116 replies to this topic

#1 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
  • Interests:"Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?"

Posted 11 August 2008 - 05:20 PM

Looks ike DST has some answers up on thier site! Here's the link: http://www.artasylum...08/08/dst-qa-1/

It's a shame looks like the AA forums are'nt coming back. Thank God I found the forums here at Trektoy!

#2 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 05:27 PM

We're happy that you did too. smile.gif

#3 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 06:26 PM

QUOTE(bgiles73 @ Aug 11 2008, 07:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Looks ike DST has some answers up on thier site! Here's the link: http://www.artasylum...08/08/dst-qa-1/

It's a shame looks like the AA forums are'nt coming back. Thank God I found the forums here at Trektoy!

Welcome aboard and we are glad you are here. We are thinking of starting a membership fee for this forum, mostly to replace the garbage truck that Mark burned up during his last company marshmallow roast. Just kidding and glad you like it here.

#4 A Chimpanzee & 2 Trainees

A Chimpanzee & 2 Trainees

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 710 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 10:14 PM

Interesting ... at least 1 2-pack from every movie.... if they only choose 1, I hope they choose wisely

#5 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 05:59 PM

QUOTE(A Chimpanzee & 2 Trainees @ Aug 11 2008, 09:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Interesting ... at least 1 2-pack from every movie.... if they only choose 1, I hope they choose wisely

So... that means at least three more Kirk and Spock 2 packs and at least one Kirk and Picard 2-Pack djparty.gif

Technically they can say they've already done a Nemesis 2-pack as well, so that just leaves 1st contact, Generations and Insurrection.

Hmmm... I wonder how they are gonna get Kirk into those last three 2-packs! roflmao.gif

#6 A Chimpanzee & 2 Trainees

• Members
  • 710 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 08:04 PM

QUOTE(Gothneo @ Aug 12 2008, 07:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So... that means at least three more Kirk and Spock 2 packs and at least one Kirk and Picard 2-Pack djparty.gif

Technically they can say they've already done a Nemesis 2-pack as well, so that just leaves 1st contact, Generations and Insurrection.

Hmmm... I wonder how they are gonna get Kirk into those last three 2-packs! roflmao.gif

It shouldn't be too hard to get Kirk into the Generations 2-pack, now should it?

If all we get is 1 2-pack from all the remaining movies, with I, II & III already spoken for, and assuming that we must have as many Kirks as possible:

IV: Civilian Kirk/White robed Spock
V: Captain's Vest ("Go Climb a Rock") Kirk / either Black engineering vest Scotty or Sybock
VI: Grey-haired Captain Kirk / General Chang
VII: "Chopping Wood" Kirk / Soran (oh the dioramas that could be created...)
VIII: Zephram Cochran / Lilly
IX: R'ufaolo (sp?) / Admiral what's-his-face
X: B-9 / D'enatra (sp? you know, that Romulan woman Shinzon threatened to kill that eventually came to help save the Ent...)

Actually, looking at the Kirk's, the only one in that list that I really wouldn't care for is VI Kirk. CW Kirk could double as Genesis cave Kirk if we headswap one of the TWOK's... and if we just headswap a CW Kirk with a TWOK Scotty, we get VI Kirk anyway. You could even repaint the vest black and get something close to the engineering vest Scotty out of it. I suppose that would make the VI pack Lt Valeris/Gen. Chang. Let the idle speculation begin!

#7 DS9_Fan

DS9_Fan

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 765 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 08:13 PM

Hey Guys, this was all discussed in another topic a couple of days ago. http://www.trektoy.c...o...=1832&st=20 It's about half way down the page.

#8 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 08:58 PM

yes he's right it was already being talked about at the link he posted.

http://www.trektoy.c...o...=1832&st=20

and like he said. about halfway down the page, if I'm not mistaken.

#9 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 12 August 2008 - 09:42 PM

Yeah, I left this thread open because it specifically addresses the Q&A. The other thread was more about the redesign and such. I am sure there will be a round two and on of the Q&A and this is a better place to discuss them.

#10 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 04:47 AM

Yep as slayer mentioned, I was just commenting on the Q&A.

#11 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 05:28 AM

QUOTE(slayerone76 @ Aug 12 2008, 09:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, I left this thread open because it specifically addresses the Q&A. The other thread was more about the redesign and such. I am sure there will be a round two and on of the Q&A and this is a better place to discuss them.

I see your point. Man I wish you had a twin bother. I'd make him a moderator too. smile.gif

I like the new Q&A they have. It's in blog form so it's easy and fast to update. I think what they have there is the way to go.

#12 onebuckfilms

onebuckfilms

Toys before the light bill.

