• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 hcmv007

hcmv007

Action figure anonymous member

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 09:52 AM

Hey all, a couple of custom recipes for the 3.75 Trek Line. They only take a few minutes of prep time:

1. Helen Noel/Hannity from 2009 film

Recipe:

2009 Uhura Action figure
Padme Amidala Arena Battle from Star Wars
Insignia Blue acrylic paint (For Noel)
Light skin tone acrylic paint
Super glue
Scalpel (optional)

First boil and pop the Uhura and Padme heads. Shave or trim excess stem on Padme's head so it will fit in Uhura action figure. Next super glue the head onto Uhura's body. Next, paint the figure's arms and legs the light skin tone color. If you are doing Hannity, you are done. For Noel, paint the uniform blue.

2. Gary Mitchell

Recipe:

2009 Scotty figure
2009 McCoy figure
2009 Sulu figure (optional)
Brown acrylic paint (Flat)

So easy I did it in 5 minutes. Boil and pop Scotty and McCoy's heads, put Mc Coy's head on Scotty's. Next paint McCoy's hair brown and you are done. If you want to give him a gold shirt use Sulu

3. Native American Officer

Recipe:

2009 Scotty figure
A'Sharad Hett Star Wars figure from 2 pack
Optional-Insignia red acrylic paint

Simply boil and pop both heads, glue on Hett's head to Scotty body. Use paint to make him an ensign if you wish

4. Nurse Chapel or Carol Marcus

Recipe:

2009 Uhura body
Nicole Kidman from Golden Compass figure
Insignia Blue acrylic paint
Light Skin tone acrylic paint
Scalpel
Super Glue

Very carefully cut off the neck from GC figure. Once you boil and pop the Uhura figure, paiint the arms and legs the light skin tone color. Superglue neck stem onto Uhura's body and place the head of NK onto the stem. You can use her as either Nurse Chapel or Carol Marcus since the hairstyle is remiscient of Carol in ST2.

5. Captain Kirk

Recipe:

2009 Kirk figure
Hal Jordan pilot figure
Neck stem from any Star Wars male figure
Super Glue

I haven't tried this but boil and pop the heads of both figures, find a spare neck stem from a star wars figure and cut off the ball at the top and superglue Hal's head to it. Superglue the neck to Kirk's body and you have a better looking Kirk figure IMO.

6. Klingon

Recipe:

Nero 2009
Any Enterprise Uniform 2009 figure
2009 Scotty figure
Flat and Gloss Black Acrylic paint
Nero's disruptor
Male 2009 belt
Mix of Warm and Dark skintone acrylic paint

A bit more complex, but a good figure. First boil and pop the head and limbs off Nero and Scotty. Put Nero's arms into Scotty's torso-do not switch hands!. Put Nero's knees onto Scotty's legs- If you like you can skip this step. Next paint Scotty's skin the warm and dark mix, if you want someone like Kang use 60-40 dark mix, for Koloth 60-40 warm to dark. I used 50-50. Once paint dries, paint hair gloss black and add a goatee if you wish using gloss black paint or sculpty and then paint it gloss black. Paint Scotty's torso flat black, and once it dries if you wish try a dark tan but I found it looked too much like a gold shirt so I left it black. Take Nero's disruptor and place it in the phaser belt and place the belt on your figure once paint is dry.

7. Romulan (Non Nero style)

Recipe

2009 Spock Figure
Any Cadet 2009 figure
Insignia Blue acylic paint (flat)
Optional Color for Vest

Simple to do. Boil and pop Spock and Cadet's heads. Put Spock's head on cadet body. Paint pants blue and the vest and arms any color you like, I used a gloss ship gray to give a shiny TNG kinda look.

8. Khan-Recipe deleted

9. Admiral Pike

Recipe:

2009 Pike figure
2009 Cadet figure
Acylic paint-Medium Gray and flat white*

Boil and pop Pike and Cadet heads. Place Pike's head onto Cadet torso. Paint arms and legs gray, and since I find flat white runs too often use white and light skin tone mixed together. I leave out the gold piping but painting a gold arrowhead on the chest isn't too hard to do, but I recommend using a comic book backing board and cutting a shape on that instead of painting it on unless you have a steady hand and are a good artist.

10. Lt. Skywalker

Recipe:

2009 Sulu
Jabba's Palace Luke Skywalker from 2004
Superglue
Scalpel

Boil and pop Luke and Sulu and take off the heads. Use the scalpel to take off any excess stem from Luke's head, fit the head to make sure the neck isn't too tall. If it is cut a small piece to fit it down. Superglue the head to the torso and you have a Jedi on the bridge.

#2 Commodore Kor'Tar

Commodore Kor'Tar

The Great Tribble Hunter

• Members
  • 2,415 posts
  • Interests:Playmates figures and ships (90s era), Art Asylum and DST figures and ships , Galoob figures and micro machines .

