120 replies to this topic

#1 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
  • Interests:"Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?"

Posted 26 March 2009 - 11:51 AM

Another big marketing push with the movie. Too bad DST doesn't get in on the action. Do a mail away figure or something!

http://trekmovie.com...vie-promotions/

#2 Commodore Kor'Tar

Commodore Kor'Tar

The Great Tribble Hunter

• Members
  • 2,415 posts
  • Interests:Playmates figures and ships (90s era), Art Asylum and DST figures and ships , Galoob figures and micro machines .

Posted 26 March 2009 - 03:54 PM

I'd think if a mail away figure were to be made promoting the movie it'd be from Playmates .

#3 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
  • Interests:"Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?"

Posted 26 March 2009 - 04:37 PM

QUOTE (Fleet Captain Kor'Tar @ Mar 26 2009, 10:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd think if a mail away figure were to be made promoting the movie it'd be from Playmates .

I was thinking they could do some Minimates to pop in the boxes. Have a little Minimates with your Miniwheats! biggrin.gif

#4 New Frontier

New Frontier

I know FHC by name.

• Suspended
  • 585 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek: The Original Series <br />Graphic Design <br />Star Trek 2009 <br />Model Making <br /><br />

Posted 27 March 2009 - 05:43 AM

^ DST don't own the movie rights and thank god they don't either or no one but us would know about it!!!

I hope these Trek items get over here, we constantly buy Cornflakes! lol.

look good tho.

#5 Whirlygig

Whirlygig

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 11:31 AM

I rushed out and bought a box of Fruit Loops that had a Trek badge in it, last week.
Most of my stores do not have the new wave of promotions in yet -- the cereals that will have Trek are most all still doing an underwater camera promotion.

The badge is ok. There is no way to attach it to your person, though, so I wouldn't call it a badge. It comes with a tab keeping the battery from draining, which you can reinsert easily enough after you've tried it out. As shown in the picture, there is a colored LED behind the badge's departmental symbol, which also emits light out of the tip.

I'll probably buy some more cereal this week in the hopes of getting the Romulan and Klingon badges. Not sure if I care enough to complete the Starfleet set.

What I would like to know is, can one know what badge to expect based on which type of cereal, or will all five randomly occur in all types? I guess if I buy another box of Fruit Loops, there is an 80% chance my question could be answered definitively...

//edit:
Also, I was surprised to find that the badge was inserted in the box OUTSIDE of the bag containing the cereal. Maybe that is how they do them now (I can't remember the last time I got a cereal with a free toy in it)....but it was unexpected. That at least means a person could buy a stockpile of cereal just to get the badges, without having to worry about eating all of the opened cereal before it gets stale!

#6 sallah

sallah

Herbert.

• Members
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 11:40 AM

Between me and my son both wanting sets of the badges, there's gonna be a whole lotta cereal at my house for awhile...

So far we have 1 each of the command and engineering badges. Anyone up for some trading if we end up with extras? wink.gif

Sallah

#7 Whirlygig

Whirlygig

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 11:47 AM

QUOTE (sallah @ Apr 2 2009, 12:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So far we have 1 each of the command and engineering badges. Anyone up for some trading if we end up with extras? wink.gif

I'm up for trading. Good use of this forum! But, you may not end up with too terribly many extras if you need 2 sets. Though I can personally imagine myself getting the same badge 6 times in a row with my luck.... =p

#8 sallah

sallah

Herbert.

• Members
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 02:02 PM

QUOTE (Whirlygig @ Apr 2 2009, 11:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm up for trading. Good use of this forum! But, you may not end up with too terribly many extras if you need 2 sets. Though I can personally imagine myself getting the same badge 6 times in a row with my luck.... =p

I have a feeling with my luck I'm going to end up with some doubles...but who knows... I'll post with my results!

Sallah

#9 Commodore Kor'Tar

Commodore Kor'Tar

The Great Tribble Hunter

• Members
  • 2,415 posts
  • Interests:Playmates figures and ships (90s era), Art Asylum and DST figures and ships , Galoob figures and micro machines .

Posted 02 April 2009 - 04:47 PM

I've been to about 5 of the grocery stores within driving distance in my area and haven't seen one Kellogs beam up badges box, Eggos plate offer , Poptarts movie pass , Flash Drive , or t-shirt offer. Are they just doing the coastal cities and skipping the "fly-over" states?

#10 sallah

sallah

Herbert.

• Members
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 05:03 PM

I've only seen the badges and the flash drive here in Cincinnati...I really want that plate....

