Klingons

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#21 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 12 May 2009 - 07:22 AM

are there any new accessories?

#22 reverie

reverie

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 07:45 AM

Nope (unless I missed it rattling around in there somewhere). I'll double check when I get home and compare it to the two pack, but it seemed the same.. even with the extra hands.

#23 LocutusOfTuborg

LocutusOfTuborg

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 468 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 10:21 AM

QUOTE (reverie @ May 12 2009, 02:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nope (unless I missed it rattling around in there somewhere). I'll double check when I get home and compare it to the two pack, but it seemed the same.. even with the extra hands.

Could you take a picture of it as well?

thx
LoT

#24 reverie

reverie

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 05:25 PM

Well, I can't take as pretty pictures as others here can, but here's what I got:

Like I said, I'm a little saddened there isn't even a sticker on the packaging, let alone the regular topping. Nothing new here.. unless you want Gowron & not Worf, or are a completist (like me wink.gif ), I can't say it's worth getting. (at the same time, I didn't compare it to the two-pack still... did I miss anything?)

#25 Scarlet Spider

Scarlet Spider

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 06:09 PM

Perhaps the packaging mishap is the fact there is no sticker or anything on the bag. I am not a completist but I ordered this in addition to the 2 pack hoping for something "unique" to have in my collection, but it it appears pretty disappointing because it doesn't even look like the previous bagged figures...

SS

#26 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 12 May 2009 - 06:45 PM

Now I certainly dont see the purpose of this. No offense to anyone involved but I dont even see how MIB collectors will see this desireable besides from those who are absolute completists. I would have rather had the worf in a baggie to be able to customize some of generations pals.

#27 reverie

reverie

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 07:03 PM

QUOTE (TheHSBR @ May 12 2009, 08:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Now I certainly dont see the purpose of this. No offense to anyone involved but I dont even see how MIB collectors will see this desireable besides from those who are absolute completists. I would have rather had the worf in a baggie to be able to customize some of generations pals.

That's what I wanted from the get-go! wink.gif But alas, I ordered three of these (one for a friend, one to open, one to keep), but one would have sufficed.

If any.

#28 reverie

reverie

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 08:45 PM

An update: I heard back from Rick (quite quickly actually), and the packaging is indeed missing it's header card. What it seems is going to happen from here is NFC is going to get them in and staple them onto the bag themselves. I guess the people who already have their Gowron(s) will just be sent the header card.

Over-all, a pretty 'meh' experience, but I can't (and don't) fault Rick for it. I know he tried for us, it all just fell pretty short of something that could have been neat.

#29 Scarlet Spider

Scarlet Spider

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 10:38 PM

Well, at least we are getting the header car, so that takes care of it. It's a bummer about not having a unique accessory, but we were told to order as "if it were the same" so I feel there is no reason to complain. I am glad the header card is going to be attached, I feel much better about my decision to order this now!

Thanks Rev!

SS

#30 QuePaso?

QuePaso?

Newforce is my home page.

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 11:01 PM

Glad to hear these will be getting a header card 'cause there's no way I'd drop $15 on this figure in a plain baggie. I'm still not sure I can stomach the cost even with a header card. I was hoping for (but not expecting) a unique accessory -- but this IS DST !

I hope these are still good sellers for Rick!

#31 Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 12:35 AM

Personally, I'm not bothered by it. We knew that it would likely be nothing more than a single Gowron going into it, and I appreciate Rick venturing into this. Hopefully it will turn out to be good for them and result in similar, if not unique, future exclusives.

#32 Scarlet Spider

Scarlet Spider

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 03:14 AM

QUOTE (Jedigreedo @ May 13 2009, 12:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Personally, I'm not bothered by it. We knew that it would likely be nothing more than a single Gowron going into it, and I appreciate Rick venturing into this. Hopefully it will turn out to be good for them and result in similar, if not unique, future exclusives.

Agreed. a unique exclusive (Dukat, perhaps?) would be amazing. AMAZING!

SS

#33 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 03:28 AM

Yeah I had a feeling it was something having to do with the hearder card that was the problem.

#34 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 06:19 AM

How many people here are buying this for the figure and not because of the new packaging?

#35 reverie

reverie

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 06:52 AM

I bought it because of the completist in me... so yeah, I didn't really buy it for the figure. wink.gif It figures that the one time I seem to get mine bfore everyone else, it's wrong. laugh.gif I'll have to figure out how I'm going to attached the header on mine... unofficially.

#36 LocutusOfTuborg

LocutusOfTuborg

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 468 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 11:34 AM

Thx for the pictures, Reverie!

So, no "unique" accessory... sad.gif Hm...

Looks more like: "with one or two unique accessories missing" (blood wine bottle, Mekleth wink.gif )

Anyhow: thx to Rick.
And lets hope, that he quickly gets the header cards shipped to him by DST.

LoT

#37 Nigel

Nigel

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 01:49 PM

This thread really has me wanting to get some klingons lol.

#38 NewForceComics

NewForceComics

Trek Toy's Official Vendor

• VIP
  • 219 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 06:27 PM

hello all...
I did indeed try to do something a little diff or special... figured some folks get tired of having to buy another "kirk" or another "Worf" just to get the "new " figure...so, we had some folks ask about just getting a Gowron, and so the idea came about.... but, low and behold, the figure arrived with NO header card... DST can't explain what happened, so we are working on getting them to us now...luckily, only 1% of the orders shipped out, so those that did get, will receive the header cards as soon as we do...

rick

#39 reverie

reverie

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 11:13 AM

I just noticed Rick was the last one who posted here... I was coming to say that Rick sent out an e-mail stating he won't be attaching the header cards, and just sending them along with the Gowrons.

Maybe I need to buy a real stapler now. wink.gif

#40 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 12:50 PM

hmmmm.....well I dunno if that sounds like a good idea, but I dunno??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users