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 03:28 PM

There's another Q & A:
http://www.artasylum...9/ask-dst-trek/

Good news on the WOK Phaser.

#13 DS9_Fan

DS9_Fan

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 765 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 03:39 PM

Yeah it's looking pretty bleak for Voyager though. Plus I asked if they'd do 24th century trek tek and that looks bleak too.

#14 Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 04:27 PM

I wouldn't really say it's bleak, they're quite prone to changing their minds or surprising us later. I'm sure if anyone had asked about a TWOK phaser a couple of years ago they would've said it was unlikely. I'm really glad though that they're open to a series 3 of TWOK, and if theres another wave of TOS that Chapel & Rand are very likely.

#15 QuePaso?

QuePaso?

Newforce is my home page.

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 04:31 PM

Voyager looks to only be yielding a couple of figures and no ships. Too bad.

C'mon USS Defiant!

Still not sure they want to release the Salt Vampire. Are they nuts? blink.gif

#16 A Chimpanzee & 2 Trainees

• Members
  • 710 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 04:36 PM

QUOTE(DS9_Fan @ Sep 5 2008, 05:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah it's looking pretty bleak for Voyager though. Plus I asked if they'd do 24th century trek tek and that looks bleak too.

I'm surprised that Voyager wasn't in their ship list. For all the crud that fans hurl on the show itself, Voyager the ship seems to be shown a lot more love. I'd buy 2.

Does make me wonder what they're top 5 are.

Defiant & Reliant is obvious from the Q & A... TOS Romulan or Klingon cruiser, or a Borg Cube???? Probably NOT the movie or next gen versions of either.

I still think a green glow-in-the-dark TOS Connie (i.e. "Tholian Web" Defiant) would be a cool toy. All they really need to do is re-cast their enterprise in the right plastic and add new decals for the Defiant. Heck, once they make the decals, they could produce a regular Defiant version as well ("In A Mirror, Darkly") Just from a toy perspective though, the glowing one would be cool. Maybe I should suggest it in a future Q & A?

24th century Trek Tek doesn't suprise me that they're not considering it, but it does sadden me. I'd like to get a better tricorder than the Playmates one, which, as I remember, wasn't all that great. Funny, I usually buy now 2 or 3 of every figure (1 to open, 1 to keep, 1 to trade), but I can't bring myself to spend $300 for a MR Tricorder.

It must be some kinda mental thing on my part.

#17 A Chimpanzee & 2 Trainees

• Members
  • 710 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 04:59 PM

QUOTE(QuePaso? @ Sep 5 2008, 06:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Voyager looks to only be yielding a couple of figures and no ships. Too bad.

C'mon USS Defiant!

Still not sure they want to release the Salt Vampire. Are they nuts? blink.gif

I'd rather they give us a Romulan... any TOS Romulan... than the Salt Vampire. (But hoping said figure would be Mark Lenard) Doesn't mean I hate the idea of the S.V., I just think that Romulans have made such a greater contribution to the Trek universe that they scream out for treatment of some kind.

#18 Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 05:25 PM

I'm really hoping their top 5 goes as such:

1. Klingon Bird of Prey (hopefully with raising/lowering wings)
2. Reliant
3. Excelsior (would be easy to convert to the Enterprise-B, at least easier than the AGT Enterprise)
4. Romulan Bird of Prey
5. D7/K'Tinga

QUOTE(A Chimpanzee & 2 Trainees @ Sep 5 2008, 05:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I still think a green glow-in-the-dark TOS Connie (i.e. "Tholian Web" Defiant) would be a cool toy. All they really need to do is re-cast their enterprise in the right plastic and add new decals for the Defiant. Heck, once they make the decals, they could produce a regular Defiant version as well ("In A Mirror, Darkly") Just from a toy perspective though, the glowing one would be cool. Maybe I should suggest it in a future Q & A?

Both of those would be awesome to get, especially the Tholian Web version. biggrin.gif

#19 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 05 September 2008 - 09:21 PM

Last time it was hate on the forum this time it was hate on Voyager. Its really freaky how all those questions seem to center around a theme. Im not sure but are all the questions submitted answered or only a select few? If its all of them being answered its freaky, if its only a select few then they are trying to tell us something.......Like Voayger is coming out next ToyFair using DST Logic!!

#20 Wildcard

Wildcard

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 10:48 PM

I hate that they've already got in their minds that IF they do get to do a VOY line that it won't be given a complete crew run. sad.gif

RE: The Salt Vampire....they keep coming back to that figure because most of the major licensing work has already been done. The reason the figure was pulled was issues w/ the tooling at the factory stage (IIRC it had something to do with the arms and breakage). Getting past the licensing stage is a HUGE and expensive ordeal so they don't want to 100% abandon that idea.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users