Posted 12 December 2008 - 02:37 PM

#42 Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 03:07 PM

2010 for wave 2? You're quite optimistic for the first wave. wink.gif

I'm gonna guess that Borg-7 is the chase version, I don't think she was shown in a promo pic by herself?

#43 LwaxanaLover

LwaxanaLover

Lives in the city on the edge of forever

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 04:05 PM

#44 Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 05:06 PM

I don't think there has been any information towards their packaging, I'm hoping for carded, though. I could think of a few nice ways to do boxed packaging, but if they're looking to have these sold in TRU then they're probably better off with carded.

Plus, I agree, their box packaging for the Trek chairs came out too bland. The TNG one had better graphics, but they've been too dark and the simple "Capt. Picard" text was ridiculous.

#45 Chalksquared

Chalksquared

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 812 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, performing (on stage), drawing, and collecting anything (24th century) Trek.

Posted 12 December 2008 - 09:59 PM

Since I have been awhile for quite awhile...

When does DST claim this wave will be released? I am fully aware that their date and the actual date will be months (if not years as is the case of TNG Wave 5), but I was just wondering.

#46 DS9_Fan

DS9_Fan

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 765 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 03:43 AM

I think a May 09 Release date was mentioned in one of their Q&As.

#47 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 06:39 AM

Is that 2009 or 2109?!

#48 Samwise Gamgee

Samwise Gamgee

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 03:12 PM

Did everyone see these new pics?
http://toynewsi.com/...12&itemid=13771
Seven's face looks a little better and she's purple.

#49 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 04:20 PM

Nice....The coloring on Seven's face looks weird though, bad lighting

#50 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 04:37 PM

Ack!

That had better be the lighting... otherwise this will be one time I'm praying for the factory to screw up, because that paint ain't right!

#51 LwaxanaLover

LwaxanaLover

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 08:30 PM

#52 stardust

stardust

Newforce is my home page.

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 10:18 PM

QUOTE (LwaxanaLover @ Dec 13 2008, 08:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks for the pics Samwise!!! Human Seven = stunning. The way too pink skintone needs to be fixed but the figure itself is beautiful. That article still lists her outfit as brown, if the color of her skin is due to bad lighting it's possible that the purple color of the outfit is also a result of that bad lighting. Either way i'm so buying 2 or 3 of her. I can live with it if it does in fact turn out to be purple tho. Afterall this is DST so can the brown one be far behind?

This is one figure where I won't mind having variants. Like Playmates they can make the plum outfit that debuted in Dark Frontier, the cobalt blue two tone one. Then they can make the brown one that debuted in Raven. And I doubt it would be too difficult to make a silver version.

This is the wave of Trek figures I'm most excited about for 09(followed closely by PM's Trek XI stuff). I was always disappointed that PM never gave us an accurate drone. And then AA made those ridiculously overexaggerated drones of various aliens. Finally we are getting a nice accurate drone whose outfit and attachments are based on actual FC costumes.

I also like the idea of an assimilated crewman and I love that he has ejected assimilation tubules projecting from his left hand. I always thought that would be a neat touch sorta like the Wolverine figure with retractable claws. The Seven Borgified figure is outstanding.

Now let's hope wave two has the Borg Queen, Janeway assimilated, Tuvok assimilated and Torres assimilated from "Unimatrix Zero". I think DST can justify the three VOY characters. You give VOY fans some figures and even if people hated VOY they'll stick pick up the trio because Borgifying anything makes it cool. Plus I think Tuvok's Borg costume was very similiar to the one the drone in wave one is sporting. If I remember correctly though Janeway and B'elanna's outfits were made just for them.

#53 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 07:29 AM

QUOTE (LwaxanaLover @ Dec 13 2008, 06:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can live with it if it does in fact turn out to be purple tho.

Really?! Nows the time to be telling DST that the color is wrong so they understand how important it is to correct it! If we take the approach of "ah it's alright" then we will get more stuff like "Timeless Geordi" and I for one, really would like them to at least make an effort!

That color is way off IMO. DST please correct it!

#54 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 08:25 AM

from shooting so many photos of figures over the years I'm betting that Sevens face color is due to really bright light bouncing off that purple suit.

#55 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 08:26 AM

QUOTE (FHC @ Dec 14 2008, 06:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
from shooting so many photos of figures over the years I'm betting that Sevens face color is due to really bright light bouncing off that purple suit.

Yeah It is a lighting problem...You can tell she doesn't look purple in the "fog" pics on DST's site.

#56 LwaxanaLover

LwaxanaLover

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 01:17 PM

#57 bryan316

bryan316

Toys before the light bill.

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 02:12 PM

I must be the only one not impressed by the 1/2-Borg. The head looks too large and thin, and the Borg tech and placement doesn't "wow" me. He has a random shoulder pad, the Borg arm is grafted to his wrist, and the legs are kind of goofy with both being half-Borgified. If they were going for the assimilated-on-the-spot FC look, they could have used this guy, or opt for the engineer that sticks around for most of the movie (leftmost guy, left again, and on the right)

#58 Hirogen

Hirogen

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 03:15 PM

QUOTE (Gothneo @ Dec 14 2008, 06:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Really?! Nows the time to be telling DST that the color is wrong so they understand how important it is to correct it! If we take the approach of "ah it's alright" then we will get more stuff like "Timeless Geordi" and I for one, really would like them to at least make an effort!

That color is way off IMO. DST please correct it!

They won't. What you see now is what we are going to get I'm sure.
I will pick up 7, the others looks really cool and I do love Borg but I may not pick the rest up. I have to be real selective with what I buy now.

#59 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 03:31 PM

QUOTE (LwaxanaLover @ Dec 15 2008, 06:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
She never wore this purple outfit???

She wore brown, plum, blue & silver...maybe more. The outfit on the left here is the plum.

#60 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 04:30 PM

What Art Said... although I perfer to call it "Mauve"! tongue.gif

But no matter... it's NOT purple DST, and she never wore purple! mad.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users