• Please log in to reply
232 replies to this topic

#1 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 11:38 PM

Is anyone getting the new Doctor Who toys? Time and Space Toys has them on preorder. Of particular interest is the sonic screwdriver. It's actually larger than the first season prop, but I read subsequent seasons are actually using the toy screwdriver body as the base for this iconic tool. So it would make a nice conversion into a replica prop.

#2 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 04:50 PM

I may but I have not decided yet. Some of them look pretty cool but am I really ready to start yet another collection?

#3 Tiberius

Tiberius

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 22 October 2006 - 02:37 PM

I went and stupidly entered the fold thru ebay. I bought the exlusive set of six figures (9th doc pack) and ended up paying more then I thought. When I was bidding, I thought the difference in Sterling vs. dollar sounded right, but when the bill came, it was almost $100. I was sure it was $70+range, but was I mistaken. Of course now if they come from Diamond catalogue they would be cheaper. If I like them when I get them I will continue the line...

#4 knightone

knightone

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 22 October 2006 - 03:34 PM

Please let us know what you think when you get them. I've only ordered a few sonic screwdrivers so far. I'm holding off on the figures until I know more about them., but I'd at least like to get a Rose and the two Doctor Regeneration set if reviews for the figures are favorable.

#5 AdyCarter

AdyCarter

Toys before the light bill.

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 October 2006 - 04:24 PM

Figures are good,have a few myself. Im impresed

#6 knightone

knightone

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 22 October 2006 - 05:24 PM

QUOTE(AdyCarter @ Oct 22 2006, 05:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Figures are good,have a few myself. Im impresed

What points of articulation do they have? Do you have any of the 12" ones as well?

#7 AdyCarter

AdyCarter

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 05:20 AM

I have a bunch of the 5" ones, POA vairy dependent on scupt but the standard is:

Knees, Thighs, Elboews, Shoulders, Neck.

Some have way more.

#8 knightone

knightone

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 11:30 AM

Cool, thanks. So they're not "super" articulated, especially for the size. But they sound similar in size and articulation to the Playmates First Contact figures. Wouold that be a correct assessment?

#9 AdyCarter

AdyCarter

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 11:32 AM

Yeah thats a pretty good assesment.

They're really well detailed and good likenesses IMO too.

My only gripe is they just keep coming out, and they love doing running changes and minor variants too... its a nightmare keeping up!

#10 knightone

knightone

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 11:39 AM

QUOTE(AdyCarter @ Oct 23 2006, 12:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah thats a pretty good assesment.

They're really well detailed and good likenesses IMO too.

My only gripe is they just keep coming out, and they love doing running changes and minor variants too... its a nightmare keeping up!

Ooh, another completists' nightmare!

#11 Tiberius

Tiberius

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 10:01 PM

What about the first issue Rose, she looked off in the pictures I have seen online, I think I like the series 3 purple figure. Is there a Tardis police box available? or who has one the right size?

#12 AdyCarter

AdyCarter

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 04:52 AM

The series one and three Roses are the same basic sculpt but with just a changed costume. There was an unarticulated Rose in the early Dalek battle pack that looked abysmal.

There is a tardis interior playset that is absolutely awesome, as for a police box itself they have made an electronic Tardis money bank that is inscale and can be connected to the playset to serve as the exterior.

#13 JulesLuvsShinzon

JulesLuvsShinzon

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,101 posts
  • Interests:Collecting Art Asylum 7&quot; Star trek action figures.

Star trek &amp; writing fan fiction.

Posted 24 October 2006 - 07:24 AM

I'm thinking about the kind of fun I could have with a Tardis playset! tongue.gif tongue.gif

#14 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 08:00 AM

Hey Ady, Could you post some pics when you get a chance? I would love to see some of these.

#15 AdyCarter

AdyCarter

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 09:37 AM

If I get chance tonight I can do you pics of both versions of the 10th Doc, a Cyberman, Krilitine and a Slitheen.

Sadly my budget hasnt stretched to the rest.

#16 AdyCarter

AdyCarter

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 01:37 PM

Here we go:

Couldnt find the other Doctor... These are actually all of my three year old Daughters figures (she LOVES Dr Who)

Apolgies for not rotating the images, Im using a borrowed laptop and it has very little software, and the pics are from an old camera phone...

I'll try to do some better ones if I get chance, however I suggest you check this site out:
http://newdoctorwhostuff.blogspot.com/

#17 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 05:10 PM

thanks Ady, those look pretty good.

#18 Hirogen

Hirogen

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 05 November 2006 - 01:51 PM

These figures are great sculpts. My only complaint is they are not in scale with DST Trek or my SG-1 figures. smile.gif

#19 Tiberius

Tiberius

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 05 November 2006 - 02:33 PM

So I received my multipack a few days ago, it has both doctors, first run Rose, K9, black Dalek and Moxx.
I like the sculpts on the guys, but really dislike the Rose figure. She looks a little stoned and one of her eye sockets is cut in deeply. I would like a bit of articulation that allows for them to stand up straight or "unposed" but that is something I can get over. Eccleson has a wide stance that seems too weird in my opinion and I would like to customize it with a new set of legs and arms, perhaps from long coat Tennant.
The Dalek is cool, Moxx is ok. I want to add these to my wishlist, and get them all. Definatly need the Tardis Bank!

#20 Tiberius

Tiberius

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 12:57 AM

So I was wondering, are the Hitchhikkers Guide figures the same scale as Who? It made me think of it, from rewatching the Christmas invasion. Doctor says "saved the world in my jamjams, sorta like Arthur Dent", well not exactly those words...
And how come no one mentioned that Torchwood has been on for the last month sad.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users