Photo

DS9 Figures Beam In!!

• Please log in to reply
444 replies to this topic

#41 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 10:54 AM

QUOTE(Nighthawk @ Dec 20 2007, 10:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh, and my Jadzia's left arm can't bend at the elbow. I tried heating it up as well and it won't work. If I try anymore, I know it'll snap off. sad.gif

There are a couple of other things you can try to get the joint to move. It sounds like it may have been put together before the paint completly dried. Find a thin piece of metal (like knife blade or nail file) and gently insert it the seperation between the two pieces (upper arm and lower arm). Then slightly move it side to side to free the paint. It may need to be done in severel places to fully free it up. always be sure to be carefull when using a knife blade though. It is easy not only to cut yourself but to cut through the plastic too. Another thing that works with some figure joints is putting the figure in the freezer for about 30 minutes and then try and pop the joint loose. Extreme cold will make the plasitc shrink a little and can cause the stuck paint to be able to come loose. It can also make it easier to use the knife blade method. It always sucks when you get a figure that has any type of flaw like that. I have had my fair share. good luck.

#42 Chalksquared

Chalksquared

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 812 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, performing (on stage), drawing, and collecting anything (24th century) Trek.

Posted 20 December 2007 - 11:59 AM

QUOTE(JMW326 @ Dec 20 2007, 11:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There are a couple of other things you can try to get the joint to move. It sounds like it may have been put together before the paint completly dried. Find a thin piece of metal (like knife blade or nail file) and gently insert it the seperation between the two pieces (upper arm and lower arm). Then slightly move it side to side to free the paint. It may need to be done in severel places to fully free it up. always be sure to be carefull when using a knife blade though. It is easy not only to cut yourself but to cut through the plastic too. Another thing that works with some figure joints is putting the figure in the freezer for about 30 minutes and then try and pop the joint loose. Extreme cold will make the plasitc shrink a little and can cause the stuck paint to be able to come loose. It can also make it easier to use the knife blade method. It always sucks when you get a figure that has any type of flaw like that. I have had my fair share. good luck.

I would think that we are a large percentage of the consumers of DST's Star Trek figures and we continually have these types of problems.
What can we do to prevent this sort of stuff and have them acknowledge something is not right somewhere along the line?

Nighthawk, sorry about your Jadzia. Same thing happened with my S7 Troi... and my S7 Picard... and my FC Picard...

#43 Captain Kidd

Captain Kidd

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 394 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 12:06 PM

Happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me ... just picked up a full set of DS9 Wave 1 including Odo. I was hoping they would come out on time for my B-Day. biggrin.gif Now I can't wait to get home tonight and rip them open. wink.gif

#44 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 01:16 PM

QUOTE(Chalksquared @ Dec 20 2007, 11:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would think that we are a large percentage of the consumers of DST's Star Trek figures and we continually have these types of problems.
What can we do to prevent this sort of stuff and have them acknowledge something is not right somewhere along the line?

Nighthawk, sorry about your Jadzia. Same thing happened with my S7 Troi... and my S7 Picard... and my FC Picard...

I highly doubt that. I know Rick said in a newsletter that he said he had sold over 7000 phasers and I dont realy see us as being the ones that bought that many. There are a lot of collectors out there that dont visit the forums. I think in the overall scheme of things we are actualy a smaller percent of the people that buy this stuff than any of us realize.

I see messed up figures from other companys like Hasbro and Matell All of the time. The only difference is that we get to pick over those and leave them on the shelf as oppossed to having them shipped blind. So there are always going to be problems somewhere along the line with certain runs. Especialy as long as companys continue to outsource to the lowest bidder. It is not soley a DST problem it is a problem with the industry in general.

#45 Nighthawk

Nighthawk

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 01:48 PM

QUOTE(JMW326 @ Dec 20 2007, 01:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I highly doubt that. I know Rick said in a newsletter that he said he had sold over 7000 phasers and I dont realy see us as being the ones that bought that many. There are a lot of collectors out there that dont visit the forums. I think in the overall scheme of things we are actualy a smaller percent of the people that buy this stuff than any of us realize.

I see messed up figures from other companys like Hasbro and Matell All of the time. The only difference is that we get to pick over those and leave them on the shelf as oppossed to having them shipped blind. So there are always going to be problems somewhere along the line with certain runs. Especialy as long as companys continue to outsource to the lowest bidder. It is not soley a DST problem it is a problem with the industry in general.

However, DST is really good with this. If they have them in stock, they will usually send the replacement. That's what they are doing for me for the Jadzia.

Also, I had to do this with almost all the figures from the DS9 wave so it's nothing new to me. It's just that Jadzia's was even worse and I can see the joint is the weak point and will break so I know that it won't come loose. Just remember that DST is really good with replacing defective products...as long as they have some in stock. They unfortunately couldn't do anything for me regarding the Uhura two left feet that mine has cause they don't have anymore sad.gif

#46 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 01:58 PM

Oh I agree. DST is one of the best companys for replacing stuff and I sing there praises on several other boards as well. I have tried getting replacement stuff from Hasbro, Mattell, and Toybiz with no luck at all. So I realy do Appreciate DST and the Customer Service team they have working there.

