DS9 Figures Beam In!!

• Please log in to reply
444 replies to this topic

#21 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 12 December 2007 - 08:53 PM

The normal case of figures only includes Ezri, Jadzia, and Sisko. Odo as a PX Exclusive is not packed in the case from the factory, but in his own case. Rick can, apparently, get cases with the exclusives included. So Newforces' cases will come with Odo packed in ... I don't know how this changes counts in the case though. Just going off of what Rick said.

PS - What a freaking trooper! I email Rick at 7:30pm and he still responds to my emails!

#22 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 12 December 2007 - 09:27 PM

I love the accessories! Better than that look at the detail on them. all of them are fully painted and even have the little detailos colored as well. Im hoping that those heads are just a trick of the camera! Considering they are only essentially repaints with a new head sculpt, the added accessories and detail really distinguish the line from the pack!

#23 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 05:30 AM

Well I'm officially excited to finally see DS9 figures hitting the shelves!

I'm glad to hear that NFC is able to get a case allocated more to their sales model and that has to make a huge difference for his ability to sell through an order! I would suspect that he gets an Odo to replace one of the Sikos. For that matter there is no reason he couldn't get even packed cases to sell through his pre-orders since (I would assume) that most of his customers buy a set.

Also, I order from NFC not because they get me the new stuff the fastest, but because the overall price, service and quality is just fantastic IMO...

#24 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 07:28 AM

QUOTE(Gothneo @ Dec 13 2007, 05:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well I'm officially excited to finally see DS9 figures hitting the shelves!

I'm glad to hear that NFC is able to get a case allocated more to their sales model and that has to make a huge difference for his ability to sell through an order! I would suspect that he gets an Odo to replace one of the Sikos. For that matter there is no reason he couldn't get even packed cases to sell through his pre-orders since (I would assume) that most of his customers buy a set.

Also, I order from NFC not because they get me the new stuff the fastest, but because the overall price, service and quality is just fantastic IMO...

Well Said. That is why I buy almost exclusively from NewForce. The best service and prices around.

#25 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 05:14 PM

I like to buy from Newforce because we know them...I don't pay much attention to the prices.

Not that I get to order from Rick that often anyway.

#26 tuvok47

tuvok47

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 651 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 06:58 PM

Were the DS9 "Tribbles" figures in scale with the TOS line? If so, I wonder if they scaled up the heads and made them too big. That only works for Sisko though, ans maybe Dax who would have new hair (was the T&T Dax hair glued on? same head?) and Ezri is a new sculpt.

#27 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 08:39 PM

The T&T Dax head was to big too. it looked like a bobble head.

#28 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 03:08 AM

And no I don't think the hair was glued on, so I think they needed a new Head sculpt for Jadzia

#29 DavAnthony

DavAnthony

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 07:11 AM

Sisko I think I'll get but if Jadzia and Ezri heads are actually that big there is no chance I'm buying them. That is just ridiculous.

#30 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 10:41 AM

Ezri's head looks fine to me. It is Jadzia's that I cant get past.

#31 reverie

reverie

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 12:12 PM

I'll just jump in and say I can't wait to get these! I love DS9 (and Ezri wink.gif ) and they can't arrive to Rick soon enough (I'm being patient, really)! I was fine waiting until I saw pics... I'll probably jump in with the gripes later. lol

#32 Chalksquared

Chalksquared

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 812 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, performing (on stage), drawing, and collecting anything (24th century) Trek.

Posted 14 December 2007 - 01:21 PM

I was really hoping they would change the packaging on these DS9 figures. The packaging on the TWOK figures looks better because it is a bit more flat, but I don't really like the packaging they used for the TNG figures and now, quite frankly, I am sick of it. I wasn't looking for a drastic change, but something to set them apart from the TNG figures. Just a minor complaint I suppose.

#33 reverie

reverie

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 01:41 PM

QUOTE(Chalksquared @ Dec 14 2007, 02:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was really hoping they would change the packaging on these DS9 figures. The packaging on the TWOK figures looks better because it is a bit more flat, but I don't really like the packaging they used for the TNG figures and now, quite frankly, I am sick of it. I wasn't looking for a drastic change, but something to set them apart from the TNG figures. Just a minor complaint I suppose.

I'll certainly agree with that! I'm not a fan of the TNG boxes, they're so huge! But if it saves DST money (to hopefully give us better product!), I'm fine with it I suppose.

#34 Samwise Gamgee

Samwise Gamgee

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 04:34 PM

Looks like Odo will be shipping this week:
http://blog.myspace....logID=338922505

#35 Kassle

Kassle

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 03:09 PM

I'm disappointed by Jadzia thus far. sad.gif

She was my favorite DS9er, so if the pics on page 1 prove accurate...I'm bummin'.

#36 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 05:41 PM

Well, that's just one pict thus far Kassle, so while I share your Angst, I'm hoping that it looks better in person then it did in that picture!

#37 Kassle

Kassle

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 08:32 PM

QUOTE(Gothneo @ Dec 18 2007, 03:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, that's just one pict thus far Kassle, so while I share your Angst, I'm hoping that it looks better in person then it did in that picture!

I hear ya, Neo...although after the last few waves I can't say that I think the quality has gone *up* since the beginning of the line. If ya catch my meaning...

#38 Wildcard

Wildcard

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 02:43 PM

^Yeah, I think Ezri looks better than Jadzia. Do I remember that they were going to do a symbiont accessory...or am I confused? unsure.gif

Either way, I definately want these figures!

#39 Chalksquared

Chalksquared

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 812 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, performing (on stage), drawing, and collecting anything (24th century) Trek.

Posted 19 December 2007 - 02:53 PM

QUOTE(Wildcard @ Dec 19 2007, 03:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do I remember that they were going to do a symbiont accessory...or am I confused? unsure.gif

The symbiont accessory was going to come with the S1 version of Jadzia Dax... which sucks because I probably won't get the S1, but I would like the symbiont.

#40 Nighthawk

Nighthawk

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 10:26 AM

The Jadzia head doesn't look too big in person. In the pictures though, it looks huge. The Ezri eyepiece doesn't fit very well though. Oh, and my Jadzia's left arm can't bend at the elbow. I tried heating it up as well and it won't work. If I try anymore, I know it'll snap off. sad.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users