Sallah

#11 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 05:18 PM

I haven't seen them yet either, but I suspect it takes a bit of time for these to get distributed around the country. I'm sure they haven't started going full steam on this promotion yet, since the movie is more than a month off. Give it a couple of weeks and we will probably be flooded with these things.

#12 Whirlygig

Whirlygig

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 06:09 PM

QUOTE (sallah @ Apr 2 2009, 03:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have a feeling with my luck I'm going to end up with some doubles...but who knows... I'll post with my results!

Well, poop. I just picked up another box of Fruit Loops, and now I have 2 engineering badges. DANGIT!
Sallah, did your differing badges both come from the same type of cereal, or two different types? If different, can you remember which was which?

#13 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 06:41 PM

The local grocer had some of these... I picked up a few boxes... now I have an extra Klingon one to trade...

I think I'll wait to get 5 and see what ones I need to trade for!

#14 sallah

sallah

Herbert.

• Members
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 06:58 AM

QUOTE (Whirlygig @ Apr 2 2009, 06:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, poop. I just picked up another box of Fruit Loops, and now I have 2 engineering badges. DANGIT!
Sallah, did your differing badges both come from the same type of cereal, or two different types? If different, can you remember which was which?

I am pretty sure it's totally random across the board, but I also got engineering from Fruit Loops, and I got Command from Frosted Mini-Wheats. I'm snagging a couple more boxes today, so we'll see what happens...

Sallah

#15 Whirlygig

Whirlygig

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 08:31 AM

QUOTE (sallah @ Apr 3 2009, 07:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am pretty sure it's totally random across the board, but I also got engineering from Fruit Loops, and I got Command from Frosted Mini-Wheats. I'm snagging a couple more boxes today, so we'll see what happens...

Sallah

I would expect you are right, but so far, according to the only data we have, 3 boxes of Fruit Loops all had Engineering in them. One is normal, twice is coincidence...is 3 a trend? smile.gif

Gothneo, what type of cereal did your Klingon one come with?

#16 sallah

sallah

Herbert.

• Members
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 08:35 AM

QUOTE (Whirlygig @ Apr 3 2009, 09:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would expect you are right, but so far, according to the only data we have, 3 boxes of Fruit Loops all had Engineering in them. One is normal, twice is coincidence...is 3 a trend? smile.gif

Gothneo, what type of cereal did your Klingon one come with?

Man, it would be a dream come true if certain badges came with only certain cereals, but I just don't see it happening. Guess I'll find out today...

Did anyone else open a box of Frosted Mini-Wheats? If so, what did you get?

By the way, I'm really glad I'm not alone in frantically trying to get this set together wink.gif

Sallah

#17 Whirlygig

Whirlygig

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 07:18 PM

QUOTE (sallah @ Apr 3 2009, 09:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Man, it would be a dream come true if certain badges came with only certain cereals, but I just don't see it happening. Guess I'll find out today...

Did anyone else open a box of Frosted Mini-Wheats? If so, what did you get?

Guess what, man? My Wal-Mart got the Trek Frosted Mini-Wheats in. I bought one. Sure enough, command badge!

#18 sallah

sallah

Herbert.

• Members
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 07:45 PM

QUOTE (Whirlygig @ Apr 3 2009, 07:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Guess what, man? My Wal-Mart got the Trek Frosted Mini-Wheats in. I bought one. Sure enough, command badge!

Very interesting! Maybe there is a method to this....Are there 5 different cereals doing the promotion? I went to wally world tonight and they didn't have any of the fruit loops or mini-wheats with the promotion left (which is odd since they looked like they restocked with the older disney camera promo). They did have apple jacks this time though...it had the Klingon badge! So this is what it looks like so far-

Frosted Mini-Wheats- Command badge
Fruit Loops- Engineering badge
Apple Jacks- Klingon Badge

Pleas post if you find something different! Or if you find another cereal with the promo!

Sallah

#19 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 08:02 PM

I got the two Klingon Badges in Froot Loops and my Engineering Badge in Frosted Flakes....

So three thus far...

I'll probably see if I can find some Apple Jacks and Corns Pops to round out a set of 5, and then I want to trade with anyone to fill out the set!

Oh and I guess that blows the statistics!

#20 Whirlygig

Whirlygig

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 06:52 AM

QUOTE (Gothneo @ Apr 3 2009, 09:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh and I guess that blows the statistics!

Well it could be dependent on where our cereal was processed & packaged. Maybe they took a huge lot of a certain kind and stuck it in a line, but were not instructed which to put where...
I am located in Iowa so mine are probably coming from either Chicago, Omaha, or Kansas City.
Kellogg's Plants & Bakeries Locations

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users