28 replies to this topic

#1 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 08:04 AM

Hiya all!
First time poster....long time lurker! Just wanted to ask if anyone here's going to the SDCC this year? Could be fun to meet up or summat....sorry....something,lol! Question for Rick....are you and NFC gonna be there again this year? If so,would it be possible to ask you to bring certain items? I would REALLY love the TOS Enterprise,amongst other things. And Donster....hope you'll get back to me before July on the e-mail I sent you months ago,ROFL!!!! Anyways,have FUN y'all and c ya around! J-R!

#2 UFP-1701

UFP-1701

Once upon a time...

• Members
  • 665 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 08:37 AM

Hi Rob and welcome to the forum. I am going to do everything in my power to be there this year. I am going to try and talk Mark into joining me. rolleyes.gif

#3 eddey

eddey

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 04:56 PM

I'm planning on going to SDCC this year and already saving for all
the Trek items that are being offered! Not sure how I'm bringing all
the stuff back to Texas but I guess I'll deal with it after I buy them.
Luckily my friend is going to pick up throught out the convention
and take items I buy back to the hotel so I don't get stuck carrying
tons of stuff around all day like the last time I was there!

#4 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 07:16 PM

QUOTE(UFP-1701 @ Apr 26 2007, 08:37 AM) View Post
Hi Rob and welcome to the forum. I am going to do everything in my power to be there this year. I am going to try and talk Mark into joining me. rolleyes.gif

You had better start talking now!!

#5 The_Donster

The_Donster

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,198 posts
  • Interests:OMG!! Clearly my hobby is getting away from me at the moment if anyone remembers the pics of my collection on the old AA forum. While mine isn't as focused as Mark's, it's start to rival his, lol. Long answer short, too many to narrow down.

Posted 27 April 2007 - 02:54 PM

When it comes to picking things up at the con's Eddey, here's what my wife and I do. We get some of the boxes at the con, take them back to our room, box it up and send it via USPS. They have a FedEX Kinko's, but they tend to overcharge and it's a zoo. So normally, we use the Preview Night to scope out where all of the vendors are and plot our plan of attack for the next 4 days biggrin.gif Just a heads up if you are a Mattel or Hasbro collector, they have a tendency to lift their restrictions/lottery crap on Sunday. I've been able to pick whatever Batman/DC Universe exclusives the last 2 years on a Sunday. Another thing I suggest is checking your packages, SDCC usually has at least 2 of these and it helps alleviate the stress of carrying things around. Since we're big autograph fans, we usually only have a side bag and that's about it. Back to the topic of going though, not sure if the Mrs. and I are going this year or not? If we do, this could be our last year for a bit. As there are alot of things going on in The_Donster's household.

#6 A Chimpanzee & 2 Trainees

A Chimpanzee & 2 Trainees

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 710 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 09:29 AM

On the subject of the SDCC, DST's website now officially announces:

Plans for this summer’s San Diego Comic Con are firming up and DST is very excited to announce a STAR TREK partnership as sure to send fans running as a belligerent Nausicaan with a chip on his shoulder! Only available through Diamond Select Toys, Action Figure Xpress, Toy Rocket and New Force Comics, four exclusive 25th Anniversary Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan figures will be beaming into the show along with a fifth promotional figure – Genesis Khan!

Force Comics, four exclusive 25th Anniversary Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan figures will be beaming into the show along with a fifth promotional figure – Genesis Khan!

New Force Comics will offer the exclusive Dr. McCoy figure with online retailer Action Figure Xpress delivering an exclusive Scotty of their own. The exclusive Chekov will be available through Toy Rocket as their second exclusive release while DST will gives fans a chance to bring Mr. Sulu home.

so the question is, has anyone suddenly decided to go?

#7 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 07:00 PM

QUOTE(eddey @ Apr 26 2007, 03:56 PM) View Post
Luckily my friend is going to pick up throught out the convention
and take items I buy back to the hotel so I don't get stuck carrying
tons of stuff around all day like the last time I was there!

Also, incase you didn't know it, they do offer luggage check at SDCC for only a few dollars... you can drop stuff off or get stuff through out the day at no additional cost.

I'm only going for Thur/Fri this year... Last year Sat was so packed anyway I left early. I plan on flying in and taking the bus directly to the con on Thur and Fri I'll go straight from the con back to the airport, so both days I'll just use the "coat check"

#8 The_Donster

The_Donster

• Members
  • 2,198 posts
  • Interests:OMG!! Clearly my hobby is getting away from me at the moment if anyone remembers the pics of my collection on the old AA forum. While mine isn't as focused as Mark's, it's start to rival his, lol. Long answer short, too many to narrow down.