#47 Nighthawk

Nighthawk

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 03:35 PM

Hasbro requires you to mail the entire item back (they provide a self addressed stamped label to use though so it's free) but they put a disclaimer that an item of similar value may be substituted if what you want is not available. That's the only bad thing about them.

#48 bryan316

bryan316

Toys before the light bill.

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 23 December 2007 - 07:44 PM

Nice to see that these are out! It's sad that they kept the FC rifles instead of going with the "only with S7 Worf" type 3 rifle they used throughout the show.

#49 Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 23 December 2007 - 09:32 PM

The TNG rifle also came with Jacket Picard, IIRC. But yeah, it's a shame they stuck with the FC rifles, the only screencap I've seen of the FC rifle on DS9 has been with Nog carrying it.

#50 LocutusOfTuborg

LocutusOfTuborg

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 468 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 02:08 PM

Got my Sisko and Ezri Dax today...

Haven't opened Ezri yet, but I'm a little disappointed with Sisko.
Its simply the FC Data body, just a little better painted. (less glossy)
And the figure is much more in scale with the TOS series, then the TNG series... this means, no headswap with the Vest-Picard, to get a cool looking Vest-Sisko...
Siskos head simply looks too small on the Picard body, even if you only use the torso... sad.gif

Other then this, the figure is great.

Oh, one other small mistake:
The padd, the figure comes with (the same as the bigger 2 pack Troi/Riker padd), has the label upside down... so does the padd Ezri comes with...
...makes a nice "new" padd though.... hehehheheheh...

LoT

PS:
Pix will follow

#51 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 07:11 PM

QUOTE(LocutusOfTuborg @ Dec 28 2007, 07:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
PS:
Pix will follow

Looking forward to them LoT.

#52 reverie

reverie

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 06:48 AM

QUOTE(LocutusOfTuborg @ Dec 27 2007, 03:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
... this means, no headswap with the Vest-Picard, to get a cool looking Vest-Sisko...

That sucks.. I had gotten an extra Picard to do just that. sad.gif

#53 LocutusOfTuborg

LocutusOfTuborg

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 468 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 01:32 PM

QUOTE(reverie @ Dec 28 2007, 01:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That sucks.. I had gotten an extra Picard to do just that. sad.gif

Yep. Its a shame. Of course you can always try... and the head does look better then the Trials-Sisko-head, because its a little bit bigger, but nevertheless... still too small.

LoT

#54 LocutusOfTuborg

LocutusOfTuborg

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 468 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 01:45 PM

And here are the promised pictures:

The "wobble-head-effect" depends very much on the angle the pictures are taken from. But never the less the head is slightly too big.
Not having the Jadzia figure in my hands, I cannot say something about her head, but - from the pictures I have seen - it seems to be the same effect.

Hm? Did they use different caps on the show? I only can recall the "Niners" cap, with the spacestation on it and a baseball.
Clearly one of the caps don't has that logo and on them... Hiphip hooray, for a new DST mystery! wink.gif hehehehehe...

LoT

#55 data_2006

data_2006

• Members
  • 385 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek

Posted 28 December 2007 - 03:00 PM

QUOTE(LocutusOfTuborg @ Dec 28 2007, 08:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hm? Did they use different caps on the show? I only can recall the "Niners" cap, with the spacestation on it and a baseball.
Clearly one of the caps don't has that logo and on them... Hiphip hooray, for a new DST mystery! wink.gif hehehehehe...

LoT

Actually the other one is from the pikes fromtiers (if my memorie service me right) the cap was given to sisko from kasieday Yates who knew someone in that team.

#56 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 28 December 2007 - 03:06 PM

those pics did not assuage any of my fears about this wave. i am still going to have to wait till they are in my hands to make an assessment. Ezris head looks way too big. Im hoping its a trick of the light!

#57 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 05:21 PM

Nicole DeBoer is going to love those hips! biggrin.gif

Thanks for the pics LoT. They look ok, I quite like Sisko.

#58 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 06:20 PM

Thanks LoT!

I think Ezri Dax looks great! Not perfect, but good enough for me! Does her shoulders have the ball and socket or the hinged pin POA?

Cisco's head does look too small. I suppose it was done so that his base ball cap wouldn't look too big when he's wearing it...

#59 Picard5

Picard5

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 06:20 PM

Thanks for the pics LoT. Do you think you post images of the DS9 crew with the TNG Nemesis crew?

#60 X-Ray

X-Ray

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 409 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 07:18 PM

QUOTE(data_2006 @ Dec 28 2007, 01:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually the other one is from the pikes fromtiers (if my memorie service me right) the cap was given to sisko from kasieday Yates who knew someone in that team.

Yup, the Pike City Pioneers from Cestus III.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users