and is currently scheduled for January 17th at 10:42am local time. Launches are very sensitive to the prevailing conditions and technical issues, so that time may change.

SpaceX's official webcast site - currently, it's still covering that last mission, Orbcomm OG2, but it will update to the next mission, Jason-3, soon. For further details and delicious, nutritional, information, discussion and speculation about the upcoming launches and SpaceX in general, there's no better place than the SpaceX SubReddit on Reddit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users