• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#1 Dilithium1

Dilithium1

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 12:06 PM

Entertainment Earth has a preroder for reissues of both Spock and Kirk TOS (new packaging)

Spock here:

http://www.entertain...?number=DC17779

#2 reverie

reverie

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 12:20 PM

If they make it to Uhura, that'll be an easy sell for me for sure! wink.gif I wonder if they plan on going the distance again, or just keep it to Kirk/Spock (as usual)? I'd have to guess it depends on sales..

#3 Dilithium1

Dilithium1

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 12:30 PM

QUOTE (reverie @ Jan 7 2009, 01:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If they make it to Uhura, that'll be an easy sell for me for sure! wink.gif I wonder if they plan on going the distance again, or just keep it to Kirk/Spock (as usual)? I'd have to guess it depends on sales..

It says in the article that this 'is a portent of good things yet to come!' I just wonder why they did not mention this at all ahead of time.

Now I have to figure out if I want DST 7" Classic Spock or Playmates 7" New Spock this spring....

What do you think?

#4 Sgt. Stinky

Sgt. Stinky

• Members
  • 347 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek, Indiana Jones, Friends and especially Family

Posted 07 January 2009 - 12:35 PM

Get them both. You can never have too much Trek goodness. If they reissue Sulu and Chekov and the shirt colors actually match with Kirk, I'll have to at least buy those three. That was my one pet peeve with the original issues.

#5 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 01:32 PM

QUOTE (Dilithium1 @ Jan 7 2009, 11:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Now I have to figure out if I want DST 7" Classic Spock or Playmates 7" New Spock this spring....

That AA Spock has been hailed as the best of all the AA Star Trek figures in terms of sculpt, paint etc.

If you don't have one I'd say it's worth picking at least that one up!

Also, I love the AA TOS figures. Each has ~20 POA, which is about 4 more than DST has been putting in the new designs. The most important (IMO) is the use of a 'Hinge' pin instead of a ball & socket on the shoulder.

The hige pin gives such a wider range of motion and I really miss it on DST latest stuff.

#6 RizzoPSU

RizzoPSU

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 01:41 PM

The AA Spock was/is probably on of the best....well, hell they all looked good for not being "scans".
.....and "lets give a round of applause" for the hinge pin! biggrin.gif

Too bad its probably more cost effective to do the ball joint.

#7 Dilithium1

Dilithium1

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 03:49 PM

QUOTE (RizzoPSU @ Jan 7 2009, 02:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The AA Spock was/is probably on of the best....well, hell they all looked good for not being "scans".
.....and "lets give a round of applause" for the hinge pin! biggrin.gif

Too bad its probably more cost effective to do the ball joint.

The newest news article on Trekmovie.com has an explanation for these: they are TRU exclusives. May or may not be found online. Should be found in Toys R Us VERY soon.

#8 DavAnthony

DavAnthony

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 05:55 PM

QUOTE (Dilithium1 @ Jan 7 2009, 07:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It says in the article that this 'is a portent of good things yet to come!' I just wonder why they did not mention this at all ahead of time.

What do you think?

I would go with DST 7" Spock that is the real spock and regardless of that fact it will be probably overall much better detailed and sculpted then what Playmates will come out with, not to mention the articulation.

#9 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 06:25 PM

I am surprised they went with the rubber shirts. I would have bought an entire new set if they would have done tham all with the sculpted shirts like the Amok time set. It is a little disapointing but maybe they will do them like that later.

#10 reverie

reverie

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 06:36 PM

QUOTE (JMW326 @ Jan 7 2009, 07:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am surprised they went with the rubber shirts. I would have bought an entire new set if they would have done tham all with the sculpted shirts like the Amok time set. It is a little disapointing but maybe they will do them like that later.

I'm also a bit saddened they didn't go with a sculpted shirt, but at least it saves me paying double the money!

#11 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 07:27 PM

Yes, but if your a MoC completist you need these!

#12 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 10:57 PM

Do they Have the TRU Sticker on them?? or Are they supposed to have them?

#13 s8film40

s8film40

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 862 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 12:33 AM

QUOTE (BadBunnyMike @ Jan 7 2009, 11:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do they Have the TRU Sticker on them?? or Are they supposed to have them?

I don't think their supposed to have them. They are being sold through other online stores so they don't seem to be exclusive.

#14 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 08 January 2009 - 06:37 AM

Yeah, these guys aren't exclusives, just reissues. I still need a Spock.

#15 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 06:47 AM

QUOTE (slayerone76 @ Jan 8 2009, 04:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, these guys aren't exclusives, just reissues. I still need a Spock.

Wait...they aren't exclusives? I thought they were... then why hasn't Rick or all the other comic stores had them up for presale then?

#16 reverie

reverie

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 07:37 AM

QUOTE (Gothneo @ Jan 7 2009, 08:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, but if your a MoC completist you need these!

The only thing I am a MoC completist for is Trek.... so yeah, I did buy *one* of each. wink.gif And they do not (as mentioned) have the Toys exclusive sticker, since they're not exclusives.

#17 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 07:54 AM

Okay, but again....why hasn't any other site other than EE posted anything on them? Not even Rick had mentioned them. The only mention of them was at TRU.

#18 The_Donster

The_Donster

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,198 posts
  • Interests:OMG!! Clearly my hobby is getting away from me at the moment if anyone remembers the pics of my collection on the old AA forum. While mine isn't as focused as Mark's, it's start to rival his, lol. Long answer short, too many to narrow down.

Posted 08 January 2009 - 08:02 AM

It's possible that they haven't been solicited yet through their contact BBM. If I were you, I would be asking Rick@NFC and not the board. Most of us are collectors and don't or can't explain why only one online store out scooped the others. Which is probable why no one has responded to your inquiry. It happens all the time from store to store. Next time it will be someone else, like AFX or NFC wink.gif

#19 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 09:31 AM

QUOTE (The_Donster @ Jan 8 2009, 06:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's possible that they haven't been solicited yet through their contact BBM. If I were you, I would be asking Rick@NFC and not the board. Most of us are collectors and don't or can't explain why only one online store out scooped the others. Which is probable why no one has responded to your inquiry. It happens all the time from store to store. Next time it will be someone else, like AFX or NFC wink.gif

LOL, you beat me to the punch. He thinks that TRU had them commissioned so that they are exclusive to them =)

#20 s8film40

s8film40

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 862 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 09:41 AM

Entertainment Earth has them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users