Photo

DST BSG

• Please log in to reply
457 replies to this topic

#61 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 08:01 AM

You can see a pic of the previews exclusive Caprica Six at TNI. I like this one. I think the likeness is pretty good.

#62 DrHoward

DrHoward

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 08:56 PM

QUOTE(JMW326 @ May 3 2007, 09:01 AM) View Post
You can see a pic of the previews exclusive Caprica Six at TNI. I like this one. I think the likeness is pretty good.

Yes! That is the Six I want!

#63 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 11:00 AM

The latest Radical confidential from DST shows the articulation for the new figures. Some of them have 20 points. Awesome.

#64 DrHoward

DrHoward

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 03:01 PM

I know! And a new hip joint "designed just for this release"? To bad they didn't use that on the Trek lines so the crew could set better! tongue.gif

Action Figure Xpress has their exclusive Helo figure up for pre-order now!

#65 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 03:28 PM

DST just put up pictures of the Helo figure at their website

#66 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 02:07 PM

It looks like Helo is an AFX exclusive. I wonder if Newforce will be able to pick up any of these from AFX in order to offer as a set or if we will need to order form several different places.

Rick, any info on which ones you will be offering?

#67 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 14 May 2007 - 05:23 PM

looking at the figure I dont see the 20 points. Do we have any info on what 20 they are talking about?

#68 DSTMatt

DSTMatt

Toys before the light bill.

• VIP
  • 24 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 08:26 PM

The pictures you're seeing are of unarticulated prototypes. The articulation (all 20 points) is added later.

#69 The_Donster

The_Donster

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,198 posts
  • Interests:OMG!! Clearly my hobby is getting away from me at the moment if anyone remembers the pics of my collection on the old AA forum. While mine isn't as focused as Mark's, it's start to rival his, lol. Long answer short, too many to narrow down.

Posted 14 May 2007 - 11:46 PM

There you go kids, straight from DST's mouth wink.gif Like we're always trying to remind folks when it comes to some of the pics, most of the publicity shots are prototypes. Whether they are on a forum or online store, they are still the early shots of the figure to give the consumer a idea of what they'll look like. At this point though, I'm going to need a bigger house to display all of the cool stuff coming out this year tongue.gif

#70 Samwise Gamgee

Samwise Gamgee

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 01:42 AM

Here's the list of points of articulation from this year's UK ToyFair. smile.gif
http://www.action-fi...g2_itemId=57458

#71 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 15 May 2007 - 06:18 AM

So they will be pretty much articulated like the TOS figures. I think thats awesome! Those figures have a good range of movement while still retaining the artistic nature of the figure. Whe I saw that Helo figure I got worried because it looked like it had no articulation! This really is superior news.

#72 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 11:55 AM

QUOTE(thehsbr @ May 15 2007, 07:18 AM) View Post
So they will be pretty much articulated like the TOS figures. I think thats awesome! Those figures have a good range of movement while still retaining the artistic nature of the figure. Whe I saw that Helo figure I got worried because it looked like it had no articulation! This really is superior news.

They are going to be almost just like the Stargate figures with the addition of knee articulation and a new hip joint that allows for better posing while not messing up the sculpt. If you are a DST radical you can log in and see pictures of some of the joints in the latest radical confidential.

#73 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 03:46 PM

Protoype pics of Chief and Anders are up ar DST's site here.

#74 Samwise Gamgee

Samwise Gamgee

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 09:05 PM

Well, Diamond's site now has them as being released October 31. dry.gif

#75 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 06:31 PM

New pics up at TNI of the entire series of BSG figures.

And keep in mind that these are still prototypes that do not have the articulation cut in yet.

#76 gibbspaulus

gibbspaulus

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 01:59 AM

QUOTE(JMW326 @ May 24 2007, 01:31 AM) View Post
New pics up at TNI of the entire series of BSG figures.

And keep in mind that these are still prototypes that do not have the articulation cut in yet.

You know what? Unless I see some major shift in quality and accuracy in the finished product I am not buy these. I mean the likenesses of action figures can never ben spot on, but these are appaling. I thought the Chief was Lee in the first shots we saw. I am seriosuly disappointed with them and will really be holding my breath and wallet.

Still, with the TWOK, Cards Inc Harry Potter, Doctor Who, and the TAC Star Wars stuff maybe skipping a line is a good idea!

#77 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 12:35 PM

I personaly don't think they are that bad especialy since "they are prototypes" and to describe them as appaling may be being a little over dramatic wink.gif . Alot of the faces were done with scans of the actors (chief for one). The stargate prototypes did not look that great when they were first shown and the figures turned out pretty good. Since the same people that do the Stargate figures are doing the BSG figures I am thinking that the end product will turn out to look better than the prototypes.

#78 gibbspaulus

gibbspaulus

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 06:40 AM

QUOTE(JMW326 @ May 27 2007, 07:35 PM) View Post
I personaly don't think they are that bad especialy since "they are prototypes" and to describe them as appaling may be being a little over dramatic wink.gif . Alot of the faces were done with scans of the actors (chief for one). The stargate prototypes did not look that great when they were first shown and the figures turned out pretty good. Since the same people that do the Stargate figures are doing the BSG figures I am thinking that the end product will turn out to look better than the prototypes.

Well, I am going to stand by my appalling comments for now as I do feel that way. I didn't have this amount of trepidatoin with the SG-1 figures. But, as I said, I am waiting till I do see a production version before I kae my mind up to damn them.

#79 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 10:25 PM

I have only seen one episode of BSG as yet, but I am planning on getting into the show.

What has promted this? Could it be an action figure of a woman in a red dress??

Perhaps! biggrin.gif

It's one of my weakness'...I can't wait to get my red dress Glory from Buffy, & I was hell pissed when the N2 Toys Matrix 'Lady in red' was cancelled, along with the rest of the 3rd or 4th series sad.gif

It is rare to hear people liking these figures...95% of people I have talked to said the likeness' are terrible. There really are some odd aspects of the human faces that Jean St. Jean doesn't seem to pay particular attention to...as this fellow from BTVS figures was saying:

Eyes, eyebrows, lips & jaws I can kinda understand the diffiulty...but if you can't get a hairline right...God help you! For the record, I think he looks pretty good. The hairline is more a 'brushed' look, so it's probably not really 'wrong' as such.
I think sculptors should know a little something about the characters they are trying to bring to life. It would help with the expressions chosen.

Anywho...can anyone point me in the direction of a good BSG site so I can get filled in on the last 20 odd years of this show?

They're cooler than the red dress... laugh.gif

#80 Wildcard

Wildcard

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 01:09 PM

^Sam, what IS your facination with Women in Red Dresses? Envy perhaps? wink.gif tongue.gif J/K

Honestly I don't think that these figures look THAT bad compared to their real life conterparts. I mean you can at least tell who they are. St. Jean studios' Serenity figures were by far worse likenesses.

I do find it odd that they included "Hot Dog" in the over all lineup. I mean I know he's still a steady character in the series, but he doesn't get THAT much air time. If we get him and NOT a Billy, I will be sorely disappointed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users