Razor?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Chalksquared

Chalksquared

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 812 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, performing (on stage), drawing, and collecting anything (24th century) Trek.

Posted 21 November 2007 - 09:22 PM

Hey y'all...

If I do not follow BSG, would I be totally lost if I started watching Razor, or is it gonna be totally different since it is a different ship with no connection to the Galactica? Does anyone have any idea? It looks good, but I really want to see it because I love Michelle Forbes, so when I discovered she was in it (AND has an action figure coming out in January of her character) I got excited...

Just wondering if y'all knew or not...

#2 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 08:30 AM

It does have a connection to the Galactica and that part of it is going to be in this movie. It is going to span from the miniseries to when it met up with Galactica. With that being said; you should be able to watch it without having watched BSG before. It is going to have enough of its own personality and even some new characters that it is going to be its own thing. I would say difinate yes to watching it.

#3 Chalksquared

Chalksquared

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 812 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, performing (on stage), drawing, and collecting anything (24th century) Trek.

Posted 25 November 2007 - 02:42 PM

Okay... so I thought Razor was going to be its own series. Am I wrong about that?

AND I thought it was going to star Michelle Forbes, only to find out in the first few minutes she has been dead for awhile?!?
sad.gif

#4 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 03:23 PM

Ummm??? Yeah...
Razor is a two hour companion movie for BSG about the Pegasus. It was never ever advertised as a differnet series. And yes the character of Cain was killed by the end of season two. I thought that Razor was pretty good. It was great to see how things happened on the Pegasus form the beggining of the war.

#5 Chalksquared

Chalksquared

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 812 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 06:57 PM

QUOTE(JMW326 @ Nov 25 2007, 04:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ummm??? Yeah...
Razor is a two hour companion movie for BSG about the Pegasus. It was never ever advertised as a differnet series. And yes the character of Cain was killed by the end of season two. I thought that Razor was pretty good. It was great to see how things happened on the Pegasus form the beggining of the war.

Okay, okay... so I obviously don't pay attention to the commercials that much.
I thought it was good too, I was just saddened to find out Cain was long gone.

#6 Wildcard

Wildcard

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 08:53 PM

^Well she SHOULD have been gone longer than that. RAZOR really just proved to me how horrible that character was. Forbes did an amazing job acting wise, but the character was irredeamable in my eyes.

Anyway, Chalky I wish I had seen this before last night. I would have told you to wait to watch until you were caught up with BSG. I think there were parts that would've been fine for newbs and unfamiliars, but there was so much that you seriously needed to know beforehand to make the revelations and information that much more impactful.

#7 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 25 November 2007 - 09:42 PM

If I wanted to watch this where would be the best place to watch it? After season 2? After Season 3? Im just trying to figure out the chronology with it.

#8 Wildcard

Wildcard

• Members
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 01:09 PM

I'd say probably either in the middle of season 2 (right after Appollo is given command of the Pegasus) or after season 2/before season 3.

#9 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 01:28 PM

QUOTE(Wildcard @ Nov 28 2007, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd say probably either in the middle of season 2 (right after Appollo is given command of the Pegasus) or after season 2/before season 3.

Agreed. That would be the two best spots.

#10 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 28 November 2007 - 09:04 PM

Awesome. I havent started watching season 3 yet and heaven only knows when its coming out on dvd so this will fulfill my battlestar fix for now!

#11 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 07:02 AM

wow what a great show. just watched the extended cut on dvd and it was great. i really liked the character of kendra shaw. what kind of accent did she have?

#12 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 08:53 AM

Awesome. I am glad you enjoyed it. I am pretty sure that the actress is from Australia.

#13 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 04:40 PM

I figured as much.

#14 DrHoward

DrHoward

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 10:35 PM

QUOTE(thehsbr @ Nov 28 2007, 10:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Awesome. I havent started watching season 3 yet and heaven only knows when its coming out on dvd so this will fulfill my battlestar fix for now!

According to tvshowsondvd.com, the Season 3 DVD set will be coming out sometime in April 2008. Just thought I'd pass it along smile.gif

#15 Wildcard

Wildcard

• Members
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 03:00 PM

^I guess they're not going to do a "Complete Season 2" set then? I didn't buy the Season 2.0 and season 2.5 versions because I HATE those (which is why I didn't buy Farscape DVD's for a long time).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users