Posted 28 May 2007 - 06:29 PM

Yep, coat check is awesome and it's nothing to store them and much easier. Sadly, my wife and I have decided not to go this year unless a miracle happens and we win the lottery tongue.gif Unfortunately some things have started to snowball and I'm supposed to be starting a new job either before or around the time of the con. So it would be just a piss poor time for us to take time off from work, since I'll still be training or learning my job. Hopefully everyone gets to meet up with folks and finally get to know Rick@NFC's and his wife. Nice folks, as is Pat@AFX and his team that attends every year. If our plans should change, I will let everyone know that is attending.

#9 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 11:38 AM

All of you going to SDCC should get together for DST's ultimate hunt. You can find out about it here. I want to see team Trektoy win. I only wish I could join in.

#10 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 07:31 PM

I would love to go to SDCC this year as well, but getting the time off and money to line up together is a challenge. I would rather spend several hundred dollars on Star Trek collectibles than spend it on airfare and lodging. I was stationed in San Diego back in the 80's and it never dawned on me to check out conventions back then, how stupidly illogical i was then!

#11 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 08 June 2007 - 12:27 AM

If anyone does go, would they be willing to pick me up a Star Wars 501st Legion: R2-KT at the Hasbro booth, or however you get the exclusives?? I would be forever in your debt.

#12 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 03:23 PM

And while you are at the Hasbro booth a G.I.Joe 25th Anniversary "Pimp Daddy" Destro figure would make my day biggrin.gif .

#13 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 02:37 PM

"DST is excited to announce the celebrity Guest of Honor at this summer

#14 Tiberius

Tiberius

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 09:21 PM

I have asked before and I will ask now, since no one has replied so far...
Can anyone pick up the SheHulk figure for me, the one in attorney suit. and since I found out about it, the Dalek/Cyberman from Underground Toys too... I will paypal in advance for these...

#15 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 09:22 AM

Does Hasbro.com ship to Canada? Just in case no one can hook you up, if they do, typically Hasbro posts extra stock for sale on Hasbro.com

Switching topics a bit...

Any Idea of what other star trek celebs may be appearing at SDCC??

#16 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 04:11 PM

Well, before I start asking people if they can pick stuff up for me, is anyone planning on grabbing items for other TrekToyers?

I'll buy the TWOK set from Rick later on, but I will be needing She-Hulk & Stan Lee if possible...I don't think I'll bother with the chocolate Dalek or the injured Cyberman.

Anyway, if someone is willing to help us, could you let us know shortly so we can cash you up?? biggrin.gif

Cheers kindly.

#17 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 05:22 PM

Well, I'm going, but only for two days. I've learned that I enjoy these things best when I pack light, usually with an mostly empty carry-on with enough space to bring back what I plan to pick up. In times past I've picked up stuff for others and shipped it directly from the San Diego Post office, but with only two days, I doubt I'll have the time to find free boxes, pack, and ship stuff... and I won't have extra suite case space for sure! So unfortunately I won't be able to help anyone out.

I expect my suitcase to spend more time in the coat check at SDCC then it will at the hotel!

#18 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 23 July 2007 - 08:25 PM

Well, SDCC is right around the corner. I just read DSTs update on their webpage and got a little tingly feeling. New Trek is on the way! The Minimate Hunt sounds like a lot of fun! I am gonna go next year! LOL

Still wouldn't mind if a kind hearted soul would pick up an R2-KT at the Hasbro booth for me too! biggrin.gif

#19 The_Donster

The_Donster

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 10:57 PM

If I was going Slayerone76 you wouldn't even have to ask. Something to keep in mind though, you might check Hasbro's site after the con. As another member(*Cough* Gothneo * Cough*) pointed out recently, they have a tendency to pop up after events. Anyway, thanks to the new job starting a little later than expected, we've cut out the trip this year sad.gif I hope that everyone that attends has a blast though and as soon as I find the time to post the pics from last year, I will. Safe journies for all of the attendees.

#20 DST Trek Collector

DST Trek Collector

Newforce is my home page.

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 04:19 AM

Check out Sulu's phaser!!! Also i fully expect a signed version of the sulu after like uhura last year!
I'm glad the twok sdcc figs went on schedule! I'm really excited! It looks like they added a swivel joint at the thigh like on the original TOS figures that wasnt on the prototype.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users