• Please log in to reply
209 replies to this topic

#41 michaelmotorcycle

michaelmotorcycle

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 12:38 PM

I decided to drive down to Baltimore today and I managed to get a Troi variant. She is in her maroon outfit and packed in a plastic bag. The packaging calls her "Season 3 Troi." She comes with a phaser, padd, laptop computer, and something that looks like a tombstone (I'm not sure what it is).

#42 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 10 September 2006 - 12:52 PM

How did you get one man? I thought they were only available to Con vendors.

I had a bad feeling this is what this figure was going to be. I am mighty disappointed that DST decided to go this route with her, but if you were able to get one ... maybe I can too. biggrin.gif

The tombstone looking thing is probably the Janaran Falls sculpter that Thomas Riker made for her. It was packed with one of the other Troi figures too.

#43 michaelmotorcycle

michaelmotorcycle

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 01:01 PM

I got her for "free" for spending at least $60 at the DST booth.

QUOTE(slayerone76 @ Sep 10 2006, 02:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How did you get one man? I thought they were only available to Con vendors.

I had a bad feeling this is what this figure was going to be. I am mighty disappointed that DST decided to go this route with her, but if you were able to get one ... maybe I can too. biggrin.gif

#44 michaelmotorcycle

michaelmotorcycle

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 01:03 PM

I bet you're right about the thombstone being the waterfalls. It does kind of look like that now that you have mentioned it.

For a short while, I thought maybe it was some sort of ink-blot test...

QUOTE(slayerone76 @ Sep 10 2006, 02:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The tombstone looking thing is probably the Janaran Falls sculpter that Thomas Riker made for her. It was packed with one of the other Troi figures too.

#45 jason

jason

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 01:43 PM

I will be using the first BIN option I can find on one of these.

#46 Goro

Goro

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 01:46 PM

Do you all actually LIKE Troi that much?

is that tombstone thing this
http://www.kujat-med...s_sculpture.jpg

#47 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 02:00 PM

QUOTE(Goro @ Sep 10 2006, 12:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do you all actually LIKE Troi that much?

That's not the point.

The point is that some people collect 1 of each, others may perfer that uniform over the others.

DST should make each version they release available so that fans can pick and choose what they want to collect.

It's one thing for a collector to have to pay allot of money becuase an item they want for thier collection is no longer being produced. It's entirly different matter to have to pay allot for something just manufactured.

#48 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 10 September 2006 - 02:59 PM

This might be a toy collector taboo question, but what is a BIN and how do you use it?

#49 jason

jason

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 03:02 PM

Its a Buy it Now on ebay but theres none up yet that I can find.
I really want one of these and I guess thats the only place Im going to get it unless Rick gets some. Could that be his announcement.

#50 michaelmotorcycle

michaelmotorcycle

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 03:03 PM

What announcement are you refering to?

QUOTE(jason @ Sep 10 2006, 05:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I really want one of these and I guess thats the only place Im going to get it unless Rick gets some. Could that be his announcement.

#51 jason

jason

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 03:09 PM

QUOTE(NewForceComics @ Sep 7 2006, 11:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hello all...
I am working on all right now, as well as a few suprises!...so, I may yet have some news to report in the near future about some offerings we might be able to have
rick

This one. That would be really cool

#52 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 03:25 PM

QUOTE(jason @ Sep 10 2006, 04:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OH! LOL After all the thinking I did, I was actually looking at all the BINs myself. Oh well, blonde moment for me there! wink.gif

#53 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 04:05 PM

I think an important statement was overlooked in the first post. Someone was given this as a gift with purchase at the DST booth. This is not a retailer-only premium. This was made available to any customer who spent at least $60 at the DST booth. This is basically what the MM Marlena Moreau was at SDCC and she was and still is quite available from AFX and New Force. The very same thing could happen with this Troi figure. So she probably isn't going to be as rare or elusive as people thought. There's a ray of hope here for completists. That's what should be gained from this thread.

#54 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 04:15 PM

Agreed!

But that Carded WNMHGB Fan Expo Kirk is looking a bit rare still....

#55 knightone

knightone

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 04:26 PM

Yes, at only 1000 units and selling out so quickly, it is probably the rarest of the figures AA or DST has ever produced. However, they've been going for around $40-$50 on Ebay, which isn't all that much considering how other rare figures (in some casess less rare than the Kirk) go for on Ebay.

#56 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 04:31 PM

QUOTE(knightone @ Sep 10 2006, 05:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think an important statement was overlooked in the first post. Someone was given this as a gift with purchase at the DST booth. This is not a retailer-only premium. This was made available to any customer who spent at least $60 at the DST booth. This is basically what the MM Marlena Moreau was at SDCC and she was and still is quite available from AFX and New Force. The very same thing could happen with this Troi figure. So she probably isn't going to be as rare or elusive as people thought. There's a ray of hope here for completists. That's what should be gained from this thread.

I agree knightone! There is a ray of hope for this one, slim still, but a ray of hope none-the-less. Lets see how things go!

#57 jason

jason

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 04:34 PM

I just hope Rick or Pat get some. I really want one of these moreso than the Kirk because its an entirely different figure.

#58 michaelmotorcycle

michaelmotorcycle

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 04:39 PM

What do you think the chances of seeing the Tapestry Picard sold in some manner or another?

QUOTE(jason @ Sep 10 2006, 06:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just hope Rick or Pat get some. I really want one of these moreso than the Kirk because its an entirely different figure.

#59 jason

jason

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 04:58 PM

I dont think the Tapestry Picard will be available because anyone can actually go out buy the dvd set and then turn around and buy the figure. I had to purchase the DVD set to get him. I think some place has the Q set for $20 right now so get one and send in for him. The shipping was like $5 or so if I remember correctly. I dont know if you can find one that cheap on ebay but thats the way to get the Tapestry Picard.

#60 knightone

knightone

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 05:06 PM

Best Buy still has the Q collective for $20. With the $5 shipping, it's about as cheap as you're gonna find anytime soon.

As far as the figure being "sold" anywwhere, technically that's not possible. It's a promotional give-away, so it can't be sold. However, if any stock is left over after the offer expires, they can be given away. DST can choose to mail the remaining stock out to Radicals or DST or New Force or anyone else can give these away with purchase.

The same is true of the Troi exclsuive. It can't be sold because it is being given away as a promotional gift, but any remaining stock can be given away in some fashion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users