Posted 09 July 2011 - 12:34 PM

Could you show us your work please? I'd like to see them. smile.gif

#3 hcmv007

hcmv007

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 06:52 AM

QUOTE (Commodore Kor'Tar @ Jul 9 2011, 01:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Could you show us your work please? I'd like to see them. smile.gif

I've only done a few, but will post pics soon. I have done #1 (Noel), #2, #4, #6 & 7, & #10. Working on #3.

Oh and I had a new Khan recipe as well:

Any 2009 Cadet figure
Han Solo from Princess Leia Collection

Simple boil and pop the heads off, glue on Han's head and paint his hair black. Safer and cheaper!

(I'd do this one but have no more cadet's to do them. Or Pike sad.gif )

#4 hcmv007

hcmv007

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 05:20 AM

I ma having trouble uploading photos so and they are so grainy since I only have my camera on my cell so it will be a while for photos. Does anyone have a good Rand or Carol Marcus suggestion for the Star Trek Movie 3.75 in figures? I finally got an extra Uhura coming in from ebay. Thanks!

#5 Tomparis

Tomparis

Newforce is my home page.

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 08:13 AM

Wow thanks for posting up this instructional. Im starting to get into customs and have just been kinda randomly trying things. Theres a few on there I could do now. Thanls again.

#6 hcmv007

hcmv007

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 06:13 AM

Your welcome; hope it can help!

#7 Lord Mudd

Lord Mudd

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 132 posts
  • Interests:Collecting 1/18 scale action figures: Star Trek, sci fi, and superheroes- Warhammer.

Posted 19 September 2011 - 09:15 AM

QUOTE (hcmv007 @ Sep 14 2011, 06:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I ma having trouble uploading photos so and they are so grainy since I only have my camera on my cell so it will be a while for photos. Does anyone have a good Rand or Carol Marcus suggestion for the Star Trek Movie 3.75 in figures? I finally got an extra Uhura coming in from ebay. Thanks!

Get a photobucket account. It is free. Upload your pics. Then when you mouse over the pic, a pop up menu will appear with 4 boxes. Click in the bottom box. It will say "copied." Then paste the link in your post here. When you upload the post, the picture will appear.

Someone on another site suggested for grainy pics-use a flash and lower your resolution. I use my camera phone. I find it adequate to the task.

CCC.

#8 hcmv007

hcmv007

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 05:54 AM

Thanks!!!

#9 hcmv007

hcmv007

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 06:32 PM

Got a new recipe

Janice Rand

What you need:

Yellow paint
Light skin tone paint
Uhura acton figure
Princess Leia Collection Bespin head
Super Glue

Directions:

Remove Uhura's Head and Leia's head. Cut off Leia's hoop braids so that the bun is all that's left. Paint hair yellow. Super Glue Leia head onto body. Paint Uhura's arms and legs with a light skin tone

#10 hcmv007

hcmv007

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 08:21 AM

In the process of getting a new camera, hopefully will post some pics soon!

#11 Matty-lad

Matty-lad

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 08:24 AM

QUOTE (hcmv007 @ Jan 7 2012, 02:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In the process of getting a new camera, hopefully will post some pics soon!

Hey,

Any luck with the pictures?

Take care,
Matty-lad

#12 hcmv007

hcmv007

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:04 PM

Finally got a smart phone, been testing pictures and will try to post some of the pics in the next few weeks. I will post Helen Noel, Nurse Chapel, Klingon, Romulan, Lt. Skywalker, Janice Rand, and Gary Mitchell (Gold shirt)

#13 hcmv007

hcmv007

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 07:03 PM

Having upload issues, will put up pics this wknd! Sorry for delay!

#14 hcmv007

hcmv007

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:38 PM

Ok I need help on how to upload photos onto the site

#15 Wildcard

Wildcard

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:35 AM

Honestly it's probably best to create a photo sharing account on something like flickr and just link it here.

#16 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:57 PM

Click my albums and create one. This thread has better instructions
http://www.trektoy.c...?showtopic=1884

#17 Morgan

Morgan

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 750 posts

Posted 07 November 2021 - 10:26 AM

Here's a very nice and simple Saavik custom figure I saw on eBay that actually doesn't require a ton of very intricate chance-taking, and can be replicated pretty cheaply, and looks great.

The body is Ilia, repainted appropriately to Wrath of Khan colors, with the major change here being the addition of longer hair, which is then all painted. The added longer hair simply joins up with the existing hair on the figure.

The other tricky and a little less obvious part here is that the neck has to be glued on and then joined a bit with some putty, as the head won't be movable, and then has to be painted in the skin-tone color.

The only thing I would have changed here is the Starfleet symbol on her shirt, which is a little too big here. It can be simply printed on decal paper, or it can be sliced off with a knife off another figure & glued on. But I'd probably go with a decal, to keep it from seeming too prominent. In the film it's quite a bit smaller. 

Also, I think canon-wise she may have been wearing regular boots in that sequence, but they were not seen in the film from what i recall. So it's a bit open-ended.

saavik.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users