• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 08:10 PM

Just got my Locutus and found out that the armor is removable afterall.
You have to disconnect the wires with caution from the armor, then remove the head, put the armor aside, reattach the head and plug the wires into their places onto Locutus back... (see pics). If you want to change back, simply put the armor back on and plug the wires into their holes in the armor.

Back without armor:

LoT

#2 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 25 August 2006 - 12:23 PM

Where do you think they got the sculpt for the chest armor from? I have been looking at web pictures and cannot find anything that resembles it.

#3 LocutusOfTuborg

LocutusOfTuborg

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 468 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 12:33 PM

QUOTE(slayerone76 @ Aug 25 2006, 06:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Where do you think they got the sculpt for the chest armor from? I have been looking at web pictures and cannot find anything that resembles it.

Slayerone76,
here comes a screenshot... I think they tried to copy this... but then all the wires and the head are wrong...thats why I prefer the "non armor" version...

LoT

#4 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 25 August 2006 - 12:40 PM

^^ Thanks! Is that from the Ent-D battle bridge? I agree that the head is all wrong. If the armor is removed, then it is more accurate, but the chest armor does seem to match the picture.

I guess DST couldn't very well have had it both ways - head+chest correct for both looks. I do think it would have been nice had they made the more detailed head though, as the armor isn't easily removed.

#5 Captain Kidd

Captain Kidd

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 394 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 06:22 AM

Or DST could have made two heads to match both versions and we could choose how to display him.

#6 Gul_Macet

Gul_Macet

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 07:08 AM

They can sell a new figure with the retooled head so I can display him both ways!

#7 DavAnthony

DavAnthony

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 09:15 AM

I think they were going for a hybrid between how he looked in First Contact and how he looked on the t.v. show. The face armor is very similiar to first contact, as is the colors of the figure. However the armor itself is plain like the t.v. show.

#8 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 08:36 PM

QUOTE(DavAnthony @ Sep 2 2006, 01:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think they were going for a hybrid between how he looked in First Contact and how he looked on the t.v. show. The face armor is very similiar to first contact, as is the colors of the figure. However the armor itself is plain like the t.v. show.

HYBRID.....thats the word I was trying to think of the other day! biggrin.gif

I'm not a fan of these kinda figures...but it does not bother me at all with Locutus. He still looks awesome & has a sweet amount of wiring.

I think I'll display him with the armour.

What did the figure come with?

#9 Captain Kidd

Captain Kidd

• Members
  • 394 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 06:51 AM

QUOTE(Artistix @ Sep 1 2006, 10:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
HYBRID.....thats the word I was trying to think of the other day! biggrin.gif

I'm not a fan of these kinda figures...but it does not bother me at all with Locutus. He still looks awesome & has a sweet amount of wiring.

I think I'll display him with the armour.

What did the figure come with?

The figure only came with the Borg tool arm and stand. No accessories.

#10 gotham_knight

gotham_knight

Toys before the light bill.

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:Most things toys and sci-fi

Posted 12 January 2009 - 11:13 AM

Sorry to ressurect a dead topic.

I just got my Locutus and im trying to remove the armour but all im doing is damaging the paint on the back of his neck, i also cant seem to detach any of the wires around his head/armour.

Is there any easy way to do this without damaging him further?

#11 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 12:06 PM

QUOTE (gotham_knight @ Jan 12 2009, 11:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sorry to ressurect a dead topic.

We don't mind that here as long as its relevant to the topic.

#12 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 12 January 2009 - 03:03 PM

I did my Shatner verse Kirk and took off the armor. It might be easier to boil/pop the head, then remove the armor and put everything back together. I rememeber clipping one of the wires and just super gluing it back on. If I remember correctly it wasnt that hard once the head was off. Even if you just boil the armor it should be a lot easier to slide off.

#13 Scarlet Spider

Scarlet Spider

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 06:51 AM

I boiled and popped the head then removed the armor then used an exacto knife to cut the wires off the head, then I got daring and sliced the back of the armor so I didn't have to boil pop his head every time I wanted to change how I displayed him... hope this helps!

Also, there is another Locutus on the slate, so maybe we won't have to choose one or the other anymore... smile.gif

SS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users