Photo

Which AA/DST Crew is your favorite?

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

Poll: Which AA/DST Crew is your favorite? (51 member(s) have cast votes)

Choose your Fav Crew

1. Ent Broken Bow (3 votes [5.88%])

Percentage of vote: 5.88%

2. Ent Away Team (3 votes [5.88%])

Percentage of vote: 5.88%

3. The Original Series (9 votes [17.65%])

Percentage of vote: 17.65%

4. Mirror Mirror (2 votes [3.92%])

Percentage of vote: 3.92%

5. The Wrath of Khan (12 votes [23.53%])

Percentage of vote: 23.53%

6. Next Generation (14 votes [27.45%])

Percentage of vote: 27.45%

7. All Good Things (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

8. Deep Space 9 (6 votes [11.76%])

Percentage of vote: 11.76%

9. Nemesis (2 votes [3.92%])

Percentage of vote: 3.92%

10. Other (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 data_2006

data_2006

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 385 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek

Posted 22 May 2009 - 02:36 AM

TNG, only crew that is somewhat complete by now biggrin.gif

#22 J C R

J C R

Newforce is my home page.

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 05:34 AM

DS9....even though it isnt even close to being as complete as I'd like. I'd be happy with one final wave with Major Kira, Jake, Quark, and Nog.

#23 Soongprototype

Soongprototype

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 08:39 AM

TNG all the way.

#24 anti-hero

anti-hero

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 08:57 AM

Kind of surprising that TNG is in the lead. I always figured it would be TOS. Altho, if you add up TOS, MM and TWOK then Kirk and co are pretty handley beating Picard and friends 2 (TNG, AGT, Nem).

#25 KirkPR1

KirkPR1

Action figure anonymous member

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • Interests:EVERYTHING STAR TREK

Posted 22 May 2009 - 09:02 AM

Love TNG, too bad it was just one because I also love TOS

#26 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 11:29 AM

With wave 5 TNG really got a boost on fleshing out the overall series, so I can see why it does so well. Most of the sets we've basically got just the basic bridge crew and no more, but with wave 5 we got Ro, Ogawa & Miles, plus with earlier waves we got Wesley, Q, Barclay & Lt. Riker, so we really have a secondary crew member for almost every bridge crew member!

I have to say, My TNG shelf is over flowing! I really need to come up with a bigger shelf just for it!

#27 Wildcard

Wildcard

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 11:50 AM

TNG because they're more complete

then TOS now that Chapel and Rand are forthcoming.

Followed by DS9 and Away Team ENT. Until those crews are completed, they won't be my favs despite them being the better waves.

#28 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 12:02 PM

No love for AGT??

It's a nice set IMO, but I wish we'd have gotten more B-Deck characters!

#29 Wildcard

Wildcard

• Members
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 10:05 AM

AGT things was an interesting choice, and while I like them, I think including a Ssn1 ("Galactic Cheerleader") Troi to finish out her toy line and also fit into the AGT line would have been a good choice. And a Yar figure would've been good too. wink.gif

#30 Doesitmatter

Doesitmatter

Toys before the light bill.

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 12:21 PM

Wrath of Khan. Not only is it the best movie (and the uniforms can carry from 2-6) but they're exquisitely done and an era Playmates never completed.

#31 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 06:50 PM

Another great thing about the TWOK line is that there are a number of easy (and fun!) customs that can be done to flesh more TWOK era movie uniforms.

You can make a pretty good set of ST:TFF/TUC of the cast!

So you can really cover 3 of the 6 TOS movies nicely!

#32 Barney

Barney

Lives in the city on the edge of forever

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 10:15 PM

TNG. Afterall, we got, Ro, Ogawa, Barckley, O`Brien and Q. If DST did not cancel Dukat and Season 3 Sisko or released season 3 Dax I`d have voted for DS9, no doubt.

#33 Alex

Alex

• Members
  • 926 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 05:06 AM

Went with Nemesis. Sure, many of the crew members were exclusives/hard-to-find figures, but I love those late-24th Century uniforms that were used on DS9 and in FC-NEM. The TNG figures are nice too, but I wanted an Enterprise-E bridge crew to go with my ship...now if only DST would do an Enterprise-E command chair with yet another Picard variant--I'd snap that up faster than you could say "engage!"

In truth, I'd like the Nemesis figures without the Nemesis stigma attached--why didn't DST just label them as being from FC-NEM? It wouldn't be deceptive, and FC was the movie that would've really sold these figures; sometimes I don't get DST's logic. Of course, the new "unified" Trek packaging could easily be given an FC-NEM branding if DST wants to get my money a second time on these. wink.gif

Runners up:

Deep Space Nine: My only gripe here is that there's so much more that DST could do with this line but they're letting their TOS fetish cloud their overall thought process and giving us just a couple of things here and there like Sisko + Command Chair. There's nothing wrong with said Sisko/Chair combo, but I want more. What would kill the DS9 line for me is if we never see a Voyager bridge crew, but we managed to get a really well-done DS9 line.

The Wrath of Khan: Much like the Nemesis line, this was a line that I really liked but that really hadn't been done before. The reason the NEM line beat it though was because there were some "Red Jacket" figures from Playmates back in the day which were in scale with the other Playmates figures, (unlike the FC figures which were totally out of scale,) and if I had to pick between the two, I'd take the Enterprise-E crew anyday. What's more, just DST made a dumb mistake by calling the TNG movie era figures the "Nemesis" line, they made a dumb mistake by calling the TOS movie figures the "TWOK" line. If they'd referred to these as TWOK-TUC I'd have been happier, and there might have been more hope for that Maltz/Kruge/Targ three-pack. In fact, that might be what really kills this line for me--if I'm getting the "Red Jacket" figures, I want Kruge (favorite Trek movie villain growing up before the TNG movies came out) to go with it. I also wouldn't mind David Marcus from TWOK and "dead" David Marcus from TSFS with Savvik mourning the loss of her comrade.

Honorable Mention:
Mirror, Mirror: This one's simple--it's an extremely niche line (one episode) that managed to spawn the first figures in the DS9 line. I'd have liked to see DST expand on their "mirror universe" line with the IaMD characters and whatnot, but I know DST doesn't want to touch ENT again, even if it's ENT stuff that people want. However, unless you're going to give me a larger mirror universe to put this crew in, it's only an honorable mention, but a very worthy honorable mention...or in keeping with the Mirror universe, would that be a "deceitful mention?" wink.gif

And finally...
Dishonorable Mention:
TOS Bridge Crew: ENOUGH ALREADY! We get it, DST likes TOS. You guys presumably like TOS. I like TOS. We all like TOS, but this is way beyond overkill, and trust me, I'm the type of person who would usually ask "what's overkill" when someone says they're going to release as many figures as DST has for the TOS line. My gripe here isn't that it's being done--TOS should be done, but rather, my gripe here is that we're on the umpteenth Kirk variant and probably an equal or similar number of Spock variants. We have TOS everything, but TNG and DS9 are getting shafted in comparison, and then we have the TOS movie figures which are also the TOS crew, even if they are retooled. Oh, and don't even get me started on the lack of a Voyager line, if DST put a fifth of the effort they put into TOS into releasing nothing but Voyager's bridge crew they'd still pull off a top-quality release. I have nothing against TOS, my complaint here is that this is beyond overkill and DST is making me sick of TOS by bombarding me with it. Playmates is doing a TOS line from the new movie now. I wish DST would give TOS a rest and work on something else for a little while, it'd be a much needed breath of fresh air. I'm sorry, but I have to get this out, I just feel like we're being bombarded with TOS merchandise lately.

#34 Matty-lad

Matty-lad

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 05:48 AM

QUOTE (Alex @ May 28 2009, 12:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And finally...
Dishonorable Mention:
TOS Bridge Crew: ENOUGH ALREADY! We get it, DST likes TOS. You guys presumably like TOS. I like TOS. We all like TOS, but this is way beyond overkill, and trust me, I'm the type of person who would usually ask "what's overkill" when someone says they're going to release as many figures as DST has for the TOS line. My gripe here isn't that it's being done--TOS should be done, but rather, my gripe here is that we're on the umpteenth Kirk variant and probably an equal or similar number of Spock variants. We have TOS everything, but TNG and DS9 are getting shafted in comparison, and then we have the TOS movie figures which are also the TOS crew, even if they are retooled. Oh, and don't even get me started on the lack of a Voyager line, if DST put a fifth of the effort they put into TOS into releasing nothing but Voyager's bridge crew they'd still pull off a top-quality release. I have nothing against TOS, my complaint here is that this is beyond overkill and DST is making me sick of TOS by bombarding me with it. Playmates is doing a TOS line from the new movie now. I wish DST would give TOS a rest and work on something else for a little while, it'd be a much needed breath of fresh air. I'm sorry, but I have to get this out, I just feel like we're being bombarded with TOS merchandise lately.

Hey all,

I understand the frustration here however as DST have said multiple times, TOS sells and the rest don't. I am in total agreement that the rest of DS9 and Voyager need to be completed, but I also see it from DST's point of view. Why waste time creating things that they are not going to get money back from (like Gul Dukat.)

Take care,
Matty-lad

#35 Dr. Crusher

Dr. Crusher

Newforce is my home page.

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 03:42 PM

This was a tough one for me, but I went with WoK. The figures were well-done, likenesses spot on for the most part, and I haven't even opened them yet, so something about the packaging must appeal to me. wink.gif And since we're talking favorite crews as opposed to, say, 'best made crews', the WoK crew is kind of iconic for me. I've seen the original series, but I watched the movies over and over again when I was younger.

TNG is my runner-up, mostly due to series 4. It took forever to get them out, even longer if you don't consider wave 4 'complete' till Nemesis Crusher was released, but series 4 gave me two of my favorite characters, Q and Dr. Crusher. But I can't say the TNG set is my fave even though it's a really good set- it's those wonky legs on Geordi (and I hear, Data as well, but I'm still trying to track him down.)

I'd put TOS next. They loose some points for the rubber shirts, but stick those on your shelf and even the people who get Star Trek and Star Wars confused will know- kinda- who they are.

I'd like to rank DS9 higher, but it seems really hit and miss. Odo was awesome, Kira not so much. Martok is awesome as well.

Bottom of the list would have to be the Enterprise lines for me, but it's nothing against the figures, it's just my least favorite Trek. (Except maybe the last couple seasons of Voyager, but I digress.) That said, I might've bought Archer if he came with Porthos.

I guess I'd put AGT somewhere in the middle. I like them, but there's something that feels... off about the set somehow. Mine's still incomplete. I couldn't bring myself to spend the money on the Geordi and Data two pack even when it was on uberclearance at Suncoast's going out of business sale.

Nemesis... Think I'm with Alex on this one, lumping FC and Nemesis together would've been better. Call it the TNG movie series. The AA Picard and Data look odd to me with the DST Nemesis figs. FC Data slots in okay, but to get the Picard I'd want, I'll have to customize it. DST loses points there.

I can't really comment on MM, only having Spock, Scotty, and Marlena, but those three are really good figs.

#36 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 07:45 PM

I went with the WOK figure crew, they were very well made, better i think than the multi colored yellow and red uniforms and height inconsistencies of the TOS crew, which would have been my number 1 if those problems were not there.

#37 weyoun_9

weyoun_9

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 433 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 10:08 AM

So, I voted for DS9 to give them a boost...even though without Quark the set will never be truly complete. If I were to rank them, I would have to say:

DS9, TNG, TWOK, ENT, TOS, NEM. I guess I don't really think of the All Good Things or the Mirror Universe characters as separate from their TNG or TOS lines. As a sidebar, this is my first post so this seemed like the best place to start. Greetings all! Thanks for all your posts and updates.

#38 Quadrotritacale

Quadrotritacale

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 09:46 PM

It's hard for be to choose because generally I prefer individual figures from different lines rather than lines as a whole. I've never bought a complete line, just most of my favourite characters from each line. Even though I only have one DS9 figure, I think that's the line I like most overall, since I'm a stickler for face sculpts.

I think many of the "Star Trek" and "Star Trek: The Next Generation" figures have poor and generic-looking face sculpts (particularly the Kirks, Spocks, and Picards, except the "Captain's Chair" one). Sulu, Scotty, and Chekov are okay, but I think Dr. McCoy and Kor are the only perfect sculpts in the "Star Trek" line. In the TNG line, I like Data, but I think only Riker is a dead-on likeness. I'm so disappointed by how they did Q. He's one of my favourite characters and I would have bought one if he looked better.

I think the best face sculpts I've seen so far are Gowron, Martok, Odo, and "Trials and Tribble-Ations" Dax and Bashir, so I give the vote to DS9 for having more perfect (in my opinion) sculpts in their line than any of the others, and also having so many cool accessories, especially with the Klingons and Sisko.

#39 X-Ray

X-Ray

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 409 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 12:17 PM

Whooo 50th vote!

Went for TWOK, those have been my favorite uniforms for quite a long time and DST really did them justice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users