• Please log in to reply
189 replies to this topic

#41 LT CMDR DATA

LT CMDR DATA

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 11:17 PM

that looks nice!! im looking forward to the regular D. after looking through the starship chart from the top view and the side view both the Ent-D and Ent-E are indeed in scale to each other. the chart shows the e-d is still the larger ship while the e-e is the slimer ship. can't wait to get it soon. cool.gif

#42 New Frontier

New Frontier

I know FHC by name.

• Suspended
  • 585 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek: The Original Series <br />Graphic Design <br />Star Trek 2009 <br />Model Making <br /><br />

Posted 06 June 2009 - 04:42 AM

nice looking model, but why hasn't the neck got windows? it seems that the AGT version does but the normal version doesn't?

#43 NCC-1701

NCC-1701

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 04:50 AM

QUOTE (LT CMDR DATA @ Jun 6 2009, 01:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
.........after looking through the starship chart from the top view and the side view both the Ent-D and Ent-E are indeed in scale to each other. the chart shows the e-d is still the larger ship while the e-e is the slimer ship. can't wait to get it soon. cool.gif

And, I hope that they carry this trend forward with the Enterprise B, and C (if they decide to do it).

#44 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 05:01 AM

QUOTE (New Frontier @ Jun 6 2009, 04:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
nice looking model, but why hasn't the neck got windows? it seems that the AGT version does but the normal version doesn't?

That one in the thread back about 5 posts is the one that Chuck sent to the Autism Fundraiser, as it says in the post (check the members only section for more photos). It is not a full production version. Have you seen the production version? Does it have windows?

#45 New Frontier

New Frontier

I know FHC by name.

• Suspended
  • 585 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek: The Original Series <br />Graphic Design <br />Star Trek 2009 <br />Model Making <br /><br />

Posted 06 June 2009 - 08:01 AM

Ah i see, well i hope it'll be in forbidden planet so i can check it out for myself, i was referring to that pic about 5 posts back. I might pick it up. does look like a nice model.

#46 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 08:03 AM

Yes it was a "test" version I'm thinking and while not "finished" very much more rare!

#47 New Frontier

New Frontier

I know FHC by name.

• Suspended
  • 585 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 08:06 AM

Will the production model still have the stand hole on the underside of the saucer does anyone know?

#48 Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 09:21 AM

Considering it comes with two stands for the purpose of having one to display the saucer on, I doubt they'll fill the hole.

#49 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 05:38 PM

They come with plugs to fill the holes when not on the stand, as someone mentioned earlier.

#50 CanOpener1256

CanOpener1256

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 118 posts
  • Interests:anything Star Trek, especially ship models from Art Asylum and others.

Posted 08 June 2009 - 09:08 AM

That is a great picture! All of them. Thanks .. my excitement level just notched up several more points.

QUOTE (FHC @ Jun 5 2009, 10:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So the one that Chuck from DST donated for the Autism Fundraiser was NOT a finished model. Look at the neck.

#51 'E'

'E'

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 09:57 AM

While I was doing a quick demo video of the new TOS medical tricorder I took my AGT Enterprise D off the shelf to do a quick demo of the lights and sounds. I just wasn't able to do the saucer separation sounds. It's impossible to do with one hand. I even had a little trouble pressing the audio button with one hand. It was done on my iPhone so it's not the best quality. Here it is...

When the saucer separates you here Ryker saying "prepare to separate the saucer section" with separation sound effects. When you reattach it you just the reattachment sound effects.

#52 CaptBrando

CaptBrando

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 11:14 AM

Nice post, I've been waiting for someone to post a review on yuotube for this. I will be getting mine this week so I'll post a vid as well. Nice work DST, but why is Riker's voice so deep...

#53 'E'

'E'

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 01:51 PM

QUOTE (CaptBrando @ Jun 8 2009, 10:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nice post, I've been waiting for someone to post a review on yuotube for this. I will be getting mine this week so I'll post a vid as well. Nice work DST, but why is Riker's voice so deep...

The voice is very deep. At first I thought it was Worf. Here's a saucer separation video...turn your volume UP!

#54 CaptBrando

CaptBrando

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 01:59 PM

Sweet, this toy seems really sturdy.

#55 'E'

'E'

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 02:04 PM

QUOTE (CaptBrando @ Jun 8 2009, 12:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sweet, this toy seems really sturdy.

It definitely has some heft to it...and a strong magnet! smile.gif

#56 A Chimpanzee & 2 Trainees

A Chimpanzee & 2 Trainees

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 710 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 03:35 PM

QUOTE (CaptBrando @ Jun 8 2009, 01:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm not even sure that IS Riker. It doesn't sound at all like him, but... maybe it's just the quality of the audio or the batteries are low, I dunno.

There aren't too many instances of saucer sep in the series. When did Riker ever directly call for it? I know he did in Generations, is that where that's from? I think Cmdr. Shelby gave the actual order in TBOBW, and then the other times it was Picard in the Pilot and Geordi in Arsenal of Freedom. Was there an "almost" separation where they never actually went through with it?

#57 Commodore Kor'Tar

Commodore Kor'Tar

The Great Tribble Hunter

• Members
  • 2,415 posts
  • Interests:Playmates figures and ships (90s era), Art Asylum and DST figures and ships , Galoob figures and micro machines .

Posted 08 June 2009 - 04:24 PM

This ship will be the ship upon which all others will be measured ! I can't wait to get my hands on it!

#58 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 08 June 2009 - 08:36 PM

QUOTE (A Chimpanzee & 2 Trainees @ Jun 8 2009, 04:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm not even sure that IS Riker. It doesn't sound at all like him, but... maybe it's just the quality of the audio or the batteries are low, I dunno.

There aren't too many instances of saucer sep in the series. When did Riker ever directly call for it? I know he did in Generations, is that where that's from? I think Cmdr. Shelby gave the actual order in TBOBW, and then the other times it was Picard in the Pilot and Geordi in Arsenal of Freedom. Was there an "almost" separation where they never actually went through with it?

Didnt he do it in Farpoint?

#59 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 11:04 PM

Riker was not on board the Enterprise when they separated the saucer. He was still at Farpoint Station. When he came aboard, Picard asked him to supervise the reconnection of the saucer.

#60 NCC-1701

NCC-1701

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 01:31 AM

I like how the blue in the nacelles light up. As much as I hate when they do this, I hope that they re-issue the NCC-1701E with the blue light effect in the nacelle. It makes a world of difference I think. smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users