• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Prometheus

Prometheus

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 11:42 PM

I Preordered the 3D BluRay Combo Pack w Phaser a while back.....  I just received a confirmation that my order is on its way. I'm interested to see the QMX "Hero" Phaser..... I hope its good quality.... I am upset that they divided the video extras onto the various formats..... how cheap can you get !!!

#2 Wildcard

Wildcard

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 12:00 AM

Agreed! I think it's more of an FU to the fans! 

#3 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 01:08 AM

Agreed,and that's why I'm returning the favor by saying FU to Paramount by not buying any version of the movie till they release a version with all the extras in one place. What?! I'm an extras person! LOL! OH,but keep those Transformers movies coming though,lol! Yeah,I'm cheap.

J-R!

#4 Guest_1701_*

Guest_1701_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 September 2013 - 03:10 AM

Pro, the phaser in the set isn't the hero version of the phaser, it's the stunt version with the added bonus of it being able to switch from stun to kill. A hero phaser is coming out next year which will have lights and cost around the $250/$350 mark and come with a more elaborate and robust display stand.

I do think it sucks and following Simon Pegg on Twitter it seems that perhaps he's not too happy either. I know Paramount aren't in the habit of re-releasing movies with added content and I think we can rule out an extended special features edition in the near future but hopefully for the 50th Bad Robot/Paramount do actually release a version with all the bells and whistles because one thing I love about owning a physical copy is that its something very special and with all the variations in casings, you would have thought that the retailer exclusives could have been packaging related rather than content related. The biggest gripe I have is that there's no directors commentary, that's a huge omission. It boggles the mind that industry believe people want everything digital now which isn't the case, especially with something as collectable as Star Trek so I think this was a huge let-down

But having said that, it's the film in really interested in seeing again and I got mine this past Monday and I've not been disappointed with the quality of the movie and I for one am happy that Bad Robot have changed the IMAX scenes so that it doesn't change aspect ratio.

#5 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 05:33 AM

but you can (apparently) see the best buy extras for free at the moment.

#6 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 07:48 AM

I Preordered the 3D BluRay Combo Pack w Phaser a while back.....  I just received a confirmation that my order is on its way. I'm interested to see the QMX "Hero" Phaser..... I hope its good quality.... I am upset that they divided the video extras onto the various formats..... how cheap can you get !!!

I'm assuming you ordered it from amazon? I haven't gotten any kind of notice for mine.

#7 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:17 PM

I'm assuming you ordered it from amazon? I haven't gotten any kind of notice for mine.

Alteran..... I did order it from Amazon... I preordered it when it was first announced.... They gave me a tracking # and its in transit from Kentucky....

1701.... Thanks for the heads up about the hero version.... I should have realized for 79.00 it wasnt the hero.... the QMX website states that the swivel barrel is spring loaded which is kind of neat on this version.

#8 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:48 PM

I also ordered it when it was announced. On May 19th. I'm assuming it'll ship soon hopefully.

#9 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:53 PM

I also ordered it when it was announced. On May 19th. I'm assuming it'll ship soon hopefully.

Wow.... You should contact them.... you deserve to get it on time !!!

#10 richpit

richpit

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 261 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek toys, Star Trek props, Star Trek stuff in general!

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:58 PM

I just ordered the Amazon phaser set today.  They say I should have it by the 16th. 

#11 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:10 AM

Then I'd rather wait for that cool sounding phaser,who knows.....I might even be Trekkin' again by the time it comes out,lol! And just wait for the real release of the movie that's probably coming down the road. I've seen the movie a few times,I want extras to go with it now. And yes,I do actually base my purchase of dvds or br's on how much extras there are. The more the better. But that's just ME of course,some people prefer no extras,for instance,and I understand that too of course.

J-R!

#12 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:41 PM

Well.... I received the Combo Pack today....Overall I'm relatively impressed.... One would assume that the phaser costs a person about 50.00 and the 3D Bluray/Bluray/DVD? Digital Copy is about 29.99..... So overall its a good deal.... The phaser is Polystone Resin probably dipped in various metallic shells...Its a bit cold to the touch which is cool. The barrel is spring loaded but its not activated by a button or anything which is kind of lame..... it spins into place.... but again for 50.00 its a good deal.....

Here are some pics.... The 3D Bluray combo pack has a lenticular sleave covering it showing the Enterprise falling in the atmosphere in 3D....

20130909_191122_zpsb7149bc3.jpg

20130909_191344_zpsa6fb329e.jpg

20130909_191843_zpse0d84a6b.jpg

20130909_194321_zpsdd2c87a0.jpg

#13 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:12 PM

20130909_210051_zpsf6437a4d.jpg

20130909_210010_zps6f3b77c0.jpg

20130909_210027_zpsfacd6873.jpg

#14 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:49 PM

What shipping did you pay for Prometheus?

#15 2thGuy

2thGuy

Lives in the city on the edge of forever

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:55 PM

Cool!  Mine should be arriving in a couple of days!!  Might be reason for a Trek movie marathon at my house this weekend!  

#16 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 10:13 PM

What shipping did you pay for Prometheus?

Alteran...I actually have Amazon Prime so I dont think they charged me much of anything for shipping. Im not sure what speed they sent it....

#17 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:52 AM

Alteran...I actually have Amazon Prime so I dont think they charged me much of anything for shipping. Im not sure what speed they sent it....

If you have prime you probably got the 2 day shipping. If I had the money I'd sign up for prime, it's a fantastic deal.

#18 tuvok47

tuvok47

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 651 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 03:57 AM

Is it just me or is there something weird going on with Pine's hands in the pic on the box?

#19 RizzoPSU

RizzoPSU

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 02:19 PM

Its photoshopped from the scene on the Klingon homeworld when they had the non-Starfleet weapons which had the finger guard on the trigger. Looks like they just replaced the top with the Starfleet phaser.

#20 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 10:09 AM

http://www.entertain...39#.Utv2nHPnYm8

I guess they weren't exclusive to amazon.

I'm guessing they didn't sell super well so now they're just trying to sell the rest.

https://store.qmxonl...lica_p_225.html

Even QMX is selling just the phaser.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users