gotham_knight's Content

There have been 28 items by gotham_knight (Search limited from 27-April 23)

Sort by                Order  

#31158 DS9 Figures Beam In!!

Posted by gotham_knight on 20 January 2009 - 02:06 PM in AA / DST

QUOTE (BadBunnyMike @ Jan 20 2009, 08:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well like I said AFX Gave the TMP Uniform out with the TWOK Enterprise. and I didn't know it was through DST, I thought it was an AFX thing...

As for Costume Cards, they are exciting for people that don't collect the Rittenhouse Cards, but for us that do we have like pieces of like 4 of Worf's Uniforms.

Unfortunately i dont have any of the trading cards, i used to but got rid of them.

#31154 DS9 Figures Beam In!!

Posted by gotham_knight on 20 January 2009 - 01:52 PM in AA / DST

QUOTE (Jedigreedo @ Jan 20 2009, 07:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I noticed those at BBTS, quite surprised there wasn't more hype about it. You'd think it being Worf's costume DST would have been mentioning that left and right.

http://www.bigbadtoy...amp;mode=retail

Interesting, the version i have is red through. I wonder if theres any sort of rarity between the colours, obviously black would be more readily available.

#31153 DS9 Figures Beam In!!

Posted by gotham_knight on 20 January 2009 - 01:50 PM in AA / DST

QUOTE (BadBunnyMike @ Jan 20 2009, 07:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Was that from Action Figure Express? Because they did that with the Engineer's Uniform from TMP as well...

No direct from Diamond UK.

#31144 DS9 Figures Beam In!!

Posted by gotham_knight on 20 January 2009 - 01:37 PM in AA / DST

Sorry DS9 Wave 2 Figures.

"Own a piece of Star Trek history with this authentic costume card featuring Lieutenant Commander Worf's uniform as seen on Star Trek Deep Space Nine!"
"Guaranteed authentic, this costume was purchased during the Christies 40th anniversary Star Trek auction. Limited to 1,500 Pieces."

#31135 DS9 Figures Beam In!!

Posted by gotham_knight on 20 January 2009 - 01:15 PM in AA / DST

Out of curiosity, did anyone who opened a case get a costume card?

#30552 Resistance, is it futile with this one?

Posted by gotham_knight on 14 January 2009 - 04:00 PM in AA / DST

Maybe its the angle the photo of the prototype has been taken or just the way its posed but the head just looks smaller than it should.

#30545 Resistance, is it futile with this one?

Posted by gotham_knight on 14 January 2009 - 02:49 PM in AA / DST

Hmmm....maybe its the paint job on the head and the fact that theyve still got the same size hands as the original locutus (as they look a bit out of proportion) that puts me off slightly.

Ill wait and see the actual product before i make a decision for sure.

#30543 TMP Scotty

Posted by gotham_knight on 14 January 2009 - 02:45 PM in Custom figures

Thats looks fantastic!

Man wish i had some customising skills.

#30480 VOY Figures More or Less of a possiblility now?

Posted by gotham_knight on 14 January 2009 - 03:13 AM in AA / DST

QUOTE (Chalksquared @ Jan 14 2009, 06:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do we really need another Picard? Let's not repeat the 1,001 Kirk variants in the TNG line. wink.gif
I am guessing they won't do a human Picard in a Borg wave, but that's just my thought.

Some of us like Kirk, some of us like Picard....Kirk has just had more love...Picards turn now.

#30415 My Toysrus.com order just arrived...and the TMP 2 pack is...

Posted by gotham_knight on 13 January 2009 - 01:33 PM in AA / DST

QUOTE (Pauln6 @ Jan 13 2009, 07:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The standard pack has a bit more charm but Toys R Us version is a must of you want spare bodies for customs! I hope I can get hold of one...

Hmm didnt really think of that, im not a huge customiser...althought i am about to swap a Sisko body with the hands and head from a Picard figure to try and make the fabled First Contact Picard biggrin.gif

#30410 So I'm starting to watch TNG from the beginning...

Posted by gotham_knight on 13 January 2009 - 01:08 PM in Random thoughts.

QUOTE (sallah @ Jan 13 2009, 03:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, I'm halfway through season 1 now...I'm watching The Big Goodbye right now...Since I've always been a fan of Dixon Hill, I'm enjoying this one. Other than that, the only real standout has been The Battle. The real stinkeroos for me have been Haven and Justice, which were really rough to get through...

I'm chugging along.

Sallah

A lot of the early episodes are a bit meh, but then they have to build the characters personas up, it only gets really good once youve got to know the characters a bit better. I personally liked the first few seasons but the last ones are by far the best.

#30408 DST Answers to questions on AA site

Posted by gotham_knight on 13 January 2009 - 01:05 PM in AA / DST

QUOTE (JMW326 @ Jan 13 2009, 06:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was one of the people not happy with the first locutus. If this one is better I will pick it up.

Whats this? New locutus?

#30407 My Toysrus.com order just arrived...and the TMP 2 pack is...

Posted by gotham_knight on 13 January 2009 - 01:03 PM in AA / DST

Out of interest, what do people think of this verson compaired to the regular one?

I just got the regular version today and im not sure if i want the all grey set, just wondering what people opinions are?

#30404 Fleet Captain Kor'Tar reporting for duty!

Posted by gotham_knight on 13 January 2009 - 12:57 PM in New Cadets, report here.

Hi and welcome!

I just joined a few days ago and i have to say this forum is great!

#30342 In this time of economic downturns?

Posted by gotham_knight on 12 January 2009 - 03:04 PM in Random thoughts.

QUOTE (TheHSBR @ Jan 12 2009, 07:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
international shipping prices are very expensive right now for the average shipper so companies are also passing that along. To ship 4 figures to england moc it cost me right around $20. Toynk ...Ive ordereed through before and never received my product nor an email. I had to contact my credit card to get the charges reversed.

4 figures for $20 is a lot better than $30 for 1 though. Can i order from you? tongue.gif

#30331 Locutus with/without armor by LocutusOfTuborg

Posted by gotham_knight on 12 January 2009 - 11:13 AM in AA / DST

Sorry to ressurect a dead topic.

I just got my Locutus and im trying to remove the armour but all im doing is damaging the paint on the back of his neck, i also cant seem to detach any of the wires around his head/armour.

Is there any easy way to do this without damaging him further?

#30330 In this time of economic downturns?

Posted by gotham_knight on 12 January 2009 - 11:08 AM in Random thoughts.

QUOTE (FHC @ Jan 12 2009, 01:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Paperwork, forms filled out, got to pay someone to do that? Also you can have free boxes if you ship US by USPS but out of U.S., you have to buy your own packing and boxes ect...

Taking some guesses here.

To mail U.S. I can mail the box at any of 20 places in town but out of the U.S. must be done at the main post office on the other side of the city and I have to full out the forms. In the U.S. They will even pick up at my house if I call them and ask.

I understand your guesses as i do work for an online mail order company myself as well as a store, but i still think some of the prices are a little out there when it comes to reality even by putting something on top for staff costs. Shipping and handling is what its supposed to cover but i still think some shipping prices are over exaggerated to give a little more profit to the seller.

#30329 In this time of economic downturns?

Posted by gotham_knight on 12 January 2009 - 11:05 AM in Random thoughts.

QUOTE (DS9_Fan @ Jan 12 2009, 02:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Batson Toys is an ebay seller in the UK that has a few Star Trek items at really good prices. Check them out. And Play.com is great so long as you dont want your package mint as they send them out in jiffy bags. As an opener it doesn't bother me that the packaging gets damaged in the mail.

Ive contacted Baston Toys about combining postage on multiple items but theyve yet to reply to me, i sent another message today. I didnt even realise Play stocked the figures ill have to check them out.

And im an opener so some damage to the packaging doesnt bother me...i dont like keeping my figures in little plastic prisons biggrin.gif

#30316 In this time of economic downturns?

Posted by gotham_knight on 12 January 2009 - 06:36 AM in Random thoughts.

Ive managed to order the FC Data from CMDstore.com, i managed to get a friend in the states to accept delivery of it and they will ship it out to me once they recieve it. Shipping in the us was $7.95.

I dont quite understand how $7.95 in the US would become $32.95 for outside the US.

#30314 In this time of economic downturns?

Posted by gotham_knight on 12 January 2009 - 06:24 AM in Random thoughts.

Thanks for the info, i think i can order from them but the ugly postage rears its head again they want $32.95 for shipping to the UK...more than double the cost of the actual figure.

#30311 VOY Figures More or Less of a possiblility now?

Posted by gotham_knight on 12 January 2009 - 05:51 AM in AA / DST

I dont think 7 would look good by herself either and i dont want to re-create a scene from "Dark Frontier" with the borg and 7. Id rather have the Doctor examining her cortical implat or Neelix trying to offer her some snacks.

#30310 In this time of economic downturns?

Posted by gotham_knight on 12 January 2009 - 05:45 AM in Random thoughts.

Im glad, i just bought stuff on ebay from New Force biggrin.gif

The problem is the stuff thats not avaialable in the UK through retailers or web-retailers which force me to have to buy from ebay stupid postage people.

Case in point, i ordered from a site called Star Store who claimed they had some FC Datas in stock...next day i recieve the sorry we dont have that in stock email. I had the same from them 3 weeks earlier when i tried to buy a Locutus from them...i ended up buying the Locutus from someone in australia.

Anyone got any hints on where to find FC Data?

#30309 Hi, im new :)

Posted by gotham_knight on 12 January 2009 - 05:33 AM in New Cadets, report here.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

Hopefully ill become a productive member rather than lurking...i do hate lurking.

#30276 In this time of economic downturns?

Posted by gotham_knight on 11 January 2009 - 04:51 PM in Random thoughts.

To be honest id rather not say the sellers name just incase i open a can of worms.

But i have to say ive noticed a lot of retailers in the US listing prices as high as this for shipping to the UK, now i know a lot of retailers are also very wary of sending anything out without tracking which i can also understand as i work as part of a mail order company myself. I just cant see that the shipping prices quoted on some of these auctions are justified.

I could even see the reason for those prices if it was a large and heavy item that was ordered but $28-$30 for a 6"-7" figure is just a bit out there.

#30271 In this time of economic downturns?

Posted by gotham_knight on 11 January 2009 - 03:27 PM in Random thoughts.

Is anyone else finding it hard to expand on their collections due to the spiraling postal costs of retailers online or on ebay?

I currently am trying to fill out my DST collection as i had missed a bunch of releases, so ebay is one of my main outlets to get some of these missing pieces. However some of the shipping costs are a bit crazy for items coming from the US to the UK. I know that due to the change in the US $ strength